Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 11:02 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,124,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This is such crap. I'm gay and I know lots and lots of gay people. I have never heard anyone say that they want to eliminate tax laws associated with churches.

The previous poster was right. You people always have to create a boogie man. If it weren't for fear of "the other", you would have nothing.
You have now. I do. I don't want my tax dollars subsidizing churches (and temples, mosques, etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 01:42 PM

734 posts, read 934,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
I worked as a reporter for many years investigating "grass roots" political organizations and NGOs. This included attending many of their meetings.

The goal of gay marriage is to eliminate the 501c3 designation for churches, using as a precedent, The Supreme Court decision against Bob Jones University. (look it up)

That is why is must be marriage, but a civil union or other legal concept. The goal was start in CA, so that the case would be heard by the 9th circuit. A gay couple would ask to be married in church, and if they were turned away, they would sue. (See the Supreme Court decision against Bob Jones University.) Prop 8 was a setback for this plan.
This is part of the agenda, but it's not the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal is to ensure that religion as we know it (belief in God and his commandments) are no longer followed. Doing so will allow the state/government to make decisions and laws without anyone contesting morality etc. In essence, they want to blur the lines between right/wrong and good/evil. Without morality man is worthless.

When people have no concept of right and wrong, the state will be able to come in and take complete control. After all, in the coming decades, the people will be nothing more than savages, in need of big brother.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:53 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,225,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
This is part of the agenda, but it's not the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal is to ensure that religion as we know it (belief in God and his commandments) are no longer followed. Doing so will allow the state/government to make decisions and laws without anyone contesting morality etc. In essence, they want to blur the lines between right/wrong and good/evil. Without morality man is worthless.

When people have no concept of right and wrong, the state will be able to come in and take complete control. After all, in the coming decades, the people will be nothing more than savages, in need of big brother.
You have ironically just described religion perfectly...

Old 03-10-2013, 02:24 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Wow. I had no idea that my desire to be treated like everyone else was secretly a nefarious plot to take away non-profit status for churches (based on a court case that explicitly doesn't apply to churches) and eliminate morality and indeed the very concept of right and wrong.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:42 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,730,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This is such crap. I'm gay and I know lots and lots of gay people. I have never heard anyone say that they want to eliminate tax laws associated with churches.
Oh, really?

I also snuck into a Gay Communityâ„¢ meeting and got a copy of the agenda:

5:00 Opening remarks by community president

5:10 Review minutes from previous meeting

5:15 Treasurers report

5:20 Get Fabulous!

5:30 Eliminate 501(c)(3) eligibility of all organized religion - except Islam.

5:45 Sodomy break

6:00 Watch and discuss Glee!

7:00 Adjourn

So, there you have it in black and white. Also, anybody who tells you I stayed past 5:45 is a liar - a damn liar!

Old 03-10-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
Oh, really?

I also snuck into a Gay Communityâ„¢ meeting and got a copy of the agenda:

5:00 Opening remarks by community president

5:10 Review minutes from previous meeting

5:15 Treasurers report

5:20 Get Fabulous!

5:30 Eliminate 501(c)(3) eligibility of all organized religion - except Islam.

5:45 Sodomy break

6:00 Watch and discuss Glee!

7:00 Adjourn

So, there you have it in black and white. Also, anybody who tells you I stayed past 5:45 is a liar - a damn liar!
Only 15 minutes of sodomy?

Old 03-10-2013, 03:52 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,730,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Only 15 minutes of sodomy?
The Black Communityâ„¢ had the room booked for 7:00, so they had to keep the meeting shorter than usual.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
The Black Communityâ„¢ had the room booked for 7:00, so they had to keep the meeting shorter than usual.
I guess one could watch Glee and engage in sodomy at the same time.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:35 PM

734 posts, read 934,114 times
Quote:
The Black Community™ had the room booked for 7:00, so they had to keep the meeting shorter than usual.
Why do gays always bring up black people? I find it insulting that a homosexual would compare themselves to members of my race.

Homosexuality = immoral sexual preferences

Blacks = Racial group with origins in Africa

The black struggle for civil rights was about race, not about having sexual relations with the same gender.

Notice that for homosexuals to claim "discrimination" they have to resort to engaging in a sexual act "i.e. kissing in public." If you just stopped displaying your bedroom scenes before the public and demanding that your immoral ways be recognized as normal by the larger society, no one would really care about you or what you choose to engage in.

Again, I have no hatred for gay people. I just want them to stop equating their homosexuality to my black skin. I also want them to stop pushing homosexuality onto the larger society.

Also, please don't fall for gays trying to make you feel like you're a bigot for speaking up against homosexuality. There have been numerous stories written about racist gays. How ironic! Pot meet Kettle!

Last edited by Lilly1224; 03-10-2013 at 04:48 PM..

Old 03-10-2013, 04:36 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,581,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
I worked as a reporter for many years...That is why is must be marriage, but a civil union or other legal concept. The goal was start in CA
Evidently, you didn't write for an English-language journal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies