Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 12:44 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The strongest group yet to speak are just getting geared up.

Moms’ Gun Control Ad Cites Dangers of ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ - ABC News

“I’m hoping…our legislators see that we are very, very serious about this. That we are in this for the long haul and that there will be a political price to pay if legislators don’t pay attention to moms pleas for change, for new and stronger gun laws,” Watt said.

“Moms aren’t going away on gun issues.”
If this group is so strong, how many members do they have? I checked the website and strangely enough I could not find anything. I wonder howamy members they would have if membership cost money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 12:46 PM

335 posts, read 517,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If this group is so strong, how many members do they have? I checked the website and strangely enough I could not find anything. I wonder howamy members they would have if membership cost money?
Don't worry, I'm sure the DnC is working on a free ObummaPhone gimme for new members as we speak...

Old 04-15-2013, 12:46 PM

59,018 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Yes, but he's busy shilling for the NRA and telling everyone that his son would still be alive if only the little one had been packing.
So people shouldn't be allowed to have a different views

"that his son would still be alive if only the little one had been packing." I haven't seen that. Do you have a video?

Old 04-16-2013, 06:42 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,966 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
U
Apparently you've been out of the loop because your numbers are way off.....

Quote:
Only 30% of Americans own guns (this means 60% of Americans could care less about guns.)
you are wrong about those who don't own guns. Many of them support their second amendment right eve though they don't exercise it....

Quote:
90% of Americans want strict criminal background checks
last I checked, that number was at 86% and dropping.

Quote:
Over 60% of Americans want an assault weapons ban.
LOL, it was never at 60%, not even right after the shooting at Newtown. Latest polls show it went from 52% to 42%, probly because people are waking up to the fact that it would be ineffective.

Polls suggest Congress might have waited too long on gun control - CNN.com
Quote:

Many police officers want assault weapons banned.
Really? I think you had better have a look at this:
http://ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net/p1_gunsurveysummary_2013.pdf

According to this survey, a staggering 85% of police say an AWB would have zero effect on crime. The only police that support these measures are the police chiefs, appointed, not elected, who have to cow tow to those bureaucrats that's appointed them. Sherrifs on the other hand, have come out in strong numbers against all of these policies.

Quote:
And most industrialized countries have strict gun control laws.
We are not most countries, we are America, love it or leave it.

Quote:
Any person who realizes that the majority of voters control Americas laws, should be worried about the above facts one day coming together, and threatening Americas legal gun culture.
I'm not worried at all. Did you ever wonder why congress is so hesitant to enact new gun laws, even in the face of public polls showing support for it? It's because for most Liberal Dems, while they may feel strongly on the issue, gun policy isn't really a voting issue for them. With conservatives, everything else can be right, but if they are hostile to gun owners, we'll vote them out right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I have a perfect right to give up any and all constitutional rights, including the 2nd amendment right. You don't think I have that right? I guess my citizenship should be denied because of this? Do you seriously think you can FORCE people to own a gun? Good luck with that one.

Plus, do I have the right to bar any "legal gun owner" to set foot in my home with their guns? Your rights end where mine begin.
That last part that's bolded at the end there is exactly right, your rights end where mine begin, so if you want to give up your second amendment rights, by all means, that's your choice. However, you do not have the right to give mine away as well as your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Yes, but he's busy shilling for the NRA and telling everyone that his son would still be alive if only the little one had been packing.
Oh.... oh..... so I guess since he doesn't fall in line with the others who are currently parading around in Washington at my expense, his opinion doesn't count. LOL, you libs are a hoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The strongest group yet to speak are just getting geared up.

Moms’ Gun Control Ad Cites Dangers of ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ - ABC News

“I’m hoping…our legislators see that we are very, very serious about this. That we are in this for the long haul and that there will be a political price to pay if legislators don’t pay attention to moms pleas for change, for new and stronger gun laws,” Watt said.

“Moms aren’t going away on gun issues.”
Good luck.....

Old 04-17-2013, 07:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
Well so much for gun bans now that we have the attack in Boston. Who's going to be heading up the call to ban pressure cookers or regulate them? Registration upon purchase for any cooker that's over 1 quart? Maybe permits required for any large cookers? Certainly ID required for any purchase of any cooker or cooker parts.
Not making light of what happened in Boston, if you think about it what's the difference between them? Both tools with a purpose, both can be used for evil or good and both have been used to kill and maim people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies