Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 05:05 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheReich View Post
Again its not off topic. We are discussing the Zimmerman/Martin case this has everything in the world to do with it.

The thread is about the actions of Zimmerman's brother. Tee shirts are off-topic. Peddle the snake oil elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 05:09 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
Yet here you are making a stereotype! Brilliant statement there I tell ya...Guess wearing a shirt that says ***** ass crackers isn't racist at all eh?
Yes it is, but have you seen someone wearing this shirt? Maybe they made it in response to the idiots who made the Travyon Martin targets. You're desperate to derail this thread huh? Now myself and a couple of others have dignified this with a response, are you happy? Your t-shirts are not the topic here. If you had posted a thread about it, it probably would have died along time ago, unless you can prove that like Zimmerman's fool of a brother that the idiots who made the shirt have any relation to Trayvon Martin.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:13 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,846 times
Quote:
Yet here you are making a stereotype! Brilliant statement there I tell ya...Guess wearing a shirt that says ***** ass crackers isn't racist at all eh?
No, I'm saying I don't stereotype all white men as mass murderers, although this is a stereotype.

Reading is fundamental apparently it's not one of your strong points.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:14 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
I hope the teens rat-out the Mama of the baby.......

I think she had one of her "personalities" help shoot the baby. I realize someone said bi-polar but I know a bi-polar and he does have a darker personality, to handle the abuse he had as a child...

Old 03-26-2013, 06:12 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Good post.
If black teens want respect, they need to pull up their saggy pants, stop glorifying music that talks about cop killings and b*tches, etc. Pretty simple. You want respect from civilized society, then act like a part of civilized society. The whole thug lifestyle should be totally unacceptable in society.
Yes, because white children all listen to nothing but the finest classical music, and always show exquisite taste in clothing.

Let's be real, if every black kid in the US started wearing suits, folks would scream that they were trying to imitate the Mafia. The "violent black male" is a racist trope that's been around since roughly emancipation. It's particularly funny that it's being invoked on Trayvon Martin, who we know ran away from a hostile George Zimmerman.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:40 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Your attempt to justify racial profiling and discrimination is troubling. It is a few. The majority of black people are not criminals. It is not okay to discriminate against people because of what a few people do. You can say that over and over again. You can site the FBI crime stats over and over again and tell me that Blacks commit crime at a disproportionate rate. I understand what you're saying and I do not disagree with the stats (said this several times now and won't say it again), but it still doesn't change the fact that the majority of Blacks are not criminals.

Another thing I find troubling about you and those who site those stats over and over again is that you refuse to discuss institutional racism. You refuse to acknowledge the fact that Blacks are given harsher sentences than Whites for the same crime or that Blacks are more likely to be convicted of crimes that they are arrested for than Whites. You refuse to acknowledge that racial profiling plays a part in this or that poverty has anything to do with it.

Yes there are issues within the Black community. I've said it many times now, some if them in response to your posts (not going to tell you this again either), but I cannot have an indepth discussion with someone who has no intention other than to bash black people. I am a mother. I do everything I can do to build up the self-esteem and spirit of my children, but people like you think it is okay to beat them down mentally and tell them that they don't deserve the same rights as everyone else because of a few criminals who have nothing in common with them but their African ancestry. I teach them not to judge a book by its cover, so it's only logical that they would expect the same respect from others. I don't think that's asking too much and I am not going to accept bigotry or discrimination because YOU and some others feel that it's okay based on the fact that some Black males choose to commit crime.

I have responded to you, perhaps you can respond to some of the issues I brought up in my post. I am tired of hearing the same old broken record bull crap over and over again and if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Complaining on discussion boards isn't going to help anyone. Since you are so concerned about the Black community, what are you doing to help?
I've had this conversation with him many times. I, too, have asked him what he is doing to help. I myself do everything that I can to help. One thing that doesn't help is parading around on the internet saying "Look at what these black people have done! But I'm not like them so you should do something about them!"

Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
How do you think it got that way??

Wouldn't think that racism was a factor would ya?
Many cultures overcame racism without forming a garbage can culture, which is exactly where it belongs, Please quit your denial.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yes, because that's all the evidence some people need. A murdered 17 year-old black youth is a "hulking thug," but lily-white and 20 year-old Adam Lanza is a "kid." It was Zimmerman's brother who gave an interview stating that his brother was "squeaky clean," and that turned out to be a lie. Racism is an illness at best, and pure evil at its worst. People who believe that Zimmerman can't be a racist because of his Hispanic blood are unaware that many
Quote:
Hispanic nationalities are prejudiced against blacks.
I suppose that's because white racists are equal opportunity haters. SMH.
And many blacks are prejudiced against Hispanics!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Trying to see how many times you can squeeze the word "thug" into a post? LMAO at how racists are always experts on things they know nothing about. Again, this thread is about Zimmerman's brother and by extension the whole family. Stay on-topic.
Well, I guess we are all idiots because we are white, you should put yourself in our shoes and see how asinine this behavior looks from the other side! We are not stupid!

Old 03-27-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Well at least you're honest about being racist. It's obvious from the birther threads that you feel the same way about the POTUS. It must drive you absolutely nuts that there is nothing you can do about it. LOL
He will gone in 3 1/2 yrs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies