Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 07:29 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
I actually beat you to it awhile ago.
I know, I was just responding while reading the thread. Glad you found it early on in the thread. Doesn't seem to make a difference to some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 07:33 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I know, I was just responding while reading the thread. Glad you found it early on in the thread. Doesn't seem to make a difference to some.
Nope, I guess not. With some people around here, they get an idea in their heads and just stick with it no matter what.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:37 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

What can you even say about them? Pathetic. They really hate it when a person of color dares not fall on their side of the aisle. I knew they were going to go after him after he lectured Obama, but I didnt think they even stoop to this level.
Yes, yes, the right-wing narrative is that MSNBC is attacking Carson because he's a successful black conservative. The reality, of course, is that although the right-wing puts up Carson as if he is the poster-child for black conservatives, he is being attacked because of his extreme views -- like comparing gays to the group NAMBLA, which advocates sex with boys and comparing being gay to bestiality.

Ben Carson is sorry ‘if he offended’ the gay community by comparing them to NAMBLA and Beastiality | FreakOutNation

Old 03-30-2013, 09:09 PM

116 posts, read 93,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Carson is a typical oreo that the Repub party seems to attract. Probably married to a white woman too.
I know this is tongue in cheek, but what you say is true. Carson and his ilk are sadly whitewashed.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:29 PM

491 posts, read 373,039 times
Looks to me like an elephant - which is a symbol of the republican party - is after the word "white", possibly indicating that the GOP is "all white".

Since this is not true, and apparently MSNBC does not like Mr. Carson's decidedly conservative views, I would say that they are being racist.

Anybody who doesn't agree must be racist too.

So far I see only liberals supporting what MSNBC did.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
It's a play on the fact that there is a lack of diversity in the GOP. Simple as that. Has nothing to do with Dr. Carson.

If you want to argue that it's racist for them to care how many minorities vs whites are in the Republican party, by all means go for it. But don't tell me MSNBC is saying Dr. Carson is blinded by the white, because that's a lie.
Every time a black conservative speaks out Liberals and main stream media attack them like a pack of starving hyenas. I don't blame any black conservative for being silent.

But you didn't explain why they had "blinded by the white"? Was it yet another attempt to put a black conservative down? Of course it was!

Old 03-30-2013, 11:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
Looks to me like an elephant - which is a symbol of the republican party - is after the word "white", possibly indicating that the GOP is "all white".

Since this is not true, and apparently MSNBC does not like Mr. Carson's decidedly conservative views, I would say that they are being racist.
Of course main stream media does not like Dr Carson. They fear that Dr Carson will be an encouragement to black americans and they might even "dare" to do as he did. MSNBC is a racist news channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
Anybody who doesn't agree must be racist too.

So far I see only liberals supporting what MSNBC did.

So true. During the election Chris Matthews asked a young kid (I would guess in his 20's) who he was voting for and when the kid said Romney, Matthews called him a racist and went on the attack.

Anytime I am flipping through channels I noticed they never have blacks on there. It's always white people. If that is not true then it must be my timing but it is something I noticed.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:56 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Of course main stream media does not like Dr Carson. They fear that Dr Carson will be an encouragement to black americans and they might even "dare" to do as he did. MSNBC is a racist news channel.
So you want Black Americans to follow Ben Carsons advice and go around telling other black americans that they dont think for themselves, and that gay marriage = bestiality, and not to believe in evolution.

Ok, got it...good thing MSNBC is inquiring into Ben Carson's "advice".

Its funny that the one time Ben Carson appeared on MSNBC, it was to apologize for his insulting remarks on Hannity/FoxNews

Old 03-31-2013, 02:00 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Anytime I am flipping through channels I noticed they never have blacks on there. It's always white people. If that is not true then it must be my timing but it is something I noticed.
What? Seriously? You do know that there are more high-profile Republicans on MSNBC than Democrats on FoxNews, right?

Heck MSNBC starts off its day with Morning Joe, a much watched program headlined by an establishment Republican.

Michael Steele (black), former RNC chair, is on at almost every hour...you cant miss him.

Steve Schmidt makes regular appearances.

David Gregory of Meet The Press holds water for the GOP every chance he gets..

And then we have Mr. covert Republican Chuck Todd who is always itching to get his inner Republican out..

And there are many more examples...

Old 03-31-2013, 06:05 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
So you want Black Americans to follow Ben Carsons advice and go around telling other black americans that they dont think for themselves, and that gay marriage = bestiality, and not to believe in evolution.

Ok, got it...good thing MSNBC is inquiring into Ben Carson's "advice".

Its funny that the one time Ben Carson appeared on MSNBC, it was to apologize for his insulting remarks on Hannity/FoxNews
Boy talk about twisting Carson's words this one takes the cake! He didn't say that all blacks don't think for themselves. He was just saying for example that many just blindly vote Democrat without researching the issues and making sure that the candidate/party has their best interests at heart. He did not equate gay marriage to beastiality either! He was just saying that therere groups that would like to change the meaning of a traditional marriage. I swear is there any honestly left by liberals anymore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies