Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 06:14 PM

15,098 posts, read 8,641,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles123 View Post
So what exactly happened? The children who were supposedly dead are alive and living under a different alias for the rest of their lives? Or they never existed? It would take a simple yearbook check to find out if they existed or not.
Well, first of all, one need not speculate as to exactly what did happen in order to conclude that what we've been told is false. And secondly, may I point out that 5 and 6 year olds don't have a very lengthy history? So, I take it that you have you verified the identities of these children and adults yourself? No? I didn't think so. So, you just accept what you've been told, because in your opinion, it would be impossible to get away with orchestrating such an event? And why would you have such an opinion, when there is no end to the number of strange circumstances, and inconsistencies that you and others seem perfectly willing to ignore? If you ask me, there is no lie too big nor story too outlandish that cannot be foisted on a feloniously gullible public who thinks this way. The fact is, and this has been known and stated by experts in human psychology for many decades ... the bigger the lie, the easier it is to get people to believe it ... precisely because of that well known element of psychology that you've so accurately demonstrated and proven true here. It's as predictable as a sunrise.

Quote:
There are certain events that take place where there could be a credible conspiracy but this is not one of them.
Got an example? How about the assassination of a United States President maybe? Do you realize the magnitude and risks taken by those involved in the JFK assassination? Or are you one of only a handful of people left on the planet that still believes the magic bullet scenario? Or, could the government employ 100,000 people to work years on a secret project to uncover the secrets of the atom and create the most powerful weapon ever conceived by the human mind, and keep it all a secret until two of those bombs were dropped on two cities in Japan that annihilated them both, reducing them to a smoldering ash heaps? That sounds pretty incredible, doesn't it? Sounds like that might be just a tad more difficult to pull off than running an emergency exercise (that they have practiced doing before) in some sleepy podunk town in Connecticut where the local police spokesman may well be on the federal payroll, and the local new reporters simply report what is handed them in official news releases? They conduct these types of "training exercises", and actually use paid actors to play roles like bystanders, victims, police, rescue workers, members of the media .... I mean come on for crying out loud ... how IN-YOUR-FACE must it be? They have companies that do only this, who have contracts with DHS and FEMA for God's sake. They have a website that tells you that they do this for emergency management exercises. So, you think they couldn't coordinate this, and just pretend it is a real event? Sure they could. It would be a piece of cake.

Quote:
It is 100% impossible to get away with a hoax this big. Maybe there is certain information that they messed up on but 27 people ARE dead.
Nothing is "impossible". But yet, you are certain of this, how exactly? The reality is, you really don't know squat! You don't!! You only believe what you've been told ... and nothing more than that. That's not "knowing" .. that's just "believing". And believing a thing does not make it true. There are a lot of people that believe a lot of things that aren't true.

Quote:
If Nancy Lanza wasn't dead don't you think we would of found out by now when someone saw her? Or if she never existed don't you think we would find out by now when no one had ever seen her or heard of her before?
You know, it really gives me no pleasure to tell you that you just couldn't demonstrate a greater degree of denseness. The fact is, in the ultimate supreme irony, this is exactly what is happening ... you are being told about this, so you are hearing about it, you just aren't listening. That's the reality, because what you just described is exactly the scenario afoot. First, we have this one supposed school employee describing Nancy Lanza as a great teacher that she knew very well, and how she was the best. Of course, we find out afterward, that she wasn't the person lying dead inside the school as this person claimed, because Nancy Lanza was actually lying dead in her home. And, if Nancy Lanza had no connection to the school at all, as later reports claimed, how could this woman who works at the school not know that Lanza didn't work there? And for that matter, how could she have known her at all? Clearly this couldn't be just a simple mistake. You don't mistakenly know someone very well, and claim they are a great teacher when they aren't even a teacher, so it is painfully obvious that this woman was lying, but why? And, to make matters more convoluted, neighbors living right there in Nancy Lanza's neighborhood say they never heard of her ... do not know her ... and one of them said that they all conferred among themselves and none of them ever heard of Nancy Lanza. So there seems to be big problems with the whole Nancy Lanza story. BIG PROBLEMS ... too big to miss, unless you simply refuse to open your eyes.

Quote:
Contrary to what you said there are plenty of people who "knew" her.
Show us who these people are ... because, as I just got finished explaining, it ain't the lady at the school who claims she knew her so well, that's for sure. And none of the people in her neighborhood seem to know her either. So who are all of these "plenty of people" you are referring to ?

Quote:
What about that barber who cut Adam Lanza's hair? Is he in on it too?
OK ... you got me .... the butler didn't do it, because the barber says so. You're really grasping at straws here. And I've got to wonder why.

Quote:
There are inconsistencies in every event that happens. People see different things. Every car crash that happens I'm sure you could get different accounts of what happened or whose at fault. That doesn't mean it didn't happen though. I don't see anything that the government had to gain by lieing about the facts of this case. Yes, even the gun.
No, that's not true. When any event occurs, there are facts relating to the event, and a specific scenario that defines the event from beginning to end, truthfully. But when the narrative doesn't fit the facts, and too many inconsistencies in the story are present, the story is inconsistent with the truth, which is just a nice way of saying the story is a big fat lie. And the only way to not see this is to purposely close your eyes.

Quote:
It's funny that some people on here are complaining that they didn't get all of the facts. Do you really think your entitled to know everything? Free press means they can report it if they want it doesn't mean they have to report everything.
The mystery of the ages .. why you liberal crazies love being lied to is beyond rational explanation. Yes .. we are absolutely entitled to the truth .. and that was the WHOLE PURPOSE of the freedom of the press ... to keep the people informed of the TRUTH ... not freedom to lie. But today, and according to you .. we should not expect to be informed truthfully ... and all I can say to that is, it's delusional insanity to think this way. It's delusional to embrace lies, and dismiss honesty as not very important, and something that is "optional". Government, both federal and state officials WORK FOR US .... WE PAY THEIR SALARIES, and part of that bargain is for them to be honest, and serve us, and our best interests ... and nobody except a backward thinking liberal could possibly believe that it would be in our best interests to be lied to.

Quote:
The police are more concerned with helping the families then getting the information out. If someone killed your child or spouse or sibling the last thing you would care about is making sure the rest of world knows exactly what type of gun they were shot with.

Conspiracy theorists are hilarious. Rarely do they have an alternate scenario of what happened it's always just claiming something didn't happen because there are a few inconsistent pieces of information.

Have you ever been in a situation where innocent 20 children and innocent 7 adult were gunned down? I doubt it. Most of the inconsistencies came out in the first day, a time that was the most frantic day in every persons life that was there on the scene. Actually the fact that they originally got the perpetrator wrong (Lanza's brother) actually is more proof that this was real. If this was a hoax the name of the perpetrator would of been concrete from the beginning as it would of been the first and most important peice of information that the government "made up".
I can see how you might think that makes sense ... from a very limited perspective, and from a simple minded way of looking at it ... seems altogether reasonable. But that is not how the world works, and it's not logical at all to think this way. When a story is told truthfully ... the various elements fit together and complement each other. But when a story is fabricated, inevitably, inconsistencies will pop up, and various elements will contradict, rather than complement. And this is nothing new .. life has always been that simple, and people have always employed this type of fundamental logic in separating fact from fiction, and truth from lies. It's only in today's modern times where it seems that so many are simply incapable of clear rational thinking, and the elementary logic to recognize when they are obviously being lied to. In your case, it seems you have no use for the truth .. which is even crazier. You don't think we deserve the truth, so I guess that explains why you're so willing to accept lies without a second thought.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 01-22-2013 at 06:50 PM..

Old 01-22-2013, 06:17 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Now the 9-11 report is a conspiracy to you? You didn't question anything in that report? Somehow that doesn't shock me at all.
Not to me. Apparently it is to you.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,185,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The thing is though that millions of people are on those psychiatric medications and the vast majority do not become mass murderers. That's why I don't believe that investigating what if any drugs these shooters were on is a fruitful avenue of investigation. And what if you find that the Aurora shooter for example was on Prozac. Are you going to make all the millions of people on Prozac stop taking it?

Same argument really for the video games. Video games are probably the #1 past time of adolescent boys and many young men. Again, very few of them become mass shooters. And in terms of prevention, do you stop hundreds of millions of young men from playing violent video games just because a handful of them end up becoming mass shooters? I see the video game connection as a straw man.

Other countries have young men on psychiatric medications, other countries have young men who play violent video games. But other countries don't have a gun in nearly every home.
Same could be said for guns. There are countless responsible gun owners yet a small handful are irresponsible and ruin it for everyone. Since gun possession is protected as a constitutional right, it should be the last place to look for solutions. I actually don't think it should be touched at all and this is coming from someone who does not own any guns and has never even fired a gun, that is unless you count squirt guns.

I do believe that we should be looking closely at prescription drugs such as Prozac. I do believe that we should be scrutinizing extremely violent video games targeted at teenage boys.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
I think that we should have been looking for commonalities since the first round of school shootings rather then having short lived gun debates flare after each new shooting. I think that taking the time to really look for commonalities and then start talking about ideas for change makes sense. To me, that would not be considered a knee jerk reaction.

I think that school security could learn a lot from Planned Parenthood's security model. As many know, they were the targets of violence in the past and they responded by tightening up security. I don't think that schools need to reinvent the wheel, they could learn from other organizations who have dealt with similar threats of violence.
You are a hoot!! While you go searching around for "commonalities" don't trip over the piles of guns in the middle of every room...

Old 01-22-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You are a hoot!! While you go searching around for "commonalities" don't trip over the piles of guns in the middle of every room...

Old 01-22-2013, 06:26 PM

24,003 posts, read 15,096,054 times
The Houston community college shootings were 2 guys in an argument. Some news reports say it was gang related. One bystander was shot. Local news said one was a heart attack.

A news photographer can stand on the street and take a picture, but they cannot go on private property without permission. A school is private property owned by the district.

I was told while in cardiac rehab that no one knows how any medication will effect any individual.

The tranquilizer or other mood altering drug could cause an individual to do such behavior. It has long been acknowledged that some will be suicidal while on Prozac and/or other tranquilizers. I know a family whose teenaged daughter hung herself while being treated for depression with Prozac.

What about these paintball games where young folk go out in the woods and shoot each other with paintball guns? That always seemed like an outlandish game to me.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The Houston community college shootings were 2 guys in an argument. Some news reports say it was gang related. One bystander was shot. Local news said one was a heart attack.

A news photographer can stand on the street and take a picture, but they cannot go on private property without permission. A school is private property owned by the district.

I was told while in cardiac rehab that no one knows how any medication will effect any individual.

The tranquilizer or other mood altering drug could cause an individual to do such behavior. It has long been acknowledged that some will be suicidal while on Prozac and/or other tranquilizers. I know a family whose teenaged daughter hung herself while being treated for depression with Prozac.

What about these paintball games where young folk go out in the woods and shoot each other with paintball guns? That always seemed like an outlandish game to me.
A public school is on public property owned by the people who pay taxes to the district.

Increased risk of homicidal and suicidal ideations are known risks with SSRI's. Even if the risk is small, it's big enough to warrant a second look, imo. I also know people who committed suicide shortly after being prescribed an SSRI.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
I'm obviously not the OP but I will answer based on my opinion. Yes, outrage was expressed by the public after this shooting (and past shootings). The appropriate response from the government would be to look closely at these types of shootings and to look for things in common. To try and find the triggers and commonalities. Guns have been around forever but these types of mass shootings that we see with ever increasing frequency were extremely rare up until very recently. We should be looking at what has changed and then go from there. We should not make knee jerk reactions which involve infringing on constitutional rights. Banning assault weapons will not end this type of mass shooting.
These type of guns have not been around forever. Nothing like these types of weapons even existed when the Constitution was written.

As a matter of fact none of these weapons even existed 50 years ago. What has changed is that you gunnuts have been flooding the country with these types of dangerous weapons, and people are getting feed up with it. All constitutional rights have limitations, and the Second Amendment is no exception.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
These type of guns have not been around forever. Nothing like these types of weapons even existed when the Constitution was written.

As a matter of fact none of these weapons even existed 50 years ago. What has changed is that you gunnuts have been flooding the country with these types of dangerous weapons, and people are getting feed up with it. All constitutional rights have limitations, and the Second Amendment is no exception.
Yes!! Telling it like it is....

Old 01-22-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post

Are you seriously calling me a gun nut? Like I said earlier, I do not own any guns. Unless you count my kid's broken squirt gun. I stand by my beliefs regarding gun ownership and the second amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies