Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,399,814 times

Advertisements

bah blah blah

Heard all this crap from you unhinged moonbats right before the 2010 midterm elections....

How'd that work out for ya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 06:00 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentro View Post
I mean I completely agree with you BMOREBOY that having a two party system or even multiple party system is in the best interest for governorship but it really cant be denied that we'll be better off without the GOP. They're been a thorn in America's foot for well over a decade now in the most rambunctious ways.

I was disgusted to see how long they took with the Sandy aid/fund and the Fiscal Cliff-- while we reached a deal, it was prolonged and held back because of the confusion to the right.

I thought John Huntsman was sane and a reputable candidate for the GOP nomination-- too bad he was too sane for the extreme right. They glossed over him for sex offenders like Herman Cain, anti-LGBT activists like Rick Santorum, incompetence like Rick Perry, charlatans like Mitt Romney, and straight out of the asylum like Bachman.
i thought huntsman was the kind of china dealing corporate chemical guy that you liberals disliked, but then again i saw what gore did.

if you think all the sandy aid is getting to those struggling people, you haven't been in a disaster in your life. (same with the haiti aid)- it's a license to steal.

i am glad to see that the democrats feel that they are in charge now and making all the decisions and that will mean that they are finally accountable for the disaster that is coming. i will say it isn't ALL their fault, but certainly the actions of the federal reserve could have been prevented, instead of encouraged in spades.

a great piece by michael burry on zero hedge today. here is part of it:

The real core of the problem is, and has always been, the Federal Reserve: this committee of a ten myopic, conflicted and Wall Street-friendly economists (whose vice Chairman comes directly from Goldman Sachs), who all live with the flawed perception that Keynes is correct, has now achieved centralized power to an extent that would make the Soviet CK blush. As fiscal stimulus options are now essentially eliminated, monetary policy now dictates all: the stock market, bond prices, inflation, consumer savings, right down to the most basic daily activities by Americans (which lately tend to be waiting in line for an extended period of time, for an object that will be used a few times then cast away). And those who dictate monetary policy, and the rapidly deteriorating fate of America, are a few people who are accountable to no one except their Wall Street overlords, working with cooked books, which are open to nobody, and making decisions in the secrecy of what can objectively be called a cabal. Yet even with all this, at least 70% of the Senate still regularly reconfirms the biggest dictator in the history of what may once have been a democracy. This is the kind of communism that Lenin, Stalin, Marx and Engels could only dream of.

and here's the rest:
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/mic...nd-and-pretend

Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,306,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
All of a sudden winning a clear majority isn't legitimate enough? Just remember that Bush never got a 3% win (in fact, in 2000 he lost the popular vote) but that didn't stop him from declaring he had a mandate to privatize Social Security.
I actually predicted an Obama win, but not carry the popular vote. Another fact about 2012 which many do not realize is, had Obama lost Ohio, Virginia and Florida, he still would of won with 272 EV's. The states adding up to that 272 he carried by 5 percent or more. Much of that had to do with a growing Hispanic population. That is where I see the big problem with the GOP at the national level.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:08 AM

63,014 posts, read 29,223,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I actually predicted an Obama win, but not carry the popular vote. Another fact about 2012 which many do not realize is, had Obama lost Ohio, Virginia and Florida, he still would of won with 272 EV's. The states adding up to that 272 he carried by 5 percent or more. Much of that had to do with a growing Hispanic population. That is where I see the big problem with the GOP at the national level.
Since there are only about 10 million Hispanics that vote their votes aren't that relevant. How should the GOP reach them? By thumbing their noses at our immigration laws for their ethnic group? Really?

Old 02-14-2013, 07:33 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,741,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
The Liberals are just trying to divide up the nation and play santa. Eventually, people get higher paying jobs and realize how much their taxes are going up and see the free riders (Obama's term) taking more than they put out.
Nope. The rift was created back in 1981, when the right wingers decided to turn fascist, and begin to tear down the fiber of this nation by further enriching the rich, impoverishing the govt and the middle class, move the working poor to homeless status, and set up a financial disaster of gargantuan proportions that President Obama is now trying to clean up. It's getting tiring cleaning up after you people.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,896,111 times
I think the GOP will change. In today's "oh look it sparkles I want one" society where people are generally brain dead, the GOP will have to find a gee whiz guy to get elected. Of course the liberal left wing media with their agendas would never support anyone with the GOP.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:27 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,246,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentro View Post
I believe the GOP will go the way of the Whigs. It's a largely unpopular party and it's a dying class-- they seem to frustrate more Americans by the coming day. I personally believe we're headed into a one party system, the GOP's becoming weaker at the federal level and eventually I think the Democrat party as it becomes larger and more polarized will split into two: a liberal and a moderate system.

Anyone else feeling this?
40% of the citizens call themselves conservatives; only 21% call themselves liberals. Conservatives Remain the Largest Ideological Group in U.S. These numbers have been constant for quite a while. Conservatives aren't going anywhere, but we don't have much (if any) representation in Washington, or in the media.

We already DO have a one-party system. The Republicrats. This Far-Left Progressive Party of Federal Big Government serving Big Business, Empire-building wars and a vast Military policing the world; massive government spending and borrowing up to the point of collapse; dollar devaluation and no interest rates to support endless debt; and promising the populace endless entitlements that simply can't be paid for after all the jobs went overseas.

The Media is the biggest reason we are ruled by the 21% of the population who are liberal, and the games played by Washington allow a tiny minority to run our county. We don't have free elections; we have "hold your nose and vote" elections where liberal clones satisfy nobody except the 21% liberal Progressives.

I hope at some point Americans will wake up and form a REAL Republican Party that is Libertarian (social liberal but fiscal conservative), like our Founding Fathers intended. We need to leave the Religious Fanatics OUT of the political process; they have no place since we have freedom of religion.

I just hope the Progressives don't bring us to utter collapse before we can regain sanity, but it sure is looking that way. Obama won't stop until we are Greece, and we don't have anyone to save us like Greece does.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:30 AM

68 posts, read 51,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I think the GOP will change. In today's "oh look it sparkles I want one" society where people are generally brain dead, the GOP will have to find a gee whiz guy to get elected. Of course the liberal left wing media with their agendas would never support anyone with the GOP.
Seems like brain dead is pretty much all that's left in the GOP base.

Herp-derp! homeesexuals?! OMGZ!

Old 02-14-2013, 11:42 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,741,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
You're right. Not while the GOP remains riddled with nutjobs and extremists, and these set the tone for 100% of the GOP's discourse.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:48 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,306,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Since there are only about 10 million Hispanics that vote their votes aren't that relevant. How should the GOP reach them? By thumbing their noses at our immigration laws for their ethnic group? Really?
The tipping point in that 272EV was Colorado and Nevada. Huge Hispanic populations. Also when most national elections are decided by 5 or less points, every vote is relevant. Like I said in an earlier post, the GOP needs more then just the "old white mans" vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies