Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 10:58 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
FOX News Channel too.
Not yesterday. While all but CBS were reporting the arrest, Megyn Kelly said, "We have had one law enforcement source verify the arrest, but we haven't been able to get confirmation from any one else. Other stations are saying they have multiple sources and are reporting the arrest as fact. CBS is saying no arrest. We don't know, and we want to let you know that we don't feel comfortable reporting this as fact with only one law enforcement confirming it. We are working on it and will let you know."

And I thought, man that's weak. The libs will jump on this and say law enforcement won't talk to Fox any more, ha ha.

Turned out they were right not to report as fact. And she acknowledged their website reported it and then removed it. After the way everything turned out, Fox and CBS were the responsible ones.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:01 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Not yesterday. While all but CBS were reporting the arrest, Megyn Kelly said, "We have had one law enforcement source verify the arrest, but we haven't been able to get confirmation from any one else. Other stations are saying they have multiple sources and are reporting the arrest as fact. CBS is saying no arrest. We don't know, and we want to let you know that we don't feel comfortable reporting this as fact with only one law enforcement confirming it. We are working on it and will let you know."

And I thought, man that's weak. The libs will jump on this and say law enforcement won't talk to Fox any more, ha ha.

Turned out they were right not to report as fact. And she acknowledged their website reported it and then removed it. After the way everything turned out, Fox and CBS were the responsible ones.
No, Fox said multiple times that an arrest had been made. It was all over their website.

EDIT: It's still up on their twitter page

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 22h
#BREAKING NEWS: http://FoxNews.com confirms arrest made in deadly #Boston Marathon bombing http://fxn.ws/YSLNGJ

Old 04-18-2013, 11:04 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
No, Fox said multiple times that an arrest had been made. It was all over their website
Did you read my post? I said that the anchor acknowledged it was on their website, but that they only had one source confirmation, so she didn't feel comfortable reporting it as fact. She said the company that ran their website did report it, and then later said they had taken it down. I said that in the first post.
I watched the coverage and posted what was said on TV above.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Did you read my post? I said that the anchor acknowledged it was on their website, but that they only had one source confirmation, so she didn't feel comfortable reporting it as fact. She said the company that ran their website did report it, and then later said they had taken it down. I said that in the first post.
I watched the coverage and posted what was said on TV above.
Meghan Kelly also confirmed the arrest on TV, and then had to backtrack later on.

Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Identified, According to Boston Globe | Fox News Insider

1:56p ET: Megyn Kelly reports that an arrest has been made.

2:21p ET: Megyn Kelly reports that according to other sources, no one is in custody and an arrest has not yet been made.

I'll find the video, because I watched them discuss it for a good 20 minutes

Old 04-18-2013, 11:08 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Add MSNBC, The Daily KOS, Mother Jones, Huffington Post, The Onion, to the list while you're at it. About the only one you might want to rethink about is The National Enquirer. They have broken some stories before and put many major urban papers to shame. And don't be too quick to blame the media for inaccuracies.... when its the feds who are feeding them the misinformation.

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I didn't read through everything from last night, but I've read enough, and thanks for injecting some sanity in this discussion.

If the Saudi kid is leaving the country, what source beyond FOX and Glenn Beck claim he's being deported? I have a 20 year old son. If he had been a victim of a bombing, had severe burns, and if he had been detained in a foreign country on suspicion of being a terrorist, even if he was released because they decided he was innocent, I'd want his backside on the first plane home.

What SANE PARENT wouldn't get their kid out of the country under those circumstances as quickly as they could?

OF COURSE the Saudi Embassy was involved. That's what you do when you're arrested or have problems in a foreign country--you call your embassy. I'm sure his parents were frantic, and they got the embassy involved as quickly as they could to expedite his trip home.

Even FOX and Glenn Beck are saying that it's a "cover story" that he's going home to be with his family. Good freaking grief--it sounds like the truth to me.
I hope you realize that your post will not register with some people. It makes too much sense!!!

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
Quote:

Update 2:58 p.m.: CNN has now completely walked back their original report that an arrest has been made. (The AP and Fox News, however, appear to be sticking to their stories for the moment.) Shortly after the Boston Police Department came out with a rather definitive statement:

More

Old 04-18-2013, 11:09 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
But you don't condemn FOX News for spewing the same crap they heard from CNN....shouldn't they check the facts before reporting as well?
I didn't watch Fox News yesterday (or any day for that matter) and so was not in a position to comment on their reporting. I was watching CNN and so had first hand information about their shabby handling of so called "facts" yesterday.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:10 AM

News Outlets Run With False Boston Arrest Story - YouTube

Clips of the news orgs reporting the arrest (including CNN and Fox)

Old 04-18-2013, 11:11 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The blind leading the blind. Dumb and Dumber.
>>> We're talking about news organizations here, not the Obama Administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies