Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 07:11 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
What is the probelm? Why if a group of people find a man that was willing to give his life to something that he believed in they are considered to be sick? There are whites that are still worshiping hitler who was responsible for killing millions, hell there are whites that are still celebrating the racist south when a complete race of people were completly enslaved. Nat Turner also killed "innocent" people but is considered to be a hero, don't get it twisted I'm not comparing Mr. Dorner to him but understand the context of what he attempted to do. There are other blacks and Latinos that see what he seen everyday but remain silent and at worst went along and participated in those illegal activities. I wonder how they feel? Especially knowing that would be their end even if they stood up against it in a non-violent way but yet have to see this everyday.

Granted blacks as people in general do not support WHAT he did but they do support the fact that he stood up against a extremely racist environment that he had no way of winning

I think people who worship Hitler and the racist south are sick in the head too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 07:12 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There are alot of things wrong with our justice system in this nation. Many of our drug laws are part of the problem. The way some things have worked is a problem. I would also agree that going on a shooting rampage is not the way to solve it.

They absolutely are a huge problem! But the war on drugs is big business for the black market, and the prison industrial complex!

Old 02-15-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepsis View Post
Chicago government? Still a criminal, eh?

That was really rude and uncalled for.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:15 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Taking someone's life for other than self defense or defense of your family is not exactly the way to go about it! However; I understand what you're saying. As I mentioned in a previous thread when I was let go from a previous employer in which I had 7 1/2 years invested in, don't think the thought crossed my mind that I didn't want to go break a foot off in that manager's a**. But again my cooler head prevailed. I mean, think about it? So, now I assault the guy? Then what? Go to prison? It's not worth it. Life goes on. Now, let's say the guy raped my wife, or a female family member..... well... obviously then he'd better pray that the cops find him before I would.
For some people getting fired is no big deal and they find another job in no time. For others it's tantamount to life ending. A lot of Japanese jump to their death after getting fired. For most people it's in between. It's up to the individual person what his recourse will be. Like I said, you don't always have to kill someone to ruin his life.

Being fired from an individual job is not a problem though. Being convicted of a felony and having that interfere with everything from jobs to what you can and cannot legally do is very much a life ruiner. If they did it for drugs, only the more reason to ruin some of their lives.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:17 AM

@no1brownsfan and @green_mariner:

This is an interesting article about drug laws.

The Drug Laws That Changed How We Punish : NPR

Old 02-15-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
It matters not what he's convicted for. His life is ruined. His only recourse is to lash out on the people who ruined his life. Sometimes when people make your life a misery, making their life a misery, helps you out of your misery.

Anyways, for serious felonies he'll probably be in prison for a long time. For things like sale of drugs, then he'll be in and out. This is where someone should retaliate as selling drugs is not a moral failing to be convicted and sentenced to a felony.

Yes all actions have reactions. Including the actions of judges and police.

So criminals are only the victims of a corrupt justice system? Criminals don't really do anything wrong? They are the meek among our population? Come on. I'm a bleeding heart leftist who supports rehabilitation over incarceration and even I think you are way out in left field here.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
They absolutely are a huge problem! But the war on drugs is big business for the black market, and the prison industrial complex!

YES. Great post!

Old 02-15-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Funny that with all this talk of having to do something about gun violence, nothing is ever said about getting nuts like this guy off the streets and limit HIS access to guns. Lefties want to grab guns, but are coming out of the woodwork to defend this psycho. He's a classic example of someone that should have been caught early as a risk.
W.T.F. are you talking about????

Old 02-15-2013, 07:25 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
So criminals are only the victims of a corrupt justice system? Criminals don't really do anything wrong? They are the meek among our population? Come on. I'm a bleeding heart leftist who supports rehabilitation over incarceration and even I think you are way out in left field here.
What I'm saying is very simple:

If you're convicted of a felony because you sold drugs and now can't make a living or have the life you want, the people who arrested you and convicted you and sentenced you are responsible. Selling drugs does not deserve jail time, a record, or pretty much any consequence from the "law." This is the case of the "law" robbing someone of his or her civil rights.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
What I'm saying is very simple:

If you're convicted of a felony because you sold drugs and now can't make a living or have the life you want, the people who arrested you and convicted you and sentenced you are responsible.

No, if I sell drugs and I am caught I am responsible for my own actions. I know that it is against the law, I know I could be incarcerated. I chose to sell drugs illegally. All my responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies