Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2013, 01:06 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,744,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I don't know why Jean and the OP are holding out on us. The OP claimed people on food stamps eat nothing but steak and lobster tails so obviously, since they get $1.50 per meal, they must know a place where you can buy steak and lobster tail for $1.50 total. Not even Vegas has that kind of bargain so, come on, tell us where this magical place is. I want to get in on the action!
I wish they'd tell us. I'd love to be able to eat steak and lobster tails every day on my salary. I don't make a bad salary at all, don't get me wrong, but hey, if I can earn less, be lazy, AND eat better, point the way!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 01:25 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,920,569 times
They must just want all that all you can eat steak and lobster deals for $1.50 for themselves.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:26 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,583,295 times
Quote:
Which grocery store do you work at? I ask because I want to know where you can buy those steaks which cost $1.50 each.

Where is steaks mentioned for a $1.50??

Old 03-23-2013, 01:30 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,583,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Not at all. It comes down to how mismanaged and chaotic this country was made by deregulation, giving the rich and their corporations perks which impoverished the U.S. Treasury, and the non-stop, constant propaganda blaming those who did not create this disaster (the poor, Unions, Democratic rather than Republican ideology), all courtesy of the right wing. You can thank them for the condition of this country today. 30+ years of this BS finally had the effect they were seeking.
Whats not at all?
If so, why hasn't Obama fixed it?

Last edited by Jean71; 03-23-2013 at 01:55 PM..

Old 03-23-2013, 01:35 PM

797 posts, read 1,346,496 times
If you can't afford to provide your family with the necessity of food you should be monitored !

Old 03-23-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Whats not at all?
If so, why hasn't Obama fixed it?
First, President Obama doesn't have a magic wand whereby he can fix the mess it took premeditated and conscious destruction of the economy by applying laissez-faire and Republican ideology over 30+ years. If he did, he'd have waved it, and voila! Instant fix! Second, the Repukes have not disappeared. They're still there, digging their heels, wanting more and more of the laissez-faire, Republican ideology applied that has turned our country into one chaotic mess. They like what it's done to our country, so hey, why not have MORE of it? So they refuse to deal, refuse to budge, refuse to talk, refuse to anything. They just want total destruction.

Maybe I should write President Obama a letter and tell him right wingnuts want him to fix their 30+ years of mess in a couple of years, AND with total resistance from the wingnuts. Hey, maybe David Copperfield might have some tricks up his sleeve to fix this Republican mess asap?

Old 03-23-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Where is steaks mentioned for a $1.50??
I don't know, I kinda thought the welfare check was quite a bit less than I made per year, and hell, I can't afford steaks and lobsters daily. Maybe I'd make more if I got on welfare?!?!

Old 03-23-2013, 01:37 PM

797 posts, read 1,346,496 times
When you are sucking on the welfare teat you shouldn't be enjoying luxuries.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:39 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,920,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I don't know, I kinda thought the welfare check was quite a bit less than I made per year, and hell, I can't afford steaks and lobsters daily. Maybe I'd make more if I got on welfare?!?!
Not just daily but three meals per day according to the OP. Nothing but steak and lobster.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Not just daily but three meals per day according to the OP. Nothing but steak and lobster.
THREE luxury meals? OMFG. I seriously need to get on welfare!!!!!! What am I wasting my time working for, when I could be having Beluga Caviar, Devon Crab, white truffles, and all the rest of those yummy delectable treats?!? WHERE DO I SIGN UP? Get me those forms!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies