Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I don't know should they?

Again I am asking a very simple question, which is how do conservatives go about ensuring that all Americans have equality of opportunity.

This is the thing that conservatives lie and say they value. Surely there'd be some conservative policy ideas to have one kind of check, something to ensure equality of opportunity.

Instead, I got your crappy answer which you don't even believes ensures equality of opportunit for all Americans, then another poster lying and insisting that every American born already has equality if opportunity which is an even more dishonest answer then yours.

Which just proves my point that conservatives don't care about equality and are lying when hey throw out that word vomit equality of opportunity.
And you have been asked multiple times by multiple posters to tell us exactly what you think this ensuring entails ?

What is it that is missing ?

All American do have equal opportunity.
There is no class of people denied education.
There is no class of people denied the ability to look for a job.
There is no class of people denied home ownership.

No one is being DENIED anything in America.
Yet you think it is happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 10:27 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Resources, class sizes, and time. I do volunteer work at inner city schools and those schools are not nearly equal to the suburban schools.
Who's fault is that??? Why do they lack resources? Class sizes are a red herring as the OP already brought up. Also, don't schools pretty much have the same day length? Everything you are blaming is the fault of the local community and nothing more. It's about personal responsibility.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You are fool. You are on record with the ignorant belief that all Americans have equality of opportunity.

This belief brands you a liar and a fraud. You are only relevant in proving my point that the conservative word vomit equality of opportunity is lie and that conservatives do nothing to ensur it's existence.

For me you have played your in proving me correct. Thank you.
Let me ask you a serious question. You say that you absolutely believe this but are unable to substantiate any of it by a giving a single example of an impediment to success. If you really believe this, what evidence led you down this path of reasoning? Face it, you have been told this and you just believe it without even questioning it yourself.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I've been in inner city schools.
The kids there are given calculators and laptops while the kids in suburban schools have to buy them.
Inner city kids are given books for reading while kids in suburban schools have to buy them.
Inner city kids get extra remedial help with dedicated remedial teachers while kids in suburban schools have to pay for tutors.

Yeah..I'd like to know as well what's missing that he poster keeps telling us to visit an inner city school.
I've been there and in multiple districts.
It's a multifaceted problem that extends to livable wages, preventive healthcare(not just corrective), a drug war being waged in some inner-city areas making the children there develop emotional(which affects learning) problems.....gosh, it would take some time, and I could expound on the complexities inhabiting certain schools, but I don't think it's really that hard to peel away at the layers to get to the truth of the matter. One just has to be willing, and have the due diligence to seek it out to the end.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And you have been asked multiple times by multiple posters to tell us exactly what you think this ensuring entails ?

What is it that is missing ?

All American do have equal opportunity.
There is no class of people denied education.
There is no class of people denied the ability to look for a job.
There is no class of people denied home ownership.

No one is being DENIED anything in America.
Yet you think it is happening.
Thank you, you are another liar and a fraud that claims that all Americans have equality of opportunity.

conservatives are the biggest liars.

Because they can't answer the question what they do to ensure equality of opportunity for all Americans they lie and say that all Americans have equality of opportunity.

This is why it is a waste debating conservatives. To them if you are born poor becase you can go to school, apply for jobs, and buy a home you have the equality of opportunities as the wealthy.

Does any sane person believe those things constitute equality of opportunity? Lying conservatives will say they do.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What's not equal in those schools? Are they using outdated technology? Bad pencils? Pens with no ink? Do they have to make their own paper? What is it?

School spending is often unequal. A school district full of $500K homes will often have more money to spend on each pupil than a school district full of $100K homes.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
It's a multifaceted problem that extends to livable wages, preventive healthcare(not just corrective), a drug war being waged in some inner-city areas making the children there develop emotional(which affects learning) problems.....gosh, it would take some time, and I could expound on the complexities inhabiting certain schools, but I don't think it's really that hard to peel away at the layers to get to the truth of the matter. One just has to be willing, and have the due diligence to seek it out to the end.
Everything you mentioned has to do with personal choices, nothing else. SO, here we are, it's ALL about equality of OUTCOME isn't it? Oh yes it is....

/Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:35 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Who's fault is that??? Why do they lack resources? Class sizes are a red herring as the OP already brought up. Also, don't schools pretty much have the same day length? Everything you are blaming is the fault of the local community and nothing more. It's about personal responsibility.
Class sizes are not a red herring to the actual educators in the classroom. Sure, for you they are, but that just helps with spreading your false agenda.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
School spending is often unequal. A school district full of $500K homes will often have more money to spend on each pupil than a school district full of $100K homes.
And???????? It has ALWAYS been like that! It's what YOU put in, not what others do for you.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Class sizes are not a red herring to the actual educators in the classroom. Sure, for you they are, but that just helps with spreading your false agenda.
Yeah, we know, teachers got lazier over the years. Why was I able to make something of myself when every single class size I had my entire school going life was over 30? You are looking for equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity. If the kids wanted a real opportunity, they would try harder, not wait for something to be given to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies