Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2013, 06:32 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,249,648 times

Advertisements

Nobody knows what the Zim did after Trayvon discovered he was being followed by a fake cop, was there a verbal confrontation? Was there a pushing, shoving match? Too bad the witness is dead and can't defend himself.

Part of the problem, the police department bungled/destroyed evidence.
Forensics would be able to tell if Trayvon was shot at point blank range e.g. powder burns to clothing/skin/blood spatter on Zim, or from a distance. If Trayvon was shot at a distance, that would indicate that Trayvon was shot after the said scuffle with Zim. In other words, Zim might have been so mad, so incensed for losing the scuffle, he shot Trayvon in a fit of rage.

If Trayvon was shot point blank, Zim would have blood spatter evidence on himself and his clothing.

Last edited by NoJiveMan; 04-06-2013 at 06:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 06:51 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,758,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
In fact, it's totally absurd to let your son's death, by an irresponsible individual acting on behalf of a condo Neighborhood Watch association, go unnoticed. A million dollars isn't really all that much these days. Hopefully it was enough to get the attention of insurance companies who insure HOAs. There is nothing "low" at all about suing in a wrongful death case. THIS was clearly a wrongful death. As someone else said, though, I'm sure they'd much rather have their son back than the money.
They could have waited until after the trial, but they took the money and run. I wonder when they last visited their sons grave?

Old 04-06-2013, 06:53 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,687,569 times
Good news: Huffpo is still running the innocent 12 year old in a white hoodie picture.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:03 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,249,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
They could have waited until after the trial, but they took the money and run. I wonder when they last visited their sons grave?

How do you know what the family did with the money? Why would you care?

Why are you trying to agitate/flame other members sympathetic towards a gunned down teen's parents?

What would you want if your child was gunned down, besides justice? Isn't that what Americans do? Sue for wrongful death? Somehow you're against this because you believe it's frivolous?

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-06-2013 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 04-06-2013, 07:11 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Sorry to the OP, but I always suspect people who can be bought off with money. Now they will shut up about Travon's killing. You'll never hear another word from them.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:18 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,735,744 times
Trayvon's dad won't have much left after his 5 baby mommas come after him.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:18 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,107 times
I don't begrudge the parents for suing and collecting, but the HOA/insurer decision to settle had to be based on something other than liability, because there's no way it was liable for gz killing tm.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:21 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,344,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Taught him what?
High school subjects at Carol City Sr High or Michael Krop Sr. High, the two high schools that Trayvon attended.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:23 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't begrudge the parents for suing and collecting, but the HOA/insurer decision to settle had to be based on something other than liability, because there's no way it was liable for gz killing tm.
Plus there is a very limited value on a teen's life. Sad and cold but true. I know that first hand because my wife's younger brother was killed at 14 years old in a car accident by a wreckless driver in a commercial truck. Even with the trucking company's deep pockets they barely got enough to bury him. And pain and suffering is something that is rarely awarded.

This was a PR thing, the only reason they got this much money and they agreed to not say another word on it I guarantee you. They took money and didn't really care about "justice for Trayvon"

Old 04-06-2013, 07:38 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,687,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I suspect they settled to make it go away. The HOA is in no way responsible. Just another frivolous lawsuit settled because settling was the easy way out. Insurance pays, every is happy. It would be funny if the insurance company turned around and sued the Martins.

Funny, everybody is guessing at the amount. If they don't know, they should not be guessing. It might have been $1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies