Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Yes 27 67.50%
No 13 32.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 11:05 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,343,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How many times has this stupid analogy been pulled out of the homophobia hat in just the past couple of days?...Jeez!
I've lost track. It's ridiculous. Gay marriage is coming and all the foaming at the mouth isn't going to stop it.
They're here, they're *****, get used to it"

Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
then you don't mind the war on drugs?
I do not see war on drugs as immoral.

Quote:
that "your" money goes to feed the homeless, drug addicts, and welfare abusers?
Being homeless or addicted is not immoral. I would be ok seeing money used to cure homosexuals.

Quote:
Gay sex / marriage is no more immoral than a Christian couple who engage in oral sex
Yes, it is.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:08 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,872,805 times
Is it just me or hasn't anyone noticed there is no logical thought process in the OP's remarks?

If you support eating meat then you must eat horses and dogs. Just call it flawed logic (or absence of) and put this thread to bed.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Where did I say that? Adultery happens and it is bad, but heterosexual married men DO NOT have an average of eight sexual partners per year, but gay men (in steady relationships) do.
Here are your exact words.
Quote:
Among homosexual men, sex with multiple partners is tolerated and often expected.
Hetero men are just as promiscuous when they're not married. It's tolerated and often expected.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:10 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,527,784 times
It could,

I would be worried about the 20 year olds who get get wasted in Vegas, marry the person they met at the club and get divorce the next day. Legalize gay marriage, are we gonna start seeing gay's getting wasted and doing the same thing?

(hey at least i didnt quote the bible)

Old 03-28-2013, 11:11 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,325,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
If you approve of gay marriage then you would have to approve of polygamy. And why stop there what happens if someone wants to marry their pet. You may laugh about it but your opening up a pandora box.
When will people realize that using a slippery slope argument just reveals that you have zero basis in reality for your actual argument?

If the "definition" of marriage changes from "one man and one woman" to "two consenting adults" then that takes care of this one specific issue and doesn't open "Pandora Box" on anything else.

If polygamists, pedophiles or anyone else that you fearfully compare homosexuals to want to try to get those things legalized they can try it, and since we are all rational thinking adults we can look at them on a case by case basis and make decisions based on each individual issue.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:11 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,433,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
It could,

I would be worried about the 20 year olds who get get wasted in Vegas, marry the person they met at the club and get divorce the next day. Legalize gay marriage, are we gonna start seeing gay's getting wasted and doing the same thing?

(hey at least i didnt quote the bible)

How would this destroy marriage if it's something already being done?

Old 03-28-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The study was done in Holland, where gays can marry if they want, but it turns out they'd rather continue to jump from partner to partner, even while in relationship. This is not the kind of lifestyle a child should have to live through.
Really? Show me a study where married gays with children continue to jump from partner to partner. I'll wait.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:15 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Here are your exact words. "Among homosexual men, sex with multiple partners is tolerated and often expected"

Hetero men are just as promiscuous when they're not married. It's tolerated and often expected.
The study was about gay men who live in steady relationships. The study discovered that on average such men had eight sex parners per year. With gays, casual sex with many partners is the norm, and even expected. This is NOT the case with married heterosexual men.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:15 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,234,764 times
Quote:
The most consistent data on infidelity come from the General Social Survey, sponsored by the National Science Foundation and based at the University of Chicago, which has used a national representative sample to track the opinions and social behaviors of Americans since 1972. The survey data show that in any given year, about 10 percent of married people — 12 percent of men and 7 percent of women — say they have had sex outside their marriage.

But detailed analysis of the data from 1991 to 2006, to be presented next month by Dr. Atkins at the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies conference in Orlando, show some surprising shifts. University of Washington researchers have found that the lifetime rate of infidelity for men over 60 increased to 28 percent in 2006, up from 20 percent in 1991. For women over 60, the increase is more striking: to 15 percent, up from 5 percent in 1991.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/28/health/28well.html

Adultery is on the rise among heterosexuals. This was the case even before many states passed SSM laws.
How exactly did the evil gays make more heterosexual cheat on their spouse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies