Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,174,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Then please explain why in states where medical use is legal, mostly "liberal" states if I'm not mistaken, do allow patients to grow their own? They tax dispensaries now, but medical card holders can grow a certain number of plants without taxes or restrictions. I'd do it myself, just don't have the green thumb or space!

I'm fairly liberal too, and don't like taxes any more than any conservative - but they are a necessary evil in a civilized society.
The girl Heather that was in the movie "Blair Witch" apparently spent some time growing & selling her own. She wrote a book about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 09:46 PM

30,409 posts, read 52,029,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I only saw an ad for papers, was there more to it? I once knew someone who had one of those little rolling machines that spit out the perfect joint every time. They looked like cigarettes. I still think it'd be cooler to do it by hand. Practice makes perfect, lol!
It was supposed to link to the machine, but I guess their site is too fancy for direct-linking.

Here: Rakuten.com - Zig Zag (100mm) Premium Cigarette Rolling Machine

And yes, practice does make perfect. I spent one summer (in college, lol) rolling them with tobacco every night when I was bored - definitely perfected my skills after a while!

Old 03-24-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
It was supposed to link to the machine, but I guess their site is too fancy for direct-linking.

Yeah, that's it! Slightly different but basically the same. Wow, they're only $6...hmmm. LOL, no no, I need to work on my skills.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Dang, you know your stuff! I really don't know anything about pot, I just ask for it & smoke it, lol. I once had a thought about a year ago of growing it in my basement from these seeds I picked out. Once I started reading online all that went into it, I was like forget it!
Oh, but not as much as Dale - I mean, she can Google articles about it! LOL

It's really just part of the culture around here, and the knowledge rubs off once you start visiting the medical clubs. But you should meet the REAL experts, who can ramble on for hours about the chemical properties and such. I didn't go to Oaksterdam U or anything, so my knowledge is pretty basic compared to them.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:50 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,304,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua;28818921[B
]...but they use government to manipulate things so the rich and powerful can control the rest.[/b]
Precise examples please ---

Old 03-24-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Oh, but not as much as Dale - I mean, she can Google articles about it! LOL

It's really just part of the culture around here, and the knowledge rubs off once you start visiting the medical clubs. But you should meet the REAL experts, who can ramble on for hours about the chemical properties and such. I didn't go to Oaksterdam U or anything, so my knowledge is pretty basic compared to them.
Haha, yes that's a bit too in depth for me. Just give me some stuff & I'm good. I suppose if that were my business though, of course I'd be knowledgeable about it.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:56 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,148,490 times
Quote:
I haven't had the fun laughy pot in awhile. Now it basically makes me go to sleep. Boring!
Awe man, your missing out.

I'm prob gonna be "tracked" for this but I don't care. Alaskan Thunder F8ck, Pineapple Express, White Widow, Purps, Mango Kush, etc etc

It's been a great few years.

I work pretty much all the time and sometimes need a strain that allows me to work while high. I don't smoke mid. Only high grade strains that can keep you alert and thinking.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:

And yes, practice does make perfect. I spent one summer (in college, lol) rolling them with tobacco every night when I was bored - definitely perfected my skills after a while!
I've never seen one of those before. Pretty cool.

One hitters are also good for public use. Look like cigarettes.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Precise examples please ---
Marijuana laws.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Haha, yes that's a bit too in depth for me. Just give me some stuff & I'm good. I suppose if that were my business though, of course I'd be knowledgeable about it.
Yeah, I call them "pot geeks" - but if it's your livelihood you have to know what's what! I just know what I like, and also let them choose for me sometimes. Recently this one "budtender" was REALLY loaded while helping me, so I teased him about taking his work too seriously... in reality, I'm quite jealous that is not only acceptable but encouraged at his job. If they could match the salary I make, it might be a tempting career option. Hehe.

Why am I getting really hungry reading this thread? Hmmm, Panda Express is sounding good about now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies