Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 08:48 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Alright smart guy.

Disregard bat-sh*t crazy. Forget the tin foil hats. A question was asked. Do you know what the answer is?
Well, I know the truth...since the question was a lie. I was beat to the punch by another poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The DHS didn't acquire 2700 armored vehicles. The vehicle order was for refurbishment and modification of vehicles currently owned by the military for the military.

Homeland Security Serving Warrants MRAP - Business Insider

The Department of Homeland Security is using 16 military-style, mine-resistant ambush protected vehicles for use during "high-risk warrants," according to an official spokesman.
The MRAPs were transferred to DHS from the Department of Defense, free of charge. But despite recent reports, they have actually been in service since at least 2008.

"The MRAPs we have are not new," Ross Feinstein, a spokesman for DHS, told Business Insider. "We have been using them for years."
Update: An earlier version of this post included a figure of over 2,700 vehicles, as cited from the original RT link. This figure likely comes from a press release from Navistar Defense, mentioning delivery of 2,717 to the U.S. Marine Corps. A DHS Spokesman confirmed with Business Insider that they have only 16 nationwide.
I believe officers of the law have the right to protect themselves on the job.

These stories are lie after lie, and people that don't care lap them up. It's sad and sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Well, I know the truth...since the question was a lie. I was beat to the punch by another poster.

I believe officers of the law have the right to protect themselves on the job.

These stories are lie after lie, and people that don't care lap them up. It's sad and sick.
Well Congress has asked DHS about all these reports.
DHS ain't talking.

How do you "know the truth" ?

Old 03-26-2013, 08:57 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
What a bunch of crap! Anyone whose been to Arizona or New Mexico in the last ten years has seen those train and truck convoys moving military vehicles around.

They get rotated back from overseas, what do you think get's done with them? They get shipped all over the place to contractors paid to clean them up, repaint them, upfit them, scrap them, whatever the hell needs done with them.

Any purchase to replace the aging ones requires a trainload of them taken to various military bases and "proving grounds" where troops going to desert countries get trained in desert like conditions.

Touring throughout the Yuma Az. area would put your eyeballs on literally thousands of those things in all configurations being driven, shipped all over the area.

THINK PEOPLE!

Old 03-26-2013, 09:03 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Many of the armored vehicles, recently purchased by homeland security, were videotaped on the move in Arizona.

» Video: Hundreds Of DHS Armored Trucks On The Move? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Again, libs- Why does Homeland Security need armored vehicles?
Did you notice that the video ends with a "?". Meaning that they are SPECULATING that those are DHS vehicles. You have adopted it as fact since you want to believe.

I guess you missed previous Alex Jones gems, let me shed some light on the credibility of your source.

"Was Washington DC earthquake really a secret underground nuclear test?" (Um no, that would be detected by the Russians and everybody else and they'd all scream bloody murder for violating the test ban.)

"No fly zone over Nebraska nuclear plan due to nuclear meltdown?" (he launched that gem when whipping up the radiation scare after the Japan disaster)

Hook. Line. Sinker.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:12 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
The John Edwards mistress story was broken by the National Enquirer. Why? Because no-one else wanted to touch it. People like to dismiss stories because of the source. You have to be careful what you buy into because there's a whole lot of crap out there, and I wish I didn't have to read sites like Prison Planet. There are stories reporting DHS arming up all over the internet, and yet the mainstream media isn't asking about it. Reasonable people - who pay the salaries of every one of these federal employees (from the janitors at DHS all the way up to Janet Napolitano) - have the right to answers. Reasonable people want to know what is happening, why it is happening, what changed in the landscape to make it happen, and why our political leaders feel it is both necessary and appropriate to not provide answers.

The biggest question is why our political leaders think it is OK to continue to allow speculation and increasing fear to fester among the citizens of the country?

Again I ask if there is anyone out there who legitimately knows what all the weapons, all the rounds, all the vehicles are for?
Here is another article from the National Review. Hardly a publication that would be cooperating with the Obama Administration.

The Great Ammunition Myth - Charles C. W. Cooke - National Review Online

The appeal of this story is obvious, and that some citizens keep track of such things shows an admirable vigilance. But while a healthy suspicion of government serves these United States better than critics presume, facts remain the stubborn things that they always have been, and skepticism is no virtue at all when it proves impervious to reason. Those who are vexed that the state is stocking up on ammunition — and troubled by fears that this might be a step toward D.C.’s assault on the citizens for whom it works — can relax for now. Whatever the federal government has become, it is not yet plotting violence against the people.

DHS didn't acquire 2700 armored vehicles. There are rational explanations for the ammunition purchases that don't involve some kind of Obama Administration take over.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Some interesting speculation on this issue. It's appropriate to ask what they are for After all, we paid for them.
How many vehicles do you think DHS has?
What is your source for the # of vehicles that you think DHS has?

2 very simple questions which you need to answer before proceeding further.

Alex Jones makes serious money hawking everything from gold investment guides, MRE's, survival shelters, geiger counters and on and on and on.......

I would consider his own motivations when reading his articles and then consider his long track-record of failed insinuations.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:16 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I suppose the only logical response to the above is to repeat this message:
And I'll repeat my message. The left has no response for this.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Here is another article from the National Review. Hardly a publication that would be cooperating with the Obama Administration.

The Great Ammunition Myth - Charles C. W. Cooke - National Review Online

The appeal of this story is obvious, and that some citizens keep track of such things shows an admirable vigilance. But while a healthy suspicion of government serves these United States better than critics presume, facts remain the stubborn things that they always have been, and skepticism is no virtue at all when it proves impervious to reason. Those who are vexed that the state is stocking up on ammunition — and troubled by fears that this might be a step toward D.C.’s assault on the citizens for whom it works — can relax for now. Whatever the federal government has become, it is not yet plotting violence against the people.

DHS didn't acquire 2700 armored vehicles. There are rational explanations for the ammunition purchases that don't involve some kind of Obama Administration take over.
I wonder if people on the far right remember all the claims by the far left that Bush II was going to declare martial law and not leave office in 2008? Or when he was going to do the same in 2004 so as not to have to face election?

Nothing like tapping into partisan fear to get people to buy ammo, send political donations, buy gold, buy hazmat suits, buy water purification.

Hey, I fully support preparedness....things can happen in life. However, people that think all the corporations and thier shills (alex jones) are playing it straight with them and not trying to scare them into buying their products is fooling themselves.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
The DHS is supposed to be protecting us from terrorists with boots on the ground.
Of course they are going to have the right equipment to deal with them.
And of course they are going to keep secrets.

You want to sleep safe at night ?
You want to fly without your plane blowing up ?

All DHS has to do, and they've done it many times, is say "In the name of National Security" and that shuts up all mouths.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Hey, those babies are going to major urban areas to keep the rioters under control when entitlements benefits get cut off. Janet Napolitano has Obama's own supporters in her crosshairs so more power to her. Idiots.
Those of us out in the burbs and out in the sticks will just be taken out by drones......
Seriously the left has absolutely no response to this as evidenced by the posts so far.
I'm not a lefty but I will take a shot.

Why do you think those are DHS vehicles? Simple question.

I mean, I can post up a video of B52's taking off and *ask* if they are DHS bombers just like Alex Jones does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies