Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 07:35 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Who do you intend to kill with this gun? If you are like most Americans you will kill a spouse, child or relative or even yourself.
Hey look, more extreme liberal stupidity coupled with made up facts. Most Americans who own guns will never need to use them and the overwhelming majority of guns in America will never kill or even hurt another person whether justified or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 07:41 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
They call the Feds and give them personal information. The Feds then say yes or no, it's not very complicated. If you pass you get the gun. What else to you think people should have to provide besides a DL?
Seems like a rather loose approach to something so important and the dealer is the only person with a record, if the dealer makes an error over the phone who will ever know until 5 years later when ATF does an inspection or it shows up at a crime scene. Keep in mind that slightly less than half the sales don't even go through licensed dealers and there are no checks.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:45 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Seems like a rather loose approach to something so important and the dealer is the only person with a record, if the dealer makes an error over the phone who will ever know until 5 years later when ATF does an inspection or it shows up at a crime scene. Keep in mind that slightly less than half the sales don't even go through licensed dealers and there are no checks.
Yet most crime guns come from straw purchases or are stolen, not by being purchase through private parties.

Again, what else should someone need to provide to exercise a fundamental enumerated right outlined in the constitution?

Old 03-27-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Who do you intend to kill with this gun? If you are like most Americans you will kill a spouse, child or relative or even yourself.
Right...

More inflammatory nonsense not based in reality or supported by facts.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:49 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,959,017 times
Quote:
Getting to be a very dated lie....... Ask about new talking points for the latest lies

I have somewhere around 40 guns, but the one i shot a bad guy with i sold in a private sale to get a gun that guy had. I sold that in a private sale to assist in a cash trade to buy a boat.

I sold the boat for a cash trade sale and took a AK-47 with a pig sticker and 6 30 rnd mags. i still have that gun.

All of these other guys at one time or another had taken background checks. I have too. Just how many times must I take a back ground check according to you?

Most gun owners probably obey and follow the letter of LAW a hell of a lot more often than you wanna be Elite gun grabbers do. Hell the most of you grabbers can't even follow the rules of the road.

I hope every last one of you grabbers suffers for your folly at a point in life since you ALL deserve it.

My family has already paid in blood to be here....... What about yours?

Old 03-27-2013, 08:02 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Yet most crime guns come from straw purchases or are stolen, not by being purchase through private parties.

Again, what else should someone need to provide to exercise a fundamental enumerated right outlined in the constitution?
There should be a formal hard record of the transaction, more than a phone call that can be misinterpreted.

Most guns used in crimes are straw purchases, good reason for more severe penalties but illegal sales by FFl's are right behind them and there is also the issue with supposedly legal dealers being "unable to locate inventory", maybe they did actually lose them that is more reason for stricter oversight. Stolen guns are the least of the problem.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There should be a formal hard record of the transaction, more than a phone call that can be misinterpreted.

Most guns used in crimes are straw purchases, good reason for more severe penalties but illegal sales by FFl's are right behind them and there is also the issue with supposedly legal dealers being "unable to locate inventory", maybe they did actually lose them that is more reason for stricter oversight. Stolen guns are the least of the problem.
Wrong again. Stolen guns are second most crime guns used per the DOJ. The ffl keeps the form 4473, so they have a hard copy. Obviously you have no knowledge of the actual process. Educate yourself before posting.

Again, what else should someone have to provide besides a DL before purchasing a gun?

Old 03-27-2013, 09:01 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,969,651 times
Quote:
There is an old aphorism that is quite apropos: (Paraphrased just a little bit)
"Ted Kennedy's CAR has killed more people than any of the guns I have ever owned, or my step father owned, or my grandfather owned, or any of my uncles owned, or my mother owned..."
That includes the guns I carried in Viet Nam!

Old 03-27-2013, 09:01 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Now Republicans on the other hand have a different use for AR15's.

They raffle them to raise campaign money:

Controversial gun giveaways a popular way to raise money in the U.S. | World | News | National Post
What's wrong with that?

Maybe Sandra Fluke should try that to pay for her birth control.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:

Food! You left out food....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies