Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
Ron Paul is a ****ing idiot. Glad he didn't win. I wish we could have the other fool who exposed SEAL TEAM 6 and their names booted out as well.

Those men and their familes will have to watch their backs the rest of their lives now because of that idiot. Great job Barry.
Barry? What did he have to do with this?
Barry Manilow | Barry Manilow Picture #18411783 - 400 x 375 - FanPix.Net

Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Bad timing, poor judgement and bad taste on Ron Paul's part. He should have just offered his condolences to the family and left it at that.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:36 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The reality is we never hear from all of those idiots that supported going to war in Iraq based on nonsense.

If people like Mr. Paul would have been listened to those men probably would have avoided this fate.

Mr. Paul was one of the few Republicans that saw the disastrous Iraqi war for what it turned out to be a quagmire that has destroyed the lives of thousands.

See the idiots who supported and cheered on the Iraqi war, never take accountability for their support of that war. They never step back and say we supported and cheered on a war that accomplished nothing and was based on lies and that has destroyed the lives of thousands of American soldiers including the man that killed Mr. Kyle and Mr. Littlefield.

These idiots who were so wrong about the Iraqi war will be the loudest expressing their condemnation at Mr. Paul.

But in this case Mr. Paul has a clear conscience. He opposed the war and they supported it.

He was right and they were wrong, and in the grand scheme of things that makes them far more responsible for the deaths of those two men and all of those broken soldiers.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:46 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I've served the country.

He didn't die for anyone's freedom.

And neither has any other soldier in the last 60ish years... The last serious threat to our freedom was Nazi Germany.
They weren't a serious threat either until we decided to pick a fight.

"Communism" was never really poised to conquer the world either, but they came closer to it in the '70s than Nazi Germany ever did.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This should prove for good what an idiot Ron Paul is. There was no need for him to tweet such hurtful words.
Why do you hate the Bible? Are you a Muslim or something?

Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
That is such a cliche statement...that makes no sense for two reasons.

1) I don't know what world you are living in, but we are losing our freedoms.

2) He didn't die in activity duty...he died because he was foolish.
Three reasons.

3) The people whom he killed were not threatening us or our "freedoms."

Old 02-05-2013, 09:51 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The reality is we never hear from all of those idiots that supported going to war in Iraq based on nonsense.

If people like Mr. Paul would have been listened to those men probably would have avoided this fate.

Mr. Paul was one of the few Republicans that saw the disastrous Iraqi war for what it turned out to be a quagmire that has destroyed the lives of thousands.

See the idiots who supported and cheered on the Iraqi war, never take accountability for their support of that war. They never step back and say we supported and cheered on a war that accomplished nothing and was based on lies and that has destroyed the lives of thousands of American soldiers including the man that killed Mr. Kyle and Mr. Littlefield.

These idiots who were so wrong about the Iraqi war will be the loudest expressing their condemnation at Mr. Paul.

But in this case Mr. Paul has a clear conscience. He opposed the war and they supported it.

He was right and they were wrong, and in the grand scheme of things that makes them far more responsible for the deaths of those two men and all of those broken soldiers.
All of the above -

What an insensitive thing to say!

Ya know, if people would just stop saying what they mean, everyone would get along much better.

High School drama courses should be MANDATORY for obtaining a High School diploma.

There's way too much emphasis being put on math and science.

Stating the obvious is inflammatory and not helpful.

And yes, thespians should be allowed to marry.

Last edited by Statutory Ape; 02-05-2013 at 10:03 AM..

Old 02-05-2013, 09:57 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This should prove for good what an idiot Ron Paul is. There was no need for him to tweet such hurtful words. The man left a wife and 2 kids. If your kid dies violently, Ron, you foolish nutjob, I won't tweet that he deserved it because congress sucks.

What a waste of air that goofball is.
Only the hurted were "hurt".

Old 02-05-2013, 10:00 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Wow! Methinks Ron Paul is getting a little old and maybe onset of dementia. I have no problem with his statement but as even a FORMER politician and father of a son with lol ha ha ha Presidential Aspirations there is just some things you dont SAY IN FRIGGIN PUBLIC ON THE RECORD!!!
here's the thing-ron paul is honest.

do i think that "he who lives by the sword" line was appropriate right after the guy has been murdered? no, but i understand the rest of his statement, which is about treating PTSD at a gun range.

we don't know if that is what actually happened, since we only have media reports and no investigation yet (and we see how often they have been wrong with their initial conclusions), but, that said, it seems like it would be inappropriate to take a suffering vet to a gun range, and people react to information as it becomes available.

i have respect for dr. paul both as a physician and as a former serviceman, and it seems that a lot of the people who are trying to *****-slap dr. paul have never been either.

and honesty doesn't seem very popular in america anymore.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
I apologize for Ron Paul not being politically correct enough for the pussified crowd here. The man tells it like he sees it.
My dad told it like he sees it and I tell it like I see it.

The man was a great shot and an asset to our armed forces, he did what he was told to do and did it well.
Now, he took it upon himself to treat a mental patient. His judgement was not as well as it should have been. #1 rule of survival on this earth, is to never let your guard down.
Who in their right mind, puts a gun in the hand of someone with known mental illness? This is the point that Ron Paul is making and I understand exactly where he is coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies