Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 01:47 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Let's hope not.
What does that have to do with anything with this thread? Stay on topic, please.

Whether or not I'm a dad is none of your business nor is it any concern of yours whether or not I decide to keep my children out of the BSA for teaching discrimination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No. Homosexual behavior is legal under US law, just as the murder of unborn children is legal. Both are sins to God.
You do understand that not everyone falls under the tenants of religion, yes? That being said what does your god have to do with MY secular government?

Also, considering I'm agnostic, what gives you the right to attempt to force me to follow your religious rules? I don't believe in your god, so the whole "it's a sin" thing is going in one ear and out the other.

Try coming up with a secular argument - you'll have more success that way.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:44 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
You do understand that not everyone falls under the tenants of religion, yes? That being said what does your god have to do with MY secular government?

Also, considering I'm agnostic, what gives you the right to attempt to force me to follow your religious rules? I don't believe in your god, so the whole "it's a sin" thing is going in one ear and out the other.
What gives you or anyone right to force your "beliefs" and your sexually "different" child, onto anyone else?

Why should people or organizations have to throw away their values for an EXTREME minority?

It seems as if the pro gay people are saying
"FORGET YOUR VALES."
"OURS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT MATTER."

Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
What gives you or anyone right to force your "beliefs" and your sexually "different" child, onto anyone else?

Why should people or organizations have to throw away their values for an EXTREME minority?

"FORGET YOUR VALES."
An extreme minority? There are more open gays than Jews and Muslims combined. Open gays are about the same percentage of the population as Asians. If you factor in closeted gays and bisexuals, you're looking at a larger segment of the population than blacks.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I'm not forcing anything on my child...because I don't have one nor am I forcing my beliefs onto anyone else.

Quote:
Why would you throw away your values for anything? If you throw them away, were they really that valuable?

Quote:
"FORGET YOUR VALUES."
Funny how you can replace "pro gay people" with "pro religious people" and it'll have the same meaning.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I'm not forcing anything on my child...because I don't have one nor am I forcing my beliefs onto anyone else.

Why would you throw away your values for anything? If you throw them away, were they really that valuable?

Funny how you can replace "pro gay people" with "pro religious people" and it'll have the same meaning.
What if it's just something that people fundamentally disagree with. Maybe it's something that some feel is unnatural and immoral? Not necessarily a "religious thing".
Funny how you people keep bringing up religion. It you don't believe in god. bla blah blah. Good for you that's your right. You don't have to bring it up like you are a teen, playing on the internet when mommies not home.

Last edited by Jermaine88; 02-11-2013 at 07:24 PM..

Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
What if it just something that people fundamentally disagree with. Maybe it's something that some feel is unnatural and immoral? Not neccesarily a "religious thing".
Funny how you people keep bringing up religion. It you don't believe in god. bla blah blah. Good for you that's your right. You don't have to bring it up like you are a teen, playing on the internet when mommies not home.
You seem to be whining and crying a lot. I wonder why that is? Do you have something against equality in America? Do you forget that we live in the home of the free and not the home of free if you meet the requisites?

Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
What if it's just something that people fundamentally disagree with. Maybe it's something that some feel is unnatural and immoral?
People who think that are not well educated or very bright. For starters, they haven't the foggiest clue what the word "unnatural" means.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
People who think that are not well educated or very bright. For starters, they haven't the foggiest clue what the word "unnatural" means.
I think people have a idea of whats natural and whats not. Certain people choose to twist the definition though.

Can two Males make a child?
Can a Man give birth?

Comparisons to animals begin in...3..2...1...

Last edited by Jermaine88; 02-11-2013 at 09:39 PM..

Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
I think people have a idea of whats natural and whats not. Certain people choose to twist the definition though.

Can two Males make a child?
Can a Man give birth?

Comparisons to animals begin in...3..2...1...
What does making babies have to do with a sexual orientation being natural? I'm not going to bring up animals (even though it would be relevant), but I am going to suggest you pick up a biology book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies