Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
glitch is right about the iraq war, however he is wrong about libya. since obama is the commander in chief of the military, under the war powers act he can order the military into action for 90 days, after which he must seek approval from congress to continue the military operation. unfortunately congress gave their tacit approval by not voting to stop funding for the libya operation.
The War Powers Act of 1973 is unconstitutional. Congress cannot delegate a power that is expressly granted to them by the US Constitution to another branch of government. Only Congress has the authority to declare wars, not Presidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 06:48 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The War Powers Act of 1973 is unconstitutional. Congress cannot delegate a power that is expressly granted to them by the US Constitution to another branch of government. Only Congress has the authority to declare wars, not Presidents.
that may be, but until such time as scotus rules it unconstitutional, it stands as law. second the persident didnt declare war, he just sent the troops into action, which as commander in chief he has the right to do so, again for 90 days according to the war powers act.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
For what violation should Bush have been impeached?
Aside from violating international treaties and committing war crimes? You can't get a more impeachable offense.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:40 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,199 times
I thought Ed Meese died 20 years ago. Ever have that happen? You hear about some long-forgotten star you thought was worm food eons ago, only to find they're still stirring? Happened a couple years ago when someone referred to Karl Malden as an actively living man. I remember wondering how this could be, But be it did.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:48 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
That would be great if not for one issue: President Biden

Edwin Meese: Obama Could Be Impeached Over Guns - 1/14/13
Obama's not going to be impeached. It's not politically feasible. And as much as I loathe his administration, I don't want to see him impeached. Regardless of the fact that he is a complete failure, he is the first black president and that does mean something. I would rather not have history record that our first black president was impeached.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:00 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Obama's not going to be impeached. It's not politically feasible. And as much as I loathe his administration, I don't want to see him impeached. Regardless of the fact that he is a complete failure, he is the first black president and that does mean something. I would rather not have history record that our first black president was impeached.
Yeah, he's too peached to be impeached.

Besides, he's not REALLY the president.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
This President! is too peachy, to be impeached. Infact all his little peaches in the media, his hollyweird celebrities, and music mongels, would be up in arms.

I know for fact, Obama is above being impeached for anything. But sad in a way, cause he can do anything, almost like he is above any law.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
This President! is too peachy, to be impeached. Infact all his little peaches in the media, his hollyweird celebrities, and music mongels, would be up in arms.

I know for fact, Obama is above being impeached for anything. But sad in a way, cause he can do anything, almost like he is above any law.
Yeah, but he is not above the power.

Hitler got himself above the power.

Obama is Stalin's tool for the power.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Obama will remain President. Accept it or remain delusional and bitter for the next 4 years.
Rednecks will resist till the very last day, warning us about their stupid revolution that will never be.

It's going to be a long 4 years for them. LOL

Schadenfreude!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 01:35 AM

Iron Mountain Report

Iron Mountain - Blueprint for Tyranny.avi - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies