Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2013, 07:07 PM

26 posts, read 20,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
Why don't you project your anger on the ponzi schemers and dishonest people on the top? I don't deny there are people who leech benefits, but I'd say there's at least as many who genuinely need them, and nobody can know for sure if they need them or not unless they have lived in their shoes.
You sad sad man. You really act like their are more people on the top scaming than the bottom?well that is a true joke. I once saw a lady in walmart she had a link card and had a 400 dollar purchase of all kinds of steaks fish and great foods. Stuff that most people on a normal budget sure can not afford.so it's not a un ordinary thing like that to happen. Its just a laugh if you think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 07:37 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Anyone who doesn't like the government should get on food stamps/welfare and abuse the system as much as they can. The more we leech, the faster it dies.
Does that mean you're going to? Let us know in advance.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:38 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Does that mean you're going to? Let us know in advance.
Unfortunately I'm forbidden.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately I'm forbidden.
You alluded to it being possible, so why don't you proceed as you stated you would?

Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You alluded to it being possible, so why don't you proceed as you stated you would?
I can't abuse a system that won't give me money. If you can think of ways that I can get free money please PM me.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I can't abuse a system that won't give me money. If you can think of ways that I can get free money please PM me.
Ah, so it's very difficult to get welfare funds then?

You know, Zombie, you must be one of the people on the Most Popular list with the NSA. lol

Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck 1952r View Post
You sad sad man. You really act like their are more people on the top scaming than the bottom?well that is a true joke. I once saw a lady in walmart she had a link card and had a 400 dollar purchase of all kinds of steaks fish and great foods. Stuff that most people on a normal budget sure can not afford.so it's not a un ordinary thing like that to happen. Its just a laugh if you think so.
Could it be possible that she was getting child support? Of course you cannot possibly know this but your story is nice to pass along

Old 02-21-2013, 08:36 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,885,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Could it be possible that she was getting child support? Of course you cannot possibly know this but your story is nice to pass along
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe child support counts as 'earned income' for both tax and benefit eligibility purposes.

That said, food stamps are much more tightly asset tested (you have to be near broke - $2,000 in countable assets max, excluding only the value of your home, the present value of your pension (if any), and in some states (but not all) your car) than income tested, and the income tests relax as family size grows. It's 130% of Federal Poverty Level I believe -- fairly low but a lot less restrictive than the asset test.

If you suddenly lose your job, or are in a couple where someone loses their job, based on hard times/bad luck, but have been responsible with your savings, the government basically gives you the middle finger and wants you to go broke first. If you chronically can't get yourself together, then Uncle Sam's ready with a handout.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:39 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,552,830 times
Quote:
Only a coward of a man calls the police on anyone, especially an elderly woman.
Read what I wrote again, it's clear. Did I say she was elder? Did I call Police? This is how the gay media reports lies.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Read what I wrote again, it's clear. Did I say she was elder? Did I call Police? This is how the gay media reports lies.
Whatever you did, you tattled like a whiny elementary school girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies