Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 02:15 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Instead of blaming the victims of rape; society should be teaching men (it is a predominantly male crime) not to rape.
She has that right.
That's like teaching a crocodile not to eat you when you jump into the swamp. Good luck with that.

The fact is, and it's not PC to say so, but men are born and biologically driven to rape. That's why we can penetrate and women are to be penetrated. It allows men to have sex whenever we want, and gives no choice to the woman. As a moral father I explained to my daughter this fact and instructed her to never be alone with men, especially drinking, unless she wants to have sex.

To avoid being eaten by a crocodile it's much easier telling the human being to avoid the crocodile than teaching the crocodile not to eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 02:25 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,550,854 times
I posted multiple times on the actual ideas and outcomes behind the very simplistic "Don't Rape" and what it means.

I watched the video, Zerlina Maxwell does a TERRIBLE job with the concept, she doesn't explain it, she frankly, uses the term very poorly and in the wrong context, tries to tie it to gun control and hands red meat to Hannity and his followers to mock what is, in actuality, a solid educational concept

I say this as a "lefty liberal", male who also works extensively with his church youth group, including teaching both junior high, and high school levels of the OWL (Our Whole Lives) Sexuality Education Program. Even with the best of intentions and good kids from good families, there is a surprising amount of confusion in regards to the ethics and legal responsibility with regards to sexual consent.

Does that mean that kids don't understand that rape is wrong? Of course not! It means that young men need to be educated on how make better choices, read signs better, and be careful with how they conduct themselves in a very confusing, and sometime hazardous, sexual landscape.

The fact is that EDUCATION is a good thing. Mocking it because one woman on TV who belongs to a political party "you" don't like used the terms poorly doesn't make any point other than "you" enjoy making fun of people and ideas even if you don't fully understand them.

Quote:
"Society needs to establish a zero tolerance for sexual violence. Instead of saying, 'don't get raped,' which shifts the responsibility onto a potential victim, the message should be 'don't rape' and focus on holding perpetrators accountable," —Tracy Cox, communications director of the National Sexual Violence Resource Center.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:26 PM

Like I said, tell the crocodile "don't eat him, we have a zero tolerance policy" and see how far that gets you.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:45 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
You can keep on explaining it until the cows come home. It's not that we don't understand it. It's that "It's no. that. true."

People simply are not doing what you like to think they are doing.
Nice try. Of course they are. Who the hell is committing rape if they aren't?

I'd invite you to join the real world, but we don't really want you here. I only hope you don't have any sons.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Nice try. Of course they are. Who the hell is committing rape if they aren't?

I'd invite you to join the real world, but we don't really want you here. I only hope you don't have any sons.
You can start off in the real world by telling a crocodile not to eat you. If you like, you can start repeating yourself when he's a baby crocodile if you think it makes a difference.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Do you actually believe rapists don't know it is illegal? .
No, I believe they think lots of things they might do aren't rape, because people like you tell them the laws are wierd, or the woman asked for it, or any number of stupid azz things.

And I believe they think they can get away with it, because a lot of the time they can.

And I believe they know women very often don't even report it, because they know perfectly well that a good lawyer will rip her reputation to shreds.

And all of this is sanctioned, at least passively, by men like the ones on this thread. Because hey, I'm making all this up, men are great, no one but "criminals" rape.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
You can start off in the real world by telling a crocodile not to eat you. If you like, you can start repeating yourself when he's a baby crocodile if you think it makes a difference.
So you're saying that we shouldn't teach boys not to rape because it's inevitable and they can't help themselves. Got it.

This is one of the stupidest posts you've ever made, and you've made some doozies!

Old 03-06-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
So you're saying that we shouldn't teach boys not to rape because it's inevitable and they can't help themselves. Got it.

This is one of the stupidest posts you've ever made, and you've made some doozies!
Just like you can't teach a crocodile not to eat you can't teach a boy not to rape. If a boy wants to have sex and doesn't care about the consequences (or thinks he will get away with it) he will have sex whether the girl wants to or not. If girls want to keep ignoring the reality such as partying alone with boys where there is alcohol, these things will continue to happen.

I have reality on my side, you have wishful thinking. But wishful thinking is still stupidity and sometimes dangerous.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679
Do you actually believe rapists don't know it is illegal? .

Quote:
No, I believe they think lots of things they might do aren't rape, because people like you tell them the laws are wierd, or the woman asked for it, or any number of stupid azz things.

And I believe they think they can get away with it, because a lot of the time they can.

And I believe they know women very often don't even report it, because they know perfectly well that a good lawyer will rip her reputation to shreds.

And all of this is sanctioned, at least passively, by men like the ones on this thread. Because hey, I'm making all this up, men are great, no one but "criminals" rape.
You sure aren't making liberals look very smart.

Honey...........everybody on Planet USA knows rape is a crime. They know they aren't supposed to do it. They don't need to be 'taught'. It's part of growing up. At least it used to be.

Now if you want to live in a liberal society where sex is rampant on every street corner, there is no marriage, kids run all over creation not knowing who their baby daddy is, people shack up for a couple of nights just for the hell of it...........well...........change your lifestyle and you won't have to deal with stupid boys who don't know that rape is wrong.

See what you get when you embrace the liberal lifestyle? I have no pity for you, your youngsters, and the youngsters growing up in an America devoid of human emotion when it comes to sex. If you want to think sex is nothing but a bodily function and everybody is entitled to procreate, well, this is what you get. I'm actually laughing at those who put no importance on the sanctity of marriage. Apparently, you end up with a bunch of stupid boys who don't know rape is wrong. Looks like another liberal fail.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:12 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
I never said the woman asked for it. I merely said that the laws vary from state to state and what is rape in CA, MD, or DC isn't necessarily rape where I live. In CA you can rape an unmarried woman and it isn't considered rape.

Julio Morales Rape Case Appeal Ruling - Business Insider

"In his appeal, which was decided Thursday, Morales claimed his conviction was faulty because Jane didn't think he was her husband, but rather just her boyfriend.

California's penal code says a crime is rape if the victim was unconscious or asleep or "submits under the belief that the person committing the act is the victim's spouse, and this belief is induced by any artifice, pretense, or concealment practiced by the accused, with intent to induce the belief."
However, since Jane and Victor were not married, Morales couldn't be accused of pretending to be her husband, which means he didn't violate California's penal code"

Quote:

Maybe, but the cops can't do anything if it isn't reported. Other guys can though and sometimes more effectively. It helps to know what kind of car the guy drives.

Quote:
Nobody on this thread has condoned rape and men are great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies