U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-29-2013, 08:42 AM
 
16,553 posts, read 11,495,718 times
Reputation: 4230

Advertisements

I'm asking this question because it seems either nobody wants to answer it or they can't. Think about this for a minute. DHS put out a new contract for bid to build a new, lightweight, easily concealable assault rifle. Why? The ONLY reason for concealing an assault rifle is for the element of surprise. Who do they plan on surprising? You're not going into a foreign country with an assault rifle under your jacket to wage war, you aren't protecting anything with a concealed weapon, you would want that out in the open as a show of force. The only reason? To use the element of surprise on American citizens.

https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&m...=core&_cview=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
27,554 posts, read 17,643,245 times
Reputation: 15630
That's been well known in the gun community for years. Why do EPA administrators, the Forest Service and the IRS also need guns? More specifically, why do they need the very assault rifles (yes, true "machine guns") prohibitted to the law abiding citizen? Most of these people can't operate a pencil safely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 08:59 AM
 
16,553 posts, read 11,495,718 times
Reputation: 4230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That's been well known in the gun community for years. Why do EPA administrators, the Forest Service and the IRS also need guns? More specifically, why do they need the very assault rifles (yes, true "machine guns") prohibitted to the law abiding citizen? Most of these people can't operate a pencil safely.
This concerns me. This got my tinfoil hat tightened up pretty good. There is absolutely NO reason at all to conceal an assault rifle unless you are trying to surprise people with it. The ONLY people this can be done to are Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Texas State Fair
8,566 posts, read 9,667,470 times
Reputation: 4228
Why does DHS need 7k concealable assault rifles?

??? Obama's Death Panels ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 09:30 AM
 
Location: Florida
63,052 posts, read 34,335,398 times
Reputation: 10466
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I'm asking this question because it seems either nobody wants to answer it or they can't. Think about this for a minute. DHS put out a new contract for bid to build a new, lightweight, easily concealable assault rifle. Why? The ONLY reason for concealing an assault rifle is for the element of surprise. Who do they plan on surprising? You're not going into a foreign country with an assault rifle under your jacket to wage war, you aren't protecting anything with a concealed weapon, you would want that out in the open as a show of force. The only reason? To use the element of surprise on American citizens.

https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&m...=core&_cview=0
Why arm the Law Enforcement like Border Patron and Coast Guard? So they can perfom their duties, and provide for homeland security.

It's amazing people have to ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 AM
 
14,920 posts, read 11,166,388 times
Reputation: 4828
Do you also get paranoid when our government orders weapons and armor for the military?

I thought the right-wingers on this board would be happy to see us outfitting immigration enforcement agents with weapons and body armor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 AM
 
10,164 posts, read 6,274,779 times
Reputation: 5742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why arm the Law Enforcement like Border Patron and Coast Guard? So they can perfom their duties, and provide for homeland security.

It's amazing people have to ask.
Rifles are one thing, but "concealable" rifles are another...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Florida
63,052 posts, read 34,335,398 times
Reputation: 10466
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Rifles are one thing, but "concealable" rifles are another...
If you think AR-15/M4/M16 is conceleable, then so be it. I don't agree, but if you say so.....

If they had ordered pistols, which are very conceleable, then this would be a huge story, wouldn't it? Following your logic, that is..... Personally I think the Coast Guard and Border Patrol can order more rifles if need be. After all, those are the rifles they have carried all along. The Coast Guard also carries the Sig Sauer P226, which is pure evil, and very conceleable. Me, I love the P226, and I think the USCG made an excellent choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 10:58 AM
 
16,553 posts, read 11,495,718 times
Reputation: 4230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you think AR-15/M4/M16 is conceleable, then so be it. I don't agree, but if you say so.....

If they had ordered pistols, which are very conceleable, then this would be a huge story, wouldn't it? Following your logic, that is..... Personally I think the Coast Guard and Border Patrol can order more rifles if need be. After all, those are the rifles they have carried all along. The Coast Guard also carries the Sig Sauer P226, which is pure evil, and very conceleable. Me, I love the P226, and I think the USCG made an excellent choice.
You are one in a long line of clueless people. Did you even read the contract that is out for bid? They want a NEW lightweight CONCEALABLE assault rifle built. Why the need for concealment???? There is only ONE reason for that and it's to be used against the American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2013, 10:59 AM
 
14,920 posts, read 11,166,388 times
Reputation: 4828
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You are one in a long line of clueless people. Did you even read the contract that is out for bid? They want a NEW lightweight CONCEALABLE assault rifle built. Why the need for concealment???? There is only ONE reason for that and it's to be used against the American people.
Why do you think our border patrol and ICE agents will be using these weapons against the American people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top