Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 09:24 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,917,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
As an adult or adolescent. I've heard where smoking when your young can impact you negatively, but not after you are an adult and the brain is fully developed.
Dr. Drew often talks about this on his podcast, and has said basically the same thing. In his professional opinion adolescents should never smoke marijuana, since their brains are not fully developed yet... as for adults, he always says "knock yourself out" and actually supports legalization. He doesn't recommend using and feels some people can become psychologically addicted, but also has never said it's proven to harm an adult brain.

Quote:
And your 10% number is just bullsh*t. I'll just call it out right now.
I think so too... doesn't sound right at all, IMO.

Last edited by gizmo980; 03-24-2013 at 09:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 09:24 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

Street dealers, on the other hand, don't have to worry as much about competition... if somebody is looking to score illegally, they will basically grab and run! No time or opportunity to comparison shop, even if you're purchasing from a friend or something. People take what they can get in that situation, if you know what I mean.
And this is exactly where I'm at. I haven't had really good pot since....since I was in L.A. in '94, no kidding. I've had some good stuff here or there but the stuff I now get is just.....eh. But hey, if I can get it, I'll take it, just like you said!

Old 03-24-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You can get it outside of a dispensery

There's some great strains out there right now. I used to not care much but the different strains really do have very different effects. Some are cerebral where some just make you want to sit on the couch. Some stimulate imagination. Some help your mood. Some help your appetite.

It really is the true medicinal drug.
I haven't had the fun laughy pot in awhile. Now it basically makes me go to sleep. Boring!

Old 03-24-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
And this is exactly where I'm at. I haven't had really good pot since....since I was in L.A. in '94, no kidding. I've had some good stuff here or there but the stuff I now get is just.....eh. But hey, if I can get it, I'll take it, just like you said!
You are an excellent example of why it should be fully legalized and regulated... better than the alternative, ya know? And why do we want to keep funding international cartels? Grow locally, purchase locally, test locally, and label clearly - for the win!

Old 03-24-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
I haven't had the fun laughy pot in awhile. Now it basically makes me go to sleep. Boring!
You're probably getting low-grade indica... sativa is a more "laughy/uppy" product, while most indicas will give you a body high instead. I prefer indica myself, since I typically only smoke at night (doesn't knock me out right away, but does help me sleep later).

Old 03-24-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
I've never done a blunt. And I wish I could roll a joint because joints are way cooler than pipes in my opinion but I suck at it.
I'm pretty good at rolling by hand, but use this when I want it perfect: Zig Zag

Old 03-24-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
You are an excellent example of why it should be fully legalized and regulated... better than the alternative, ya know? And why do we want to keep funding international cartels? Grow locally, purchase locally, test locally, and label clearly - for the win!
Just like for fruits & vegetables, buy locally! And what is such a pisser is that you spend maybe $50-$65 on some stuff that you know isn't that great but whatever, be grateful you can do this backalley buy! Not literally backalley, you know what I mean.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty good at rolling by hand, but use this when I want it perfect: Zig Zag
I only saw an ad for papers, was there more to it? I once knew someone who had one of those little rolling machines that spit out the perfect joint every time. They looked like cigarettes. I still think it'd be cooler to do it by hand. Practice makes perfect, lol!

Old 03-24-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
I've been sayin' that for years.

The liberals won't go for it. They like taxes too much. They are also secret lovers of corporations.
Then please explain why in states where medical use is legal, mostly "liberal" states if I'm not mistaken, do allow patients to grow their own? They tax dispensaries now, but medical card holders can grow a certain number of plants without taxes or restrictions. I'd do it myself, just don't have the green thumb or space!

I'm fairly liberal too, and don't like taxes any more than any conservative - but they are a necessary evil in a civilized society.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
You're probably getting low-grade indica... sativa is a more "laughy/uppy" product, while most indicas will give you a body high instead. I prefer indica myself, since I typically only smoke at night (doesn't knock me out right away, but does help me sleep later).
Dang, you know your stuff! I really don't know anything about pot, I just ask for it & smoke it, lol. I once had a thought about a year ago of growing it in my basement from these seeds I picked out. Once I started reading online all that went into it, I was like forget it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies