Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 AM

470 posts, read 438,905 times

Advertisements

Teacher fed up with the social progressive indoctrination of our children.

Teacher’s resignation letter: ‘My profession … no longer exists’

Old 04-10-2013, 05:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Any teacher with 20+ years will say the same.
But the new teachers, which are the products of this changed system, are all gung ho to teach it and think it's great.

So it's just a matter of waiting it out until all the older teachers have left.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:59 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,399,188 times
More and more parents are doing whatever they must to remove their children from the public education system.

Good for them!

Old 04-10-2013, 06:00 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,463,584 times

Yeah, they are "indoctrinating" them into critical thinking, facts and reality. So terrible

Not that the article every uses the word indoctrination even once, and it's about knowledge for standardized tests over real learning.

Something that really came to a head as a result of No Child Left Behind, not passed by Clinton or Obama...

Old 04-10-2013, 06:01 AM

This article should be moved to the education forum where all the unionized public school teachers can lecture us parents on how we don't understand anything about the education system and the evils of private schools.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post

Yeah, they are indoctrinating them into critical thinking, facts and reality. So terrible
Those are the talking points. Where does critical thinking come in when K-12 is full of "multiple choice" answers ?

In 10 year of NCLB the US has gone from #18 in Math to #36 in Math in PISA scores.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:04 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
I don't see any hint of her complaint being "Indoctrination Camps." That is your agenda.

What the teacher was actually complaining about is stated in this paragraph:

Quote:
I now find that this approach to my profession is not only devalued, but denigrated and perhaps, in some quarters despised. STEM rules the day and “data driven” education seeks only conformity, standardization, testing and a zombie-like adherence to the shallow and generic Common Core, along with a lockstep of oversimplified so-called Essential Learnings. Creativity, academic freedom, teacher autonomy, experimentation and innovation are being stifled in a misguided effort to fix what is not broken in our system of public education and particularly not at Westhill.
That's not indoctrination, that's the new fad of endless testing, which then drives teaching to the test and a bland curriculum.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post

Yeah, they are "indoctrinating" them into critical thinking, facts and reality. So terrible

Not that the article every uses the word indoctrination even once, and it's about knowledge for standardized tests over real learning.

Suspending 7 year olds for making pop tart guns is apparently the liberal notion of critical thinking.

A law to protect Pop-Tart guns - Rosenwald, Md. - The Washington Post

The public education system in this country is run by a gaggle of intolerant, petty leftists who don't know the first thing about critical thinking.

I've said it a thousand times before because it is true, parents with the financial means to opt out of the public system and send their kids to private schools always do.

4,738 posts, read 4,437,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Teacher fed up with the social progressive indoctrination of our children.

Teacher’s resignation letter: ‘My profession … no longer exists’
One crazy teacher out of a few million in the united states and you . . .

I mean seriously. . .

Techer wasn't too fed up, he retired (i..e benefits) and wants to substitute teach

so much for him being "fed up"

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
This article should be moved to the education forum where all the unionized public school teachers can lecture us parents on how we don't understand anything about the education system and the evils of private schools.
I'll bet most of those union thug teachers don't even have kids, which renders their opinions especially unwarranted in telling you how to raise your kids. The only thing worse than that army of people correcting your parenting are the people correcting your parenting who belong to teachers' unions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies