Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 07:50 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,801,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Responded to your post in a different thread.
I dont' think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 07:54 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,160,590 times
All you posted was links to articles that showed that marijuana can make mental illnesses worse. Hardly evidence that marijuana is on par with cigarettes. Or other perfectly legal and acceptable substances.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,801,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
All you posted was links to articles that showed that marijuana can make mental illnesses worse. Hardly evidence that marijuana is on par with cigarettes. Or other perfectly legal and acceptable substances.
No, many of them prove that pot causes it, and that 10% of all mental illness in US is caused by marijuana use.

And no, just because there are other harmful substances out there does not mean we should make more of them available.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:52 PM

30,438 posts, read 52,094,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
I think pot would be more enjoyable if nicotine were added to it.
It's called a blunt, and they're very nice if rolled right... I used to date a guy who only smoked those, and started to really like them after a while.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:54 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,178,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
It's called a blunt, and they're very nice if rolled right... I used to date a guy who only smoked those, and started to really like them after a while.
I've never done a blunt. And I wish I could roll a joint because joints are way cooler than pipes in my opinion but I suck at it.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
im sure if marijuana was legal and there were companies that made products like cigarette companies there would be chemicals blended into them
It's about as legal as legal gets here in California, and in the ~15 years since Prop 215 passed, nobody has been doing that AFAIK. The state-licensed clubs generally sell pot in these forms: Loose/natural bud, extract (hash or wax), edibles, and pre-rolled joints. ONE time I got a pre-roll that tasted a little funky, actually like pee, and they were horrified when I told them later - got an apology and two free pre-rolls to make up for it! So while I can't predict what would happen if it were federally and/or 100% legalized, so far I haven't heard of anyone mixing chemicals into "legal" marijuana.

Not to mention, they even tell you the percentage of THC in most products they sell. Usually it's also grown and purchased locally, unlike the imported crap you'll often find from street dealers. To get an idea of how it works, take a look at the site from my old favorite club - http://thegreencross.org/menu/indicas (note how they break down all contents of each strain, using lab tests?)

P.S. I've also been to Amsterdam, and didn't find any chemically-laced marijuana that I can recall.

Last edited by gizmo980; 03-24-2013 at 09:07 PM..

Old 03-24-2013, 09:00 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,178,818 times
I've heard that the pot you can get at a dispensiary in the states that have legalized it is better than any pot where it's illegal. I would like to try that theory out one of these days.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I've heard that the pot you can get at a dispensiary in the states that have legalized it is better than any pot where it's illegal. I would like to try that theory out one of these days.
I would have to agree with that, although California has always (even before Prop 215) been known for its quality plants. But I'd say it usually is better, probably for the reasons I mentioned above - locally grown/purchased, and tested for quality control. There's a LOT of competition in places like San Francisco, so the clubs with poor products would quickly go out of business. Ah, capitalism.

Street dealers, on the other hand, don't have to worry as much about competition... if somebody is looking to score illegally, they will basically grab and run! No time or opportunity to comparison shop, even if you're purchasing from a friend or something. People take what they can get in that situation, if you know what I mean.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
You can get it outside of a dispensery

There's some great strains out there right now. I used to not care much but the different strains really do have very different effects. Some are cerebral where some just make you want to sit on the couch. Some stimulate imagination. Some help your mood. Some help your appetite.

It really is the true medicinal drug.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, many of them prove that pot causes it, and that 10% of all mental illness in US is caused by marijuana use.

And no, just because there are other harmful substances out there does not mean we should make more of them available.
As an adult or adolescent. I've heard where smoking when your young can impact you negatively, but not after you are an adult and the brain is fully developed.

And your 10% number is just bullsh*t. I'll just call it out right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies