Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 01:21 PM

25,834 posts, read 20,774,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
According to this study that no liberal on this board can probably refute, 28.5% of men are victims of domestic violence, and 35.6% of women are victims.

http://www.cdc.gov/violencepreventio...port2010-a.pdf

What do liberals think about this (other than laughter)? And do any liberals on this board believe that maybe violence against males in relationships might be a bit of a problem too, or are males not easy enough to corral into one of your group think experiments and promote a victim mentality that you can then draw votes from?

You said it never happened to males, and it almost happens to as many males as females. Where's the outrage liberals? Here's the answer to that question: there is no outrage because there are no votes or money to be siphoned from it.
I think this is terrible. All victims of abuse should be treated equally.

And, I've never seen any self-professed liberal state that men are never abused.

It is impossible to argue that, historically, women have NOT been abused to a much greater degree by spouses, fathers, brothers, etc. than have men by their wives and relations. It has been systemic abuse, condoned by church and government alike. To argue otherwise is sheer lunacy.

And, accepting this fact does not in any way lessen the regard for those men who have also been abused.
Why everything has to be a binary argument is simply beyond me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 01:25 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,478,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
SMH. Why are you trying to make this a liberal vs. conservative issue?
It's not really a liberal vs conservative issue. But it is a liberal vs honesty issue. Because it is the Democrat side that pushes for women's issues, and domestic violence has been politicized as a women's issue. And doing so requires marginalizing the men who are victims of it. You can't use identity politics based on gender on an issue that affects both genders. You need an identifiable group to label as the victims in order to create a voting bloc.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:46 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,643,721 times
Not a liberal but have known this. Male domestic violence way under-reported. Part of the reason, men don't think people will take them seriously/will do anything for them. This was proved out in one case I was involved in where I tried to get help for the male victim from local domestic abuse agency and they said they could not help because it might be a "conflict of interest" even though the female was the perpetrator and was not harmed.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:26 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,702,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
SMH. Why are you trying to make this a liberal vs. conservative issue?
One of the reasons I rarely engage in any conversation in this forum. It's never about the problem. It's just 2 sides taking shots at one another. Usely in an absurd manner. I present to you,. Exhibit A.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:36 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,996,937 times
I'm waiting for a study to be published that states that 21% of all males masturbate their pet dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies