Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Read the rest of the quote - "Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense." Paul's right on that one.

I agree on this point. I heard earlier on CNN his friend being interviewed and how he talked the PTSD soldier into going to the firing range to blow off steam. I thought, wth? Blow off steam from PTSD by shooting at the fire range? That doesn't compute.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Gun range or combat, or even driving to work, he put his life out there in the service of Americans who couldn't or wouldn't. He deserves the respect from serving America, even from those who sit on their butts and complain online without spending a second actually doing anything at all to help anyone.

The more you type the more the VA needs to look at your mental health.
When you make stuff up and then defend it, there is a screw loose.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I agree on this point. I heard earlier on CNN his friend being interviewed and how he talked the PTSD soldier into going to the firing range to blow off steam. I thought, wth? Blow off steam from PTSD by shooting at the fire range? That doesn't compute.
It makes sense.

Someone that is hyper masculine trying to help someone with a mental illness that is also probably hyper masculine.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,094,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Not really the comments that need to be made about an American hero.
He did his job. Just because he was in the military doesn't automatically make him a hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Great. When are they going to disband the military so our service personel can stay home with their families and not put themselves in harms way for a government that does not seem to appreciate them?
Never...the military is made up of young people without direction and or money...most of them become lifers or at least stay for a very long time.

Quote:
He died for American freedoms, and Paul denigrates his sacrifice. What a monster who doesn't really care about those who are willing to pay the ultimate price to protect the freedoms he likes to rant about. Paul has never even tried to do the same.
That is such a cliche statement...that makes no sense for two reasons.

1) I don't know what world you are living in, but we are losing our freedoms.

2) He didn't die in activity duty...he died because he was foolish.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:18 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'd like to hear what Ron said in his own words and in context. But if it is portraid accurately, I have lost what respect I had left for the man.
It's a tweet. There is no context. It's just a few heartfelt words spewed without thinking.

That's the nature of tweets.

Ron Paul is a tweeting twit!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Gun range or combat, or even driving to work, he put his life out there in the service of Americans who couldn't or wouldn't. He deserves the respect from serving America, even from those who sit on their butts and complain online without spending a second actually doing anything at all to help anyone.
I didn't say he didn't deserve respect. You need to do a better job of separating your emotions from your thinking. What I said is that he didn't protect any American's freedoms on the battlefield in Iraq.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:21 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
i didn't say he didn't deserve respect. You need to do a better job of separating your emotions from your thinking. What i said is that he didn't protect any american's freedoms on the battlefield in iraq.
+1

Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,128 times
Quote:
Well . . . I wear a poppy in my lapel.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:26 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'd like to hear what Ron said in his own words and in context. But if it is portraid accurately, I have lost what respect I had left for the man.

Ron Paul: Chris Kyle Had It Coming

Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Paul never said anything remotely like your link title suggests.

“As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend’s violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies.” – Dr. Ron Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies