Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 09:31 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is a big difference between political correctness and complete lunacy.
There is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 09:34 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Actually, he is getting an awful lot of support from whites here.

Obviously, we don't know for sure what color everyone is (or what sex, for that matter) when we're posting on an anonymous message board, but there are a handful of very vocal supporters of Dorner right on this thread who we KNOW are white.

So, please take your generalizing elsewhere because it's just not the case.
That is what I've seen on this forum. However, I knew that this shooting might be used as an excuse to express rage towards the Black population.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:38 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
It is only natural that people who have been victimized or bullied by LEO are going to view the actions of Dorner with more forgiveness than people who have not. LEO nationwide have abused the power entrusted to them and in many cases hold themselves above the law we employ them to uphold.
Without passing judgment on the morality of his actions, you do have to admit he definitely accomplished what he set out to do. His mission was to strike fear and terror into the hearts of every LEO in the state and he did that. He understood tactics and used them effectively.
I wish I could say that the support he receives would encourage LEO to reconsider their problems with the hatred and resentment many Citizens feel against LEO's but I doubt seriously if that will be the case. They will instead continue to bully and to victimize the public and then fail to understand why people like Dorner, and McVey gain folk hero status.
As of last night the News was still talking as if the body had not been IDed....

What if the cops have fried the wrong guy after all and Dorner is still on the loose? That could get interesting...

So far we have No evidence Dorner did any thing... For all i know LAPD killed 3 of their own and wounded one more, plus shot up 2 trucks shot at 3 citizens hitting 2, and burned down a cabin ON PURPOSE with somebody inside and now they have 3 wallets supposedly all belonging to Dorner.

NOW all I ever wanted was corruption to be cleaned up, but I see now that is asking way too much.

So if we are going to accept police corruption, can we all play? So far while i have been abused by police I have not lied....

Can I lie now then? That's will be fine right? I can I beat up people too? Just say they slipped and fell?

Old 02-15-2013, 10:01 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
As of last night the News was still talking as if the body had not been IDed....

What if the cops have fried the wrong guy after all and Dorner is still on the loose? That could get interesting...

So far we have No evidence Dorner did any thing... For all i know LAPD killed 3 of their own and wounded one more, plus shot up 2 trucks shot at 3 citizens hitting 2, and burned down a cabin ON PURPOSE with somebody inside and now they have 3 wallets supposedly all belonging to Dorner.

NOW all I ever wanted was corruption to be cleaned up, but I see now that is asking way too much.

So if we are going to accept police corruption, can we all play? So far while i have been abused by police I have not lied....

Can I lie now then? That's will be fine right? I can I beat up people too? Just say they slipped and fell?
Why were dressed up like a Native American, in your other pictures?

Old 02-15-2013, 10:06 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I said when this story broke that black folks would make him Django. I find it comical Black posters on here are adamantly denying what everyone can see for themselves, Blacks supporting and sympathizing for a murderer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
It's appalling really. And those blacks who don't support him aren't being vocal enough about it
Nice try...

Racist much???

Old 02-15-2013, 10:19 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
What "lefties" are defending him?

I'm about as "left" as you can get and I see nothing - NOTHING - honorable or admirable in what this guy did.

Please make a list of the "lefties" who are defending him so I can "un friend" them.

In fact, I see far more on the far right practically calling him a martyr and saying he was justified - the same people who scream and rant about abortion being "murder."

I'm left on Social, right on fiscal.. . .and I agree with the above

The only defenders of Dorner seem to be the "Counter Narrative" nutsos who believe that every thing that happens in this country is part of some elaborate plan to take your women, guns, or send you to a camp under Denver airport.

These people seem to not be "left" or "right". Just because this nutso (Dorner) voted for Obama, doesn't mean anyone on the left supports him.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:39 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
The "law" cannot just make "laws" and "consequences" for them arbitrarily. They can't just say if you park in a handicapped spot, that's punishable with execution (to use an extreme example). Well, in actuality they can and they do but they should be met with deadly force in response.

The only laws worth following are moral ones. When people try to enforce immoral laws they should be done away with it.
Yes, the government can make laws with the consent of the people!

Old 02-15-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post

True. But personally I find the war on drugs an immoral war.

As do I. But knowing it's against the law and taking that risk is a person's individual decision. But yes, the whole drug war is ludicrous, expensive and unjust.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, the government can make laws with the consent of the people!
Yes, that is the way it should be, but it isn't always that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
As do I. But knowing it's against the law and taking that risk is a person's individual decision. But yes, the whole drug war is ludicrous, expensive and unjust.

Indeed.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I hope you are being serious and telling your truth...... That you really are a officer who has seen the bad side of LEO.

But I can't tell ........ Probably you are just mocking me out and i don't know it yet since i can't see that smug look on your face.

The day I placed a strap dress on the NH State Troopers chest at a school where for a month I was paper contracted to do a living history demo, which happened to be the same day a Columbine, something i had never heard of, the smug smirk went away instantly as I accomplished that.

I would have to say the vast majority has never placed a red and blue hand made strap dress on a troopers chest either.. The other 11 were very glad I didn't do that to them.

I will admit, that at times like that I stand up for what I am about for better or worse.

You see what i should have done was LEAVE and SUE for Breech of Contract, and discover which SHEEP blew me in.

That contract was MY standard contract not the schools. That contract made school authorities inform the police.

Then because the Police are too high and mighty to call some peasant like me back, to say the school made contact and tell me they know i will be attending a school on a given day and won't SHOOT me, it turns out I must call the police to confirm.

It's a good bet the vast vast majority have never done a living history event at a public school, private camp for a public school, library, and or even old age nursing home either.

I doubt a vast majority even have hand made Buck Skin clothing to wear.

Let me tell you! This guy leaning on that tree with a few knives, a couple hawks, and a Nor' West Gun, with a camp set up out of the picture, teaching primitive skill sets, surpassing anything the mundane can learn inside a cubical is one BAD Hombre

So are you or are you not mocking me out............
Is that you?? Neat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies