Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

I got ticked and told my rep that I would hold him accountable for voting for it. There was a vote to pass this but it had to be paid for. It was voted down. (my rep helped vote it down).

Now I do not have a problem with helping people out in this situation but it has to be paid for and not filled with billions in pork that had absolutely nothing to do with the storm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Figures...not one Dem in the list. Spend until there's nothing left to spend and then print some more to spend.

Amtrak got an operating subsidy, not repair money.
We're paying to build roads in Guam and American Samoa.
We're paying to fix a roof that was needing repair before Sandy.
HHS is getting funded for substance abuse programs in any state.
The military is getting money for ammunition.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Here are the 36 "Patriots" (yes, all Nays were Republicans) so that they can't hide :

Ayotte (R-NH)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Blunt (R-MO)
Boozman (R-AR)
Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coats (R-IN)
Coburn (R-OK)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
Cruz (R-TX)
Enzi (R-WY)
Fischer (R-NE)
Flake (R-AZ)
Graham (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kirk (R-IL)
Lee (R-UT)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
Paul (R-KY)
Portman (R-OH)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rubio (R-FL)
Scott (R-SC)
Sessions (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Toomey (R-PA)

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

My question to the Tea Party "Patriots":

Why? What have our brothers and sisters in the Northeast, who have been struggling with such devastation, done to deserve such inhumane treatment by the Republican Party? Why such hate? Where is the "compassionate conservatism" that George W. Bush used to talk about? What does the Bible say about this?
Are you really so out of the loop that you don't understand it's the PORK attached to the aid that they're against?

Old 01-28-2013, 08:22 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Are you really so out of the loop that you don't understand it's the PORK attached to the aid that they're against?
So its pork now, but wasn't pork during Katrina?

Old 01-28-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Aid isn't pork but the pork is pork and indeed Katrina aid was full of it also.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I read that bill and was against it as well because of the pork.
Ron Paul voted NO for that as I was following his votes.

You think some of us are picking and choosing good pork vs bad pork ?

There is no good pork. Sliming pork into aid packages is dirty politics.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Figures...not one Dem in the list. Spend until there's nothing left to spend and then print some more to spend.

Amtrak got an operating subsidy, not repair money.
We're paying to build roads in Guam and American Samoa.
We're paying to fix a roof that was needing repair before Sandy.
HHS is getting funded for substance abuse programs in any state.
The military is getting money for ammunition.
Guessing you think no bill should ever be passed because I doubt there is ever a single bill that is passed without having these add-ons. It is apart of politics and I will bet Texas has some money coming their way on this bill too.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:39 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,157,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
This money comes from taxes. Holy smoke, don't we have enough of a deficit to satisfy you? If you are so generous with other people's money, why don't you pay twice as much tax to help them?

20yrsinBranson
This aid is going to the Northeast. They already pay majority of the taxes. It's in our best interest to keep them paying into the system by supporting them. If it were Missouri, a state that is hardly productive in terms of GDP, then I can understand your consensus.

If we want to cut back on the deficit we need to stop sending states like Missouri and Mississippi more money than they generate. They are really drawing on the system.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:43 PM

45,238 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This aid is going to the Northeast. They already pay majority of the taxes. It's in our best interest to keep them paying into the system by supporting them. If it were Missouri, a state that is hardly productive in terms of GDP, then I can understand your consensus.

If we want to cut back on the deficit we need to stop sending states like Missouri and Mississippi more money than they generate. They are really drawing on the system.
So workers from the entire country have to have money pulled out of their pockets so your corner of the world can keep kicking up to Caesar?
Compelling argument lol.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post

The problem is not people getting some of their taxes back when they are in need.

There is $150 million going to Alaskan fisheries though. (only one example)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies