Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 11:06 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,549,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Every statement about SNL written in this thread after I brought it up is about how SNL is racist because they rarely hire black female talent.

If I am wrong please point to the post where SNL hiring of blacks is mentioned without the implication that the lack of black talent on the show is due to racism.

Here is the deal. This is a country owned by white men, run mainly my white men, for the benefit of whites. Whiteness is considered the norm, so most whites do not even consider that there are those who look, or who might think differently.

Many talk about color blind, when they actually mean blind of color, because in their eyes a normal world only has whites, or maybe a token non white a two playing peripheral roles. This is the world live din by most whites, conservative, moderate or liberal. The USA remains one of the most socially segregated countries in the world as many from Latin America, the UK and Canada will happily tell you.

So SNL has a mainly white cast even though its based in a city where whites are only 35% of the population. Yes a mainly white cast screaming "LIVE FROM NEW YORK".

Does one have to be a racist to think like this? No. Because there is an entire institutional culture which leads to a level of blindness when it comes to diversity.

This is why people have to constantly talk about the need for diversity and even Condi Rice, who is hardly a black militant will tell you this, and add that she is a beneficiary of it, and of course quite competent at most of what she has done (OK she worked for an idiot president so cut her some slack).

SNL not hiring blacks doesn't mean that it is a racist show. FOX TV spends all day trying to rile up Angry White Men like you, and they even get a few blacks to help them. For major fees of course. Please don't say that FOX isn't racist because any one who knows the history of the Middle East knows that Jesus could NOT have been white. He would have looked exactly like the people who FOX TV thinks should be stripped and searched before they board a plane.

This is all complicated for a simple Angry White Man like you but try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Um, did I say that corporations ONLY recruit blacks?

What?!?

Moving the goalposts now?

You cited the fact that colleges recruit, implying that they were giving priority to blacks. No YOU are trying to change the goal post now.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry. When I read this:

I thought that had to be a joke.

So Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and other "African-American leaders" haven't been telling white people what their issue should be for, oh, 40 years now??

And you call every one of my posts a joke?

By the way, I never wrote what black people's concerns SHOULD be.

I merely wondered why with a black teen being slaughtered by another black teen in Chicago on a nearly nightly basis the number of black comedians on a tired comedy show would be something to rally the "community" around. You still haven't answered that one.

the day that you stop watching FOX TV and actually LISTENED to what we had to say you might learn something about blacks.

Now no black person elected either of these men to any position. In fact its the WHITE media who have crowned these men as black leaders, and they have profited handsomely from it.

And I wonder why you think that black thugs are going to listen to two black comedians, or if you don't think that there haven't been ample community organizations trying to reduce black crime and under achievement.

Google "Eagle Academy" for an example of this.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:45 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,550,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Do you think that Forbes magazine is into myth making of this type? Why will they do this given who reads their publications? They did also present data which should lead you to query if indeed there is a problem.

This is why I picked this source and not one like Huffington, which you would argue is anti Corporate America.

Even if Jesus Christ himself told you that you would still not believe because it makes a lie of your world where the "poor" white man is the victim, even in a world dominated 90% by white men.

If non affluent white men have problems, and I agree that many do, as do most of the rest of us, they should challenge the system and stop cow towing to the super affluent white males like the Koch brothers who didn't care the least about their plight.
If you are going to debate then please stop making stuff up when you are losing the debate.

I've never called the "white man" a victim.

I also don't know what the "Koch brothers" have to do with anything.

A magazine article isn't data...its just a magazine article.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Can you cite evidence that millions of black people are patrolling the streets screaming that SNL must hire a black woman? Or indeed whether The Bachelor should be black. The only people I have heard complaining are Hispanics. Not because of the Bachelors show itself, but because selecting a white Hispanic is another message to non white Hispanics that they are not worthy and they level that charge to Hispanic media as well.

Let me let you into a secret. 40 million black people aren't going to meet up for breakfast at 7 AM to discuss what to do or say in order to ensure that we are a monolith. The Bachelor example was to let you know that Corporate America doesn't care the slightest about balanced hiring, even when there is sopme bad media about a specific incident.
You don't have to look further than this very thread if you want to see whining about whites not hiring blacks. I don't need "millions of black people patrolling the streets screaming"...I can just flip on MSNBC or CNN or BET News any time of the day or night for that.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Here is the deal. This is a country owned by white men, run mainly my white men, for the benefit of whites. Whiteness is considered the norm, so most whites do not even consider that there are those who look, or who might think differently.

Many talk about color blind, when they actually mean blind of color, because in their eyes a normal world only has whites, or maybe a token non white a two playing peripheral roles. This is the world live din by most whites, conservative, moderate or liberal. The USA remains one of the most socially segregated countries in the world as many from Latin America, the UK and Canada will happily tell you.

So SNL has a mainly white cast even though its based in a city where whites are only 35% of the population. Yes a mainly white cast screaming "LIVE FROM NEW YORK".

Does one have to be a racist to think like this? No. Because there is an entire institutional culture which leads to a level of blindness when it comes to diversity.

This is why people have to constantly talk about the need for diversity and even Condi Rice, who is hardly a black militant will tell you this, and add that she is a beneficiary of it, and of course quite competent at most of what she has done (OK she worked for an idiot president so cut her some slack).

SNL not hiring blacks doesn't mean that it is a racist show. FOX TV spends all day trying to rile up Angry White Men like you, and they even get a few blacks to help them. For major fees of course. Please don't say that FOX isn't racist because any one who knows the history of the Middle East knows that Jesus could NOT have been white. He would have looked exactly like the people who FOX TV thinks should be stripped and searched before they board a plane.

This is all complicated for a simple Angry White Man like you but try.
You know just when I think we can actually have a dialogue you go and ruin it with a racist post such as this.

I doubt you can recognize the irony of using racist stereotypes to whine about imagined anti-black racism (especially in the first paragraph of your post).

I am not an angry white man and Fox News is just another loud and annoying channel on my tuner but you go ahead and keep punching those imaginary, evil white men of your dreams and I'll go on judging people by the content of their character (and forum posts) and NOT by the color of their skin.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
You cited the fact that colleges recruit, implying that they were giving priority to blacks. No YOU are trying to change the goal post now.
I mentioned nothing of racial priorities in hiring. I simply said that corporations make a specific effort to recruit from HBCUs TOO. Of course this has nothing to do with their efforts to recruit from other sources.

I never said that a corporation recruits blacks INSTEAD OF students of another race.

Your biases are showing in this thread.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:59 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,838,335 times
Somebody else is offended by something? Naw, I don't believe that!

Old 01-13-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
the day that you stop watching FOX TV and actually LISTENED to what we had to say you might learn something about blacks.

Now no black person elected either of these men to any position. In fact its the WHITE media who have crowned these men as black leaders, and they have profited handsomely from it.

And I wonder why you think that black thugs are going to listen to two black comedians, or if you don't think that there haven't been ample community organizations trying to reduce black crime and under achievement.

Google "Eagle Academy" for an example of this.
So the "white media" forces hundreds and sometimes thousands of blacks to attend rallies, speeches and assemblies led by Jackson and Sharpton...for decades?

...and to cheer them on?

Man...what actions in the black community AREN'T ultimately the fault of the white man? Geez.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
If you are going to debate then please stop making stuff up when you are losing the debate.

I've never called the "white man" a victim.

I also don't know what the "Koch brothers" have to do with anything.

A magazine article isn't data...its just a magazine article.
Are you debating?" Now think seriously.

Why dont you seriously analyze where Forbes magazine is wrong as they cited data and thet are regarded as being a credible magazine? Because they report something that doesnt suit your agenda you reject it, but provide no other evidence.

Forbes magazine, isnt a blog. If you think that they are wrong I am sure that they will appreciate hearing from you.

Go ahead and forward credible data to them, before accusing them of peddling untruths.

The fact that you imply that I made up facts when I offered Forbes as evidence shows that you are a joker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies