Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,741,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
No. There's no such thing as a two men or a two women marriage.
Gee, that's funny.

I must have imagined my marriage certificate then. Was it all a dream? Last time I checked it listed both of us, TWO WOMEN, both of our names and everything, all legal and so forth (in Iowa anyway). It says "Certificate of Marriage" on it too. Imagine that!

So this is basically your argument, in a nutshell:

Old 04-01-2013, 10:47 PM

592 posts, read 414,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Speaking of 'base minds' ^^^

What's with your obsession about sodomy and sex? A marriage is about far more than just sex. At least it is for most people.

However lets look at your obsession with "sodomy" anyway...

According to the National Survey of Family Growth on the CDC website:

44% of heterosexual men and 36% of heterosexual women engage in anal sex.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr036.pdf

Only about 60% of gay men engage in anal sex.

In pure numbers, that's a heck of a lot more heterosexuals having anal sex than gay men - given that gay men are only a tiny percentage of the population.

Imagine a football stadium with 100,000 men.

If gay men are about 3% of the population:

About 97,000 would be heterosexual men and 3000 would be gay men.

44% of 97000 = 42,680 (heterosexual men who have anal sex with women).

60% of 3000 = 1800 (gay men who have anal sex with men)

42,680 heterosexual men versus 1800 homosexual who have anal sex.

You do the math...

Why aren't you harrassing heterosexuals?

The ratio of heterosexual men who have anal sex versus gay men who have anal sex is more than 23 to 1.

(And "sodomy" also includes oral sex. The stats for heterosexuals having oral sex are over 90%.)
Look. If a man lies with a male as with a woman, it is a perversion. It follows that if a man married a male as a man would marry a woman, it would be a perversion too.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:47 PM

10 posts, read 8,752 times
Religion does not police us. This ideology is so outdated, this is not political, this is religion trying to control people as usual.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
That's hilarious. Your ignorance about the Bible and the story of Sodom is staggering.

SODOM - JewishEncyclopedia.com

HOSPITALITY - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Your ignorance of history is also staggering. Heterosexual men have used rape of other males to dominate and humilate them for thousands of years. Eg male strangers and prisoners of war etc. They "used them like they would a woman". As women were seen as weak with little value, a male using another male like he would a woman was hugely insulting and humiliating. That was the point.

We also have many years of research to show that most men who rape other men are heterosexual. It's not about 'sex, lust and desire' or about sexual orientation, it's about the desire to have power and control over another person.
Men who commit homosexual acts are heterosexual? Please.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:23 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,528,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovethyneighbour View Post
Religion does not police us. This ideology is so outdated, this is not political, this is religion trying to control people as usual.

For the life of me I don't understand what you mean when you say "Religion does not police us", then immediately follow up with "this is religion trying to control people as usual".

My life observations and experience say that religion does try to police (i.e., control) us. That's a major fail on the part of today's churches.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:36 PM

30,322 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Men who commit homosexual acts are heterosexual? Please.
Anyone can commit any sexual act, regardless of their innate orientation... but I see you're another one who doesn't know the difference between behavior and orientation. No big surprise.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
There is in a number of states now, you just live under a rock with your close-minded religious views. Are you worried someone will force you to get a gay marriage and have gay sex?
No matter how many states make it legal, in truth there is no such thing.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Look. If a man lies with a male as with a woman, it is a perversion. It follows that if a man married a male as a man would marry a woman, it would be a perversion too.
According to whom, you? And don't tell me "the Bible," because I've read the Bible IN HEBREW and saw nothing specifically about homosexuals in there (the word doesn't even exist). And since most anti-gays use the OT book of Leviticus to make their arguments, the parts I've read in Hebrew do apply. So if you're going to use the book argument, at least be honest and say "in the translated and re-interpreted version of the Bible I read, it says so."

But even if it said empirically that homosexuality was a sin, how is that in any way relevant to our secular laws? Last time I checked, the US at least tried to remain neutral and secular in its governing. You are welcome to hold any beliefs you so desire, just don't expect the rest of us to adhere or agree to them... and no matter how loudly you protest, gay MARRIAGE is legal now in 9 states with more to come. Too bad, so sad.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:40 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,741,192 times
Quote:
No matter how many states make it legal, in truth there is no such thing.
Again with the la la la I can't hear you "argument".

If that is your position, then what do you care if it is made legal or not since to you, there is "no such thing"? In that case you have nothing to get upset about.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
Again with the la la la I can't hear you "argument".

If that is your position, then what do you care if it is made legal or not since to you, there is "no such thing"? In that case you have nothing to get upset about.
Bingo!

They can believe or accept/not accept whatever they want, but our nation's laws trump their views in the end. Personally I like seeing them squirm, given how long they've enjoyed unchallenged dominance over this country... not as much fun being the losing team, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies