Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 11:33 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Yes it is my business. IMHO it's state sponsored murder!
Then, in order to suit you, how do you expect the government to force all pregnant women not to get an abortion. Would passing a law requiring all pregnant women to give birth work good enough for you?

Old 04-01-2013, 11:34 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
So, why did you throw in the argument about using birth control? It's irrelevant. If a woman has sex, whether she uses birth control or not, she's got to be prepared for the consequences. And consequences means punishment in this scenario. And a major punishment. Because being pregnant means being sick, means having to buy new clothes, new shoes, means swollen feet and ankles, means visiting a doctor regularly, means backaches, and frequent urination, means potential blood pressure and diabetes problems, and so on. But hey, she chose to have sex, right?
I don't think you're going to get sympathy from that poster. He's a man, what does he know?

Old 04-01-2013, 11:39 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If you are so concerned for those poor fetuses you should be doing more. You want more children thrown into an already overflowing, and broken system. You want more children thrown into the welfare system, You want more children thrown into an already broken school system.

Let's look at the numbers.
1 million abortions last year.
IF only half gave the child up for adoption, that would mean 500,000 additional children in the system.
There are approximately 150,000 adoptions a year. Some from out of the country, and some inter-family.
There are currently about 400,000 children in the system now.
Who's going to take in these other children?

NOW, let's assume that half of these mothers decide to keep the child, but will need government assistance.
That is 500,000 more children and mothers being supported by taxpayers.
Who want's their taxes to go up to pay for more people "on the dole"?

I simply expect each woman to make the best choice for herself, her situation, and her life.

Anyone want to give it a shot? The OP can't do anything but deflect.
And let's not forget that there will be fewer and fewer adoptive couples every year. If they have their baby, they're not going to adopt another one every single year. The number of babies will outpace the number of people wanting to adopt them in a very short time.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
With all due respect if you believe in God. There are numerous teachings in Scripture that make it abundantly clear what God’s view of abortion is. Jeremiah 1:5 tells us that God knows us before He forms us in the womb. Psalm 139:13-16 speaks of God’s active role in our creation and formation in the womb. Exodus 21:22-25 prescribes the same penalty—death—for someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb as for someone who commits murder. This clearly indicates that God considers a baby in the womb to be as human as a full-grown adult. For the Christian, abortion is not a matter of a woman’s right to choose. It is a matter of the life or death of a human being made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26-27; 9:6).

So for the women out there that believe in God. Please reconsider your decision if your thinking of having an abortion.
And so you sit around fervently dreaming of a world where ALL abortion is banned and women who get an abortion, anyway, are put on trial for murder, with life in prison or death as the maximum penalty, if convicted?

Old 04-01-2013, 11:54 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Stop punishing women, lol. How about stop punishing the unborn for the woman's lack of responsibility? Move on with my life? Is that what you say to yourself when an issue/law is important to you to get changed? It is just your opinion that this law will never be changed. I am a fighter not a quitter.
The unborn isn't punished. They can't be denied a life they never had. They've never been born. And miscarriages outnumber abortions, so nature makes the determination that the unborn shouldn't be born much more often than women with unwanted pregnancies make that decision.

You may be a fighter, and I applaud that. But direct the fight where it needs to be directed. Listen to women and their reasons. It's not about inconvenience. It's about their whole lives. Pass laws that mean that pregnancy isn't a cost and a burden to women, that their futures aren't harmed, that their children will always be fed and sheltered and cared for. Address the reasons WHY women would choose abortion. Fight FOR women, instead of fighting with women, and you'll get the results you want.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:56 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Troll thread.

If you had any interest in hearing what women have to say you wouldn't start out by calling it murder.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Again, we're not talking about some minor operation. We're talking about the murder of a human being which is my business.
Then if it most certainly is your business, how do you propose using force to stop a woman from getting an abortion?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Who want's their taxes to go up to pay for more people "on the dole"?

I simply expect each woman to make the best choice for herself, her situation, and her life.
Then I would expect you to make for quite a tyrannical dictator in your little kingdom.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then I would expect you to make for quite a tyrannical dictator in your little kingdom.
Expecting people to choose for themselves what is best for them is tyrannical?
Seriously?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
God's law makes it my moral business. And the man upstairs scares me more than you!
So you wish you could prove just how pro life and pro GOD you can be by putting to death every woman who gets an abortion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies