Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 01:05 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,421,148 times

Advertisements

Clinton was a great president; George W Bush was a historically bad one.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:18 AM

603 posts, read 877,916 times
Well the '90s were the last time America was truly a strong country and the leader of the world. George W. Bush was a disaster and Obama looks to be an even bigger disaster.

Many of Clinton's policies have come back to bite us (e.g. NAFTA, repealing Glass-Steagall, etc.) and he did demean the office with the whole Lewinsky thing. That was truly a slap on the face of the American people and hurt the country's reputation. I still can't believe the President of the greatest country in the world (at the time at least) did that.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:30 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think he was the last better than average one we had.
I agree with this.

I think the last great president was Eisenhower.

ETA: I think people feel that JFK was great because he was assassinated so has the prestige of "what if." In that case, I feel if RFK hadn't been assassinated he would have been a great president. I don't think that Reagan was a great president. I think he along with all his followers contributed more harm than good in American policy in regards to favoring lobbyist over true public service.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:17 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Cat View Post
I think Eisenhower was the last great US president. He'd be a Democrat if he was alive today.
LMAO, yeah right!

Old 02-06-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Clinton was worse than Obama. The slimiest politician.
Totally disagree. Clinton had a much better economy, the unemployment rate was below 5%, which is considered full employment. We weren't in a continual state of war. Clinton may not have been a great president, but he was much better than the last two clowns to hold the office(Bush II, and Obama). I'm no democrat/liberal but I would take the Clinton years in a heart beat over what we've had the last 13 years.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
The last two good/great Presidents of the United States who exercised the real authority of the office in their own persons were General Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower and John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

The day J.F.K. was killed the office was effectively turned into an empty suit who does the bidding of "them" or the powers that be. Both President Eisenhower and President Kennedy made speeches warning the American public about our current predicament.

I get tired of the revisonist history when it comes to Kennedy. The guy wasn't President long enough to be considered "great". And the things he did do while in office weren't all that great. 1. Bothcing the Bay of Pigs, 2. Almost starting WW3/nuclear war with the soviets, 3. Getting us involved in Vietnam. And oh yeah, people always bring up Clintons sex scandals, go look up JFK sexcapades along with the rest of his scum bag family.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:41 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Clinton was a great president; George W Bush was a historically bad one.
Yeah but what would Bill Clinton have done after 9/11?

Old 02-06-2014, 10:47 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,659,259 times
I find it pathetic people think getting a blow job at work was so bad? Really??? What about all of your state officials , mayors, governors , and other government entities??? All the drugs , money laundering , sex abuse, paid hooked etc. Too much stupid in this country.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:43 AM

878 posts, read 942,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Yeah but what would Bill Clinton have done after 9/11?
Something different and better than Bush and Cheney did. That whole administration, even Powell, should be tried, convicted and executed for war crimes.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You're joking right?
My thoughts exactly. I don't think he was a bad President, but holy cow, how could anyone put him the category of great? He has probably done more since leaving office. About the only really good thing he did was learn to work with the other side, just Like RR knew how to work with both sides. Clinton's personal life alone, has to be considered. No, I normally do not judge based on personal issues, but in his case, if even 1/2 of the allegations are true he is a slum bag at best.

Aedubbuer; it is a lot more than a simple blow job in the office; it is sexual harassment (did you forget about Paula Jones) just to mention one instance. We are not even talking about a guy who has sex kittens like JFK, we are talking serious allegations.

Last edited by nmnita; 02-06-2014 at 12:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies