Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2013, 12:16 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,078,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It appears that way. And it would appear that the majority on this thread is not on the OP's nor her side regarding this issue.

And you have no right to tell me that I can't smoke outside in the fresh air! Because you see, when people push, there comes a point, where others push back! You can't be happy with the regulations already in place! Nope. That's not good enough for you! Therefore, why should I have any ounce of respect for you? I think at this point, given that I've respectfully gone outside or to the proper designated smoking areas around private establishments, that I'm out of respect! If you're too blind to see that, then I can't help you.
f you are outside, away from other pepple, nobody cares. It is when your effluent hits them, that the problem is created.

Just understand that you are spewing vile filth, and as yourself if there is a reasonable chance that filth will contaminate others. If that chance exists, go elsewhere. You are the one polluting so it is incumbent on YOU not ato adveresly impart others with that pollution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Really now? Why don't you offer up a logical rebuttal void of your typical, emotional knee jerk responses, and get back to us...MMMKAYYY!!! Nothing Crem said is wrong!
Before a meaningful reply can be made, a meaningfull post must first exist to respond to. Such was not the case - you know, I know it etc.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Your lack of comprehension is really an issue here. What part of me respecting non-smokers don't you get? As a smoker, I've gladly catered to the requests of non-smokers, and remove myself from the room to go smoke. And quite frankly the majority of non-smokers don't have a problem with it. I'm outside... cool! You obviously have an axe to grind with smokers, for God only knows why? Again, did a bunch of smokers tie you up and put you in a room for hours on end and force you to breathe it in? Seriously. I don't think I've seen anything this over the top as what you're saying! Your need for control of others and what they do is quite scary!
I comprehend everything.

First, you grossly overstate the average smoker's concern for others. I have never been asked by a smoker if I minded if they smoked. Not once.

Smokers walk rught up to me with their filthy effluent spewing without so much as a ounce of effort to keep their filthy away. It's as if they think it is benign and oderless, and not fhe foul, toxic poluution it is.

Have you ever asked a non-smoker what they think of smokers in their area? I doubt it, but I have, and in the vast majority of such incidents they tell me it bothers them, but they are too timid to enteri into a "situation" with the polluter.

the rest of your post was, kindly put, drivel.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:27 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,015,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
f you are outside, away from other pepple, nobody cares. It is when your effluent hits them, that the problem is created.

Just understand that you are spewing vile filth, and as yourself if there is a reasonable chance that filth will contaminate others. If that chance exists, go elsewhere. You are the one polluting so it is incumbent on YOU not ato adveresly impart others with that pollution.
Well good, I'm glad that we understand that if I'm outside, then nobody cares. Then neither should you. However; don't pass through a crowd of smokers in an area designated for them, and demand that they cater to you when they are already following the rules! And, don't dictate what people can and cannot do on their private property. A lot of people don't like smoking, you're going to get a lot of push back from even non-smokers if you try for this sort of power grab through government regulation. I thought conservatives were against more regulation?

Quote:
Before a meaningful reply can be made, a meaningfull post must first exist to respond to. Such was not the case - you know, I know it etc.
And yet you responded anyway.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Well good, I'm glad that we understand that if I'm outside, then nobody cares. Then neither should you. However; don't pass through a crowd of smokers in an area designated for them, and demand that they cater to you when they are already following the rules! And, don't dictate what people can and cannot do on their private property. A lot of people don't like smoking, you're going to get a lot of push back from even non-smokers if you try for this sort of power grab through government regulation. I thought conservatives were against more regulation?

And yet you responded anyway.
I would never approach a bunch of smokers spewing filth. I try to avoid them in the building because of the lingering stench, and, especially, their breath.

I don't care what people do on their property as long as what they are doing stays on their property and doesn't slop over onto my property. It rarely does, however.

Consider a barking dog, barking like crazy in your neighbors back yard. True, the dog is in their backyard, but the sound doesn't recognize propertly lines, and inflicts me on my property, and that is nor proper.

I don't know why you must be so intellectually dishonest. Of course I am against excessive regulation, and as I have said, if smokers would keep their filthy stench TO THEMSELVES, nobody, least of all me, would care. Unfortunately, thos circumstances rarely exist. Do you really think I wojld care if you were mainlining Nicotine, or snorting it, etc., Of course not, why would I????

Your lack of Intellectual Honesty precludes you from seeing that my only concern is that you keep your filth, your pollution, your effluent, TO YOURSELF (don't inflict it on others). Other than that, I don't care what you do.

Just like drinking alcohol. I don't care if you stay in a drunken stuper all day long. Just stay off the highway or do othert things wehre your inebriation renders you harmfull to others.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I comprehend everything.

First, you grossly overstate the average smoker's concern for others. I have never been asked by a smoker if I minded if they smoked. Not once.

Really now? Going outside of my own house to avoid exposing the 2 non-smokers who live there is not expressing my concern over others? Furthermore, if you're not in an enclosed space, why in the HELL should they ask?

Smokers walk rught up to me with their filthy effluent spewing without so much as a ounce of effort to keep their filthy away. It's as if they think it is benign and oderless, and not fhe foul, toxic poluution it is.

Oh yes, I'm sure smokers are just lining up to personally attack you? Give me a break!

Have you ever asked a non-smoker what they think of smokers in their area? I doubt it, but I have, and in the vast majority of such incidents they tell me it bothers them, but they are too timid to enteri into a "situation" with the polluter.

No. Because I distance myself from those who don't want to be around it. Unless, you're on my property. My wife and I tend to hang with our neighbors quite frequently. When it's warm we're on the patio. When it's cold, we hang inside, and we tend to carry the conversation into the garage when we want to smoke. My wife is a non-smoker, and asthmatic (has been since well before we were dating or married). She doesn't like smoke either, but will sit in the garage with us so as to continue our conversation. It's her choice, I always tell her that perhaps she should stay in the house given her circumstances. Here is the thing, she is an adult and has her own mind, so she continues to sit with us and converse. Now, are you telling me that my neighbors shouldn't smoke in their garage, when she is there? It's their house, and she knows that, and respects that. So she being of sound mind and the ability to think for herself will either choose to continue to hang with us, or eliminate herself from the exposure.

the rest of your post was, kindly put, drivel.

Call it what you want, yet the majority of folks on this thread are in fact in agreement with me on this issue.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Call it what you want, yet the majority of folks on this thread are in fact in agreement with me on this issue.
Possibly, so what.

I would offer than you accept that anyone who is NOT a smokers is going to NOT want you around them smoking, anymore than they would want you around them burning some foul incense or whatever else you might burn that releases toxic, foul smoke. How would you like it if I burned roofing tar around you and sickened you with it?

BTW, assuming you treat others as you indicate you do, to the extent you repect their rights, I salute that respect.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Possibly, so what.

I would offer than you accept that anyone who is NOT a smokers is going to NOT want you around them smoking, anymore than they would want you around them burning some foul incense or whatever else you might burn that releases toxic, foul smoke. How would you like it if I burned roofing tar around you and sickened you with it?

BTW, assuming you treat others as you indicate you do, to the extent you repect their rights, I salute that respect.
So, then it's simple. If I'm outside, and the so-called proper distance, then leave me alone, and we're fine. However; don't walk up to a designated smoking area, and expect people to cater to you. It doesn't work that way. You know they're there. They're allowed to be there. So avoid it. It's not like we're in a closed elevator. Right?

Old 03-22-2013, 01:34 PM

1,187 posts, read 997,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I agree, plus people shouldn't be allowed to fart in shared dwellings, out of respect for their neighbors.
And lets not forget about all those who use perfumes, colognes, Downey and other detergents in their laundry and daily cleaning!! All those chemicals are WAY more dangerous for people than smoking! And then there are those damn flowers and trees with their pollen!! Damn them! Every year poor people have to suffer with allergies and are uncomfortable! No one should have to put up with that!! Ban flowers and plants in people's houses, in their yards, places of business! How inconsiderate of those people!!

Old 03-22-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Let me ask you a very basic question.

Do you hve any idea how foul and disgusting the stench of tobacco smoke is, and how foul you stink when you are smoking? Y/N
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies