Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 07:51 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I was not a fan of Dubya, but Obama has made him look like a giant of a president. Obama isn't only the worst president I can remember, he's the worst politician that's "represented" me. That includes Nixon, Johnson, Carter, and a couple county commissioners that left a little to be desired.

The stunts that Obama is pulling sickens me. I guess it's what we all should have expected, with him coming from Chicago's fine line of politicians. It's just too bad that he's not keeping them company in prison.
This is an accurate statement. I thought GWB was an admirable person who, while often misguided (think Medicare Part D, Harriet Miers, etc.) wanted the best for his country. Between putting my trust/future in Obama vs GWB, I'd take George W Bush in a heartbeat.

Obama is a sleazy leftist who knowingly lies about Obamacare, Benghazi, the economy and, even when the truth comes out, repeats the lie. He's a disgrace to the country and it's beyond frustrating to see that anyone truly believes in this guy. Obama is loyal to Big Government and Big Government only. If you happen to belong to one of his supposedly favored groups (women, minorities, etc), it's only b/c you're a pawn in his game. If you're a women (Michele Malkin) or minority (Ben Carson) who doesn't drink the Big Government Kool-Aid, he and his (open-minded + tolerant) liberal friends will treat you like dirt.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
He has passed universal health care, invalidated Don't ask and don't tell, and appointed Justices Sotomayor and Kagan to the Supreme Court.

Quite an accomplishment.

Why do some people dislike him?
Obama went to court to SUPPORT DADT, and only invalidated it after a court ORDERED him to

Old 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
This is an accurate statement. I thought GWB was an admirable person who, while often misguided (think Medicare Part D, Harriet Miers, etc.) wanted the best for his country. Between putting my trust/future in Obama vs GWB, I'd take George W Bush in a heartbeat.

Obama is a sleazy leftist who knowingly lies about Obamacare, Benghazi, the economy and, even when the truth comes out, repeats the lie. He's a disgrace to the country and it's beyond frustrating to see that anyone truly believes in this guy. Obama is loyal to Big Government and Big Government only. If you happen to belong to one of his supposedly favored groups (women, minorities, etc), it's only b/c you're a pawn in his game. If you're a women (Michele Malkin) or minority (Ben Carson) who doesn't drink the Big Government Kool-Aid, he and his (open-minded + tolerant) liberal friends will treat you like dirt.
You sure do regurgitate the Fox and Limbaugh talking points, right down to the Ben Carson line.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:54 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You sure do regurgitate the Fox and Limbaugh talking points, right down to the Ben Carson line.
Well the truth is the truth.

When people don't even know how much in debt our country is in then they are very uneducated or just listening to the lamestream media that is in the tank for Obama. Might as well call them Obama's campaign team, they act like it.

Facts can be verified to the shame of the party in power now.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:20 PM

85 posts, read 369,104 times
I only read through the first 5 pages, but I dont understand how there are so many people are one sided. Obama is certainly not the best president we've ever had, but he certainly is not the worst.
There are some things the guy has done that I don't agree with, but he is trying... Is the healthcare bill perfect? Far from it, but he is making an attempt to fix a broken system. I guarantee no president would have touched the healthcare problem till it falls apart, I mean its political suicide (we are seeing that now).
Our unemployment rate is dropping, our markets have soured, consumer confidence and housing is growing, Bin laden is dead, and just about every foreign leader has given him high remarks. Would a lot of these things have happened if someone else was in office? Sure. But IMO whoever is in office gets the credit or the blame.

My biggest complaint is this talk about 'change' between democrats and republicans. Nothing has changed and each side is more one sided then ever. I would love for a president to come into office and say F you to both sides. All of these party lines, politics, and p*ssing contests are ridiculous. You want less spending and we want more taxes? How about we meet in the middle and spend a little less and tax a little more.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:43 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well the truth is the truth.

When people don't even know how much in debt our country is in then they are very uneducated or just listening to the lamestream media that is in the tank for Obama. Might as well call them Obama's campaign team, they act like it.

Facts can be verified to the shame of the party in power now.
In debate, if any part of the argument fails the entire argument fails. LIS123 claimed that Obama is a "sleezy leftist." Not only is Mr. Obama not a leftist, he's berely a liberal. His signature legislation, healthcare, is what the GOP proposed in the 1990s as an alternative to Bill Clinton's plan.

Lis123 also called Mr. Obama a liar but didn't cite any specifics, so no counter is possible.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:10 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
In debate, if any part of the argument fails the entire argument fails. LIS123 claimed that Obama is a "sleezy leftist." Not only is Mr. Obama not a leftist, he's berely a liberal. His signature legislation, healthcare, is what the GOP proposed in the 1990s as an alternative to Bill Clinton's plan.

Lis123 also called Mr. Obama a liar but didn't cite any specifics, so no counter is possible.

We didnt like it in 1990 when it was first proposed, so all of a sudden we're supposed to like it now that Obama regurgitates the same garbage? Really?

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-28-2013 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-28-2013, 08:29 AM

85 posts, read 369,104 times
[quote=pghquest;28870386

We didnt like it in 1990 when it was first proposed, so all of a sudden we're supposed to like it now that Obama regurgitates the same garbage? Really?[/quote]

Wow. Just because 'we' dont like it means its not a good fit? When taxes were first proposed Americans didnt like it, but we sure as hell like driving on highways and having police on the streets. If you havent noticed, the average American isnt very intelligent. Many times 'we' dont know whats best for ourselves.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-28-2013 at 11:11 AM..

Old 03-28-2013, 09:26 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,467,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James202 View Post
I only read through the first 5 pages, but I dont understand how there are so many people are one sided.
If you don't like someone, you don't like them. That doesn't make you "one sided".
Quote:
Obama is certainly not the best president we've ever had, but he certainly is not the worst.
He's the worst in nearly a century.
Quote:
There are some things the guy has done that I don't agree with, but he is trying...
He doesn't get points for "trying" when that is compared to blatant lies, financial mismanagement, corporate cronyism, and unconstitutional usurpation of power.
Quote:
Is the healthcare bill perfect? Far from it, but he is making an attempt to fix a broken system. I guarantee no president would have touched the healthcare problem till it falls apart, I mean its political suicide (we are seeing that now).
So what? His attempt at fixing the system is unconstitutional, includes no tort reform, was passed using reconciliation, etc.
Quote:
Our unemployment rate is dropping, our markets have soured, consumer confidence and housing is growing, Bin laden is dead, and just about every foreign leader has given him high remarks. Would a lot of these things have happened if someone else was in office? Sure. But IMO whoever is in office gets the credit or the blame.
No. You don't automatically get credit for something that happens during your administration. It doesn't make you a good president if something happened that would have happened no matter what.
Quote:
My biggest complaint is this talk about 'change' between democrats and republicans. Nothing has changed and each side is more one sided then ever. I would love for a president to come into office and say F you to both sides. All of these party lines, politics, and p*ssing contests are ridiculous. You want less spending and we want more taxes? How about we meet in the middle and spend a little less and tax a little more.
There is zero reason to tax more.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
President Barack Obama campaigned on promises to end secret prisons, decriminalize marijuana, balance the budget, honor the Second Amendment and make health care affordable. But what really unfolded was an explosion in the national debt (now $16 trillion and climbing), the signing of the NDAA, a claimed new power to kill any American at any time, even on U.S. soil, the use of military drones to murder American children overseas, a full-on assault against the Bill of Rights, a doubling of health insurance rates and the destruction of the U.S. economy.
But that’s not all.
Now Obama has signed the “Monsanto Protection Act” into law, stabbing America in the heart yet again and proving that no matter how convincing politicians appear on the campaign trail, they are still sociopathic liars in the end.
Prison Planet.com » Obama betrays America yet again by signing the ‘Monsanto Protection Act’ into law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies