Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
And anyone as obviously obsessed with this subject as you are, would make even Joe Arpaio look like a ''pro-illegal''!
Wouldn't address the remarks I made in my post, would you? Why is that? I don't call being opposed to illegal immigration and not desiring rewarding violators with amnesty as being obsessed. If you want to talk about obsession how about the numerous Hispanics who think their illegal amigos should be above our laws and rewarded for breaking them including blackmailing our politicans for votes, marching in our streets for lawbreakers and calling anyone who is not up for their agenda a racist, xenophobe, etc. Now that's obsession!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 10:21 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Same here. NHS for the win.

you couldnt afford NHS

Old 01-28-2013, 04:17 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
No, I was visiting, which people do all the time, even in Arizona. I don't recall anyone demanding papers or ID. I needed medical care and I got it. Commies in Europe are less concerned with the color of the patient's skin and more concerned with health.
So you were there legally.........

Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
... the GOP continues it's headlong BACKWARD MARCH TO OBLIVION. The state legislature just passed a bill requiring doctors to call the cops on any suspected "illegal aliens" who come in seeking medical treatment:

Arizona bill would compel hospitals to check immigration status - latimes.com

So now parents will be scared to take their sick, likely INFECTOUS, kids to the ER??? That is just BREATHTAKINGLY stupid, Party o' Stupid (to quote Bobby Jindal).

In before "Go back to Mexico if you don't like it... Blah blah blah"

Keep it coming, GOP... thats ALL us Dems want... Just keep it coming
That same law needs to be in 50 states; not just 1.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:16 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
... the GOP continues it's headlong BACKWARD MARCH TO OBLIVION. The state legislature just passed a bill requiring doctors to call the cops on any suspected "illegal aliens" who come in seeking medical treatment:

Arizona bill would compel hospitals to check immigration status - latimes.com

So now parents will be scared to take their sick, likely INFECTOUS, kids to the ER??? That is just BREATHTAKINGLY stupid, Party o' Stupid (to quote Bobby Jindal).

In before "Go back to Mexico if you don't like it... Blah blah blah"

Keep it coming, GOP... thats ALL us Dems want... Just keep it coming
It says the bill was introduced not passed. It was introduced to the state house of representatives by a republican rep. that's all.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:31 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you couldnt afford NHS
I dare say I could as I have a well paying professional career and a graduate degree in a hard science. Also the NHS worked very well when I was visiting family in the UK and broke a bone.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 AM

593 posts, read 1,411,829 times
I understand where you're coming from Arizona, when I lived there I had a pretty serious medical emergency (that wasn't readily apparent) and the 2 times I tried going to the ER, the wait was eight hours. Because people (both legal and illegal) use the ER if they have even just the sniffles. I see where you're going with this Arizona, I appreciate you are thinking outside the box, but there are probably many better options to take care of the problems in your state that won't cause an outbreak of TB.

Reasons #3,581, 3,582, & 3,583 why I left Arizona.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:45 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Actually the idiots are the ones who broke the law to get here....not our problem. Leave. Apply for a visa...legally and you have no problems.
You are always ranting about big government, yet you support police state policies. Some rebel.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:53 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
You are always ranting about big government, yet you support police state policies. Some rebel.
So I guess going after American lawbreakers is big government and puts us in a police state then? Gee, I guess we'd better stop that, right?

Old 01-31-2013, 05:27 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Depending on the country, it'll work out quite well.
Not really. We are most generous here. Not complaining - that's what makes the US better than them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies