Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 09:15 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck 1952r View Post
It is so stupid we even have to debate this. People on welfare are supposed be the be suffering not us right?. I mean I have never taken welfare a day in my life I work hard everyday but I don't get to eat that way. Welfare is just used as a ploy to be lazy and live life easy. No job no problem you can live life better on welfare.
Just because you hear that a few people who use an EBT card to get somewhat expensive food you think that their lives are easy? Unless you actually lived with someone who is on welfare there is nothing that you can say that can make any difference to anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 09:17 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Just because you hear that a few people who use an EBT card to get somewhat expensive food you think that their lives are easy? Unless you actually lived with someone who is on welfare there is nothing that you can say that can make any difference to anyone.
Doesn't matter. Luxury items should be prohibited.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck 1952r View Post
You always seem to make me laugh with your typical communist post!.I didn't build my company though I have worked there 37 years. It seems that those welfare puppies never actually get jobs so that counts for about 40 percent of the left wing being moochers. Yes some left wing nuts have jobs. I mean really you libbies really need to get out into the real world. Really you do but why would you guys care? I mean to be liberal you either have to be on welfare or make over 250k. A year.
Has it ever occurred to you that those "welfare moochers" are the ones that actually keep alot of companies afloat. Poor people are the ones that CONSTANTLY spend money, mainly because they do not make enough to save and do not know how to invest money which puts money in the bankers hands. The bankers have figured this out a long time ago, so they get their money from the usage of the EBT cards

Old 02-22-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Has it ever occurred to you that those "welfare moochers" are the ones that actually keep alot of companies afloat. Poor people are the ones that CONSTANTLY spend money, mainly because they do not make enough to save and do not know how to invest money which puts money in the bankers hands. The bankers have figured this out a long time ago, so they get their money from the usage of the EBT cards
Huh?

Its the taxpayer who put money on those cards that keep those businesses afloat. Not the moocher.

EBT support less businesses than it "supports".

Old 02-22-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Doesn't matter. Luxury items should be prohibited.
Who are you to determine what anyone can buy with their money
Will you tell bankers who get their money illegally how big they can build their houses?

Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
who are you to determine what anyone can buy with their money
Will you tell bankers who get their money illegally how big they can build their houses?
ITS NOT THEIR MONEY!!!!

It's the taxpayer's!!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,211,931 times
Default Is It Fair For People On Food Stamps To Buy Prime Rib And Lobster While Working Families Barely Survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Is It Fair For People On Food Stamps To Buy Prime Rib And Lobster While Working Families Barely Survive?
For the liberal looking for equality, they too can have food stamps - and prime rib and lobster.

And a cell phone and an electric car.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Huh?

Its the taxpayer who put money on those cards that keep those businesses afloat. Not the moocher.

EBT support less businesses than it "supports".

How do you know if those cards have "welfare money" or child support money? EBT cards support the banks and apparently you don't know who the food stamp program supports besides the user.
Profits from Poverty: How Food Stamps Benefit Corporations

Marion Nestle on The (Big) Business of Food Stamps ...

Now how well would these companies do without poor people?

Old 02-22-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
ITS NOT THEIR MONEY!!!!

It's the taxpayer's!!
What about those who worked all of their lives and lose their jobs or are forced to retire and cannot get a job because of those "job creators" who moved their companies overseas for cheaper labor. I guess they deserve to be on food stamps huh?

Old 02-22-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
How do you know if those cards have "welfare money" or child support money? EBT cards support the banks and apparently you don't know who the food stamp program supports besides the user.
Profits from Poverty: How Food Stamps Benefit Corporations

Marion Nestle on The (Big) Business of Food Stamps ...

Now how well would these companies do without poor people?
Where do those profits come from? THE TAXPAYER.

They would do just fine. Always have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies