Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 12:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

If you are so concerned for those poor fetuses you should be doing more. You want more children thrown into an already overflowing, and broken system. You want more children thrown into the welfare system, You want more children thrown into an already broken school system.

Let's look at the numbers.
1 million abortions last year.
IF only half gave the child up for adoption, that would mean 500,000 additional children in the system.
There are approximately 150,000 adoptions a year. Some from out of the country, and some inter-family.
There are currently about 400,000 children in the system now.
Who's going to take in these other children?

NOW, let's assume that half of these mothers decide to keep the child, but will need government assistance.
That is 500,000 more children and mothers being supported by taxpayers.
Who want's their taxes to go up to pay for more people "on the dole"?

I simply expect each woman to make the best choice for herself, her situation, and her life.

Anyone want to give it a shot? The OP can't do anything but deflect.

You guys haven't come up with a response to this yet?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:25 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Mr. XX, Mr.XXX, Dr. X, Dr.XX, DR. XXX, Dr. Who, Hawkeye 2009, JT800.

Anymore?

Now where have I heard the above line BEFORE?

Oh yeah ... right HERE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
OMG...I've been accused of being Hawkeye, JT800, Mr.X, Dr.X...give me a break...
Does anybody still think the OP (the mask) is not former member known as Mr.XXX ?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
You shouldn't be using such big words if replying to the OP, they probably do not understand what they mean. +1 for you.
It doesn't matter, as it conveniently won't be addressed.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:26 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
I can understand if a pregnancy is life threatening but other than that why would one choose an abortion.

There're so many couples out there that would love to adopt a child so why choose legalized murder!
There are plenty of babies in the system who haven't been adopted.

Why aren't people jumping to adopt these babies? Likely because they're the wrong ethnicity.

They'll go all the way to Russia or China to adopt before they take a parentless American child.

It's not a baby if it can't live outside the womb.

Abort while it's a collection of cells organizing to have the potential to become a fetus which will potentially become a baby if it's born.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:27 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
God's law makes it my moral business. And the man upstairs scares me more than you!
Got anything other than your imagination proving that there's a god thingie?
Nope?
Didn't think so.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It is just my opinion and we have the right to seek changes to laws that we don't agree with. As long as it is a law on the books I can't tell someone they can't have it. I am just expressing my opinion that I think it is morally wrong to do so. No need for any hostility. It is a difference of opinion.
we should never legislate morality.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The OP joined 3 days ago, and has started 32 new threads already.

Previously he was called "Mr. XXX".

Then rejoined as "Dr. No".

Now calls himself "the mask".
Seriously? 32 threads? That is a LOT.

Makes me go, hmmmm.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:39 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Seriously? 32 threads? That is a LOT.

Makes me go, hmmmm.
Read my post in red above.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:44 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're getting ridiculous now! If I don't believe in killing the unborn why would I want women to be killed? Murder is murder isn't it?
the 5th amendment of the US Constitution states:

Quote:
No person...[n]or be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;..."
That is why we have a federal death penalty [Tim McVeigh] and states have the right to execute...[James Holmes] McVeigh murdered, the Feredal government executed.

The abortion issue has been duly ajudicated. Abortion is lawful.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:46 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You need to get better info:

On September 30, 2004, 518,000 children were in the U.S. foster care system. Most children are placed in foster care temporarily due to parental abuse or neglect.
Of those :
About 40,000 infants are placed in foster care every year.

40 percent of foster children are white; 34 are black; 18 percent are Hispanic.

Facts on Foster Care in America - ABC News

The Majority of Children Leaving Foster Care Return to Their Birth Parents
<A class=regular_text>Nearly sixty percent of the 251,000 children who exited foster care in 1999 were reunited with their birth parents. About one fifth were adopted or placed with a permanent guardian. Of those children who were adopted, 64% were adopted by a foster parent and 16% by a relative.[6]
There are children that age out of the system every year. These children are never adopted.
If the anti choicers care so much for the children, why are there children that age out?

In 2008 there were 135,813 adoptions.
41% were public.
46% inter-country
13%other.
https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/ad...age=8&view=Fit

Quote:
There are over 550,000 children in foster care in the United States.

Children of color outnumber white children in foster care. Of the children in foster care:
39% were Black non-Hispanic;
34% were White non-Hispanic;
17% were Hispanic;
2% were American Indian/Alaskan Native;
1% Asian/Pacific Islander; and
7% were of unknown or other racial/ethnic background.

The average (mean) age of children in foster care was 9.9 years. The average (mean) length of time that children had been in foster care was 32 months.

Children Needing Families

The United States Department of Health and Human Services estimates that as many as 127,000 children in foster care needed adoptive families. The ethnic backgrounds of these children are as follows:
42% were African American
32% were White
15% were Hispanic
1% were Native American/Alaskan Native
1% were Asian/Pacific Islander
8% were of unknown/unable to determine ethnic backgrounds

The average mean age of children waiting to be adopted is 7.9 years. More than 70% of the children are under the age of 11.

The mean length of time that these children have been in foster care is 44 months.
Learn About Children Waiting for Adoption

Where are all of those who want to adopt these children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies