Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:13 AM

288 posts, read 230,763 times

Advertisements

My status is true no matter what ya think. He wasn't a great player he was merely the first black in white baseball...there were other black players MUCH better than him.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 AM

288 posts, read 230,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Which we now just call baseball where your talents matter more than skin color....but people like you wish we could go back to our racist separate ways and return to whites only sports.
How in the hell is being separate racist? You going to call a black person that wants the same thing racist? I doubt it. You keep seeing racists behind every corner if you like.No sweat off my back.

19,792 posts, read 13,943,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
How was there discrimination? Blacks had their own league...Some good players in that league as well...It is propaganda its to do nothing but make gullible white people feel guilty about something they had nothing with them.
The fact that blacks had their own league and were cut out of the major league is proof of discrimination.

See below. Are you saying there was no discrimination because both races had their own water fountain?

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
I think you know the deal with Jackie Robinson and the cost it took on our leagues. I'm not gonna care about one dude who cost us as a people much more. Go see the movie and praise your hero, not me.

Being back the black baseball leagues, keep all the other crap.
Cost to "our leagues?" You missing the whites only sports? Hate seeing those non-whites play better?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
My status is true no matter what ya think. He wasn't a great player he was merely the first black in white baseball...there were other black players MUCH better than him.
Ignorance doesn't generate facts because it's repeated either, you demonstrate that very well..

1,883 posts, read 2,520,641 times
Quote:
What about Babe Ruth? He was great. He held the record for most home runs until Barry Steroid Bonds broke it. Show me Robinson's stats and then we can compare him against other great players.

I see nothing wrong with it nope. You seem to have dictator like tendencies in wanting to force people to do things together when they don't want to. So much for freedom and free will...

Actually Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's record, and I think it's safe to say that not only was Hank Aaron a great player (and an underrated outfielder who had a gun for an arm, but no one ever talks about) but he did it without steroids.

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
You must enjoy the way things are now..everyone forced together even though they don't want to be. good way to foster hate among everyone...but hey! As long as the social engineers get what they want and turn America into a mixing pot who cares if everyone doesn't get along!
I just don't live in a white only bubble like you seem to wish for. You are such an idiot, I am guessing it wont take long for you to be banned for this type of racist garbage. I am sure there is a whites only forum you could be posting on.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,105,903 times
Quote:
How in the hell is being separate racist? You going to call a black person that wants the same thing racist? I doubt it. You keep seeing racists behind every corner if you like.No sweat off my back.

And, I suppose getting arrested for drinking out of the white water fountain and sitting in a white area in a diner was no big deal either. And I suppose Rosa Parks was being uppity because she refused to give up her seat on the bus to a white man.

Yep, those were the good old days. The darkies knew their place back then. None of this equal rights crap. I mean, really, where did all that stuff come from?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:18 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,943,485 times
Quote:
From Brown v. Board of Ed:

Quote:
the doctrine of "separate but equal" has no place. Separate educational facilities are inherently unequal.
the same is true for ball clubs.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:18 AM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The movie is promoted as "don't play the game, change the game."

What does "change the game" mean?

People who were good baseball players drive the success of the major leagues.

A lot of good baseball players in major league baseball happen to be black people.

Jackie Robinson was a good baseball player.

80% of baseball fans today most likely watched their first baseball game after Doby Gray and Jackie Robinson first played and during a time when black baseball players were a league fixture.

What is the point of the movie, 42?

Jackie Robinson and Dobie Gray accomplished what they did.

Why make a big deal about it?

Very few people alive find black baseball players unusual.

How come we can't "judge people not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character?"
It's important to understand history and where it got us today. Anyone not grasping this has my extreme pity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies