Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 05:33 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,801 times

Advertisements

I bet that Hillary must love that....especially when she announces her run for 2016...

Paul Ryan: 'If We Had a Clinton Presidency, We Would Have Fixed This Fiscal Mess By Now' | NewsBusters

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-28-2013 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 AM

365 posts, read 644,975 times
This is just another slight jab at Barack. If they didn't want Barack to win a second term. Do you really think they would have wanted the first woman President to be successful in her first term? They would have been the party of NO in overdrive.

Paul you lost. Regroup and try again in 4 years. But nobody likes a sore loser.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:12 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
Ryan is being honest it has been a bi partisan cluster f*** that has got us into this mess. And to get out of it is going to take both parties working together and some give and take. He is also right about Clinton who no doubt was drove to the center by {R} control in both chambers. Clinton was still able to get bi partisan support on legislation, both parties supported Nafta and welfare reform, etc,etc.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
This is just another slight jab at Barack. If they didn't want Barack to win a second term. Do you really think they would have wanted the first woman President to be successful in her first term? They would have been the party of NO in overdrive.

Paul you lost. Regroup and try again in 4 years. But nobody likes a sore loser.
That's the thing...all of this outpouring of love by Republicans for Clinton is a joke. They're only doing it because Obama kicked their patooties...they can't stand Hillary Clinton. Never could.

Trust me, if Hillary Clinton had won, they'd be treating her just as bad if not worse than they treat Obama.

I guess Repubs thing that we've all forgotten the years between 1992-2000 when their anti-Clinton hate was at fever pitch.

But now they love Hillary, huh? LMAO...yea, right.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,801 times
Quote:
Well what about the 53 deaths and 12 attacks on our embassies during the Bush/Condi days, guess that was OK
The difference they didn't lie and try to blame it on a video!!!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Or the 241 American dead in the Lebanon bombing during Reagan's tenure?

It was in the midst of a civil war, ya think maybe someone should've sensed a need for increased security?
In fact, only a few months before the Lebanon bombing, we had an embassy attack in Beirut that killed 17 Americans, and 63 people overall. Reagan did nothing.

But of course, Conservatives have short memories.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
The difference they WERE REPUBLICANS AND THEREFORE I SHALL CONVENIENTLY CATCH A CASE OF AMNESIA.
There...fixed it.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:05 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
Who cares about conjecture from paul Ryan? He is clearly pretty incapable of understanding economics and economies. People seem to forget than when a rpevious president writes a check, it still must be covered... Medicare Part D, Iraq war, TARP and so forth... Not even the Clintons could have fixed this mess. Our best chance of dealing with the debt will be to do away with the Fed. otherwise there is no hope to resolve it.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
In fact, only a few months before the Lebanon bombing, we had an embassy attack in Beirut that killed 17 Americans, and 63 people overall. Reagan did nothing.

But of course, Conservatives have short memories.
Must be why their favorite (and most acceptable) excuse for malfeasance is "Well, I don't remember"

Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,935,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
The difference they didn't lie and try to blame it on a video!!!
This is all you have? I really don't remember what they blamed it on, but I'm sure they blamed it on something. I doubt highly that they simply said "you've got us, we stood by and let civilians die, yes we did". And, I'll admit, I wasn't paying real close attention when the Benghazi thing broke but I do know that in the bruhah which followed, sound bites were aired of Obama calling the attack, a terror attack. The people who blamed the attack on the video were not Obama. They were not authorized by Obama to air that particular theory. DOES IT REALLY MATTER??? Some people say 9/11 was because Islam hates the fact that American women walk around with their arms bare. Osama Bin Laden said the attack was because America supports Israel, defends Israel and advocates for Israel. I'm inclined to believe the latter but it hardly matters what the reason was, does it?? 3.5K people were killed in a single act of terrorism. Republicans want to make Benghazi into a crime of negligence so they can bring about impeachment proceedings... even if you could get rid of Obama that way... what would you do about Biden? When, and if, Republicans learn SHAME, that will be when the brand starts to recover its lost prestige. When Republicans learn that winning (attempting to win) by sabotaging the game, is a failed strategy at best, there might be hope for future Republican candidates. Me, I hope they never learn...

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies