Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 10:11 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,269,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomalak View Post
People need to stop quoting the NY Post and The Daily Maul (Mail). They are both tabloids, not serious publications. I expect highcotton to quote a Weekly World News article stating that Batboy is the bomber.
This. ^^

Old 04-18-2013, 10:15 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,790,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post
Alex Jones is just repeating what he heard on Hannity. Some guest was, I believe a former govt official that had been told by an unnamed source that is a Senior Immigration Official about the deportation.

I saw it live flipping thru the news last night, and they prefaced it with "this is going to make news"

Could be nonsense or truth, but Alex Jones is simply repeating what was on Fox/Hannity.
The blind leading the blind. Dumb and Dumber.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,216,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
if he was hurt also maybe he wanted to be close to relatives thru his recovery.
I didn't read through everything from last night, but I've read enough, and thanks for injecting some sanity in this discussion.

If the Saudi kid is leaving the country, what source beyond FOX and Glenn Beck claim he's being deported? I have a 20 year old son. If he had been a victim of a bombing, had severe burns, and if he had been detained in a foreign country on suspicion of being a terrorist, even if he was released because they decided he was innocent, I'd want his backside on the first plane home.

What SANE PARENT wouldn't get their kid out of the country under those circumstances as quickly as they could?

OF COURSE the Saudi Embassy was involved. That's what you do when you're arrested or have problems in a foreign country--you call your embassy. I'm sure his parents were frantic, and they got the embassy involved as quickly as they could to expedite his trip home.

Even FOX and Glenn Beck are saying that it's a "cover story" that he's going home to be with his family. Good freaking grief--it sounds like the truth to me.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:41 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,208,607 times
Jeebus ElRushbo isn't even buying into this Saudi National kid's deportation!

Old 04-18-2013, 10:43 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,128,400 times
besides, deportation is not something that happens right away. USCIS and ICE are not going to deport the kid specially if he is going to be charged, so quickly.

Calm down villagers.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:43 AM

39,889 posts, read 26,562,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomalak View Post
People need to stop quoting the NY Post and The Daily Maul (Mail). They are both tabloids, not serious publications. I expect highcotton to quote a Weekly World News article stating that Batboy is the bomber.
Unfortunately, you can add CNN to that list.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
FOX News Channel too.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:49 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,825,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yeah. To say their reporting yesterday was incorrect is an understatement of mammoth proportions. They should be embarrassed. Of course, it the ratings were good, they'd more likely be high-fiving and celebrating.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:54 AM

88 posts, read 94,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
FOX News Channel too.
Add them all to the list. I've never been so disgusted with our media. All clamoring to get the scoop, the skinny, the inside track by throwing everything they can against the wall, hoping something sticks. CNN has really sunk to a new low after this incident. Typically in the past I've been willing to give them a pass because they aren't as blatantly in favor of one side or the other like Fox and MSNBC are, but instead they're just hopelessy wreckless, unable to distinguish between fact and rumor.

Honestly, I miss the days when we didn't have a 24 hour news cycle, where news was simply delivered by men and women who staked their entire reputation and credibility on getting it right the first time. Now, all we've got are these jokers on the news networks.

And don't even get me started on how badly Twitter has screwed things up...I read a comment the other day that summed it up well, and I'm paraphrasing this of course. It was something like "twitter is at its finest in the first few minutes of a crisis, and its at its worst from that point on."

Old 04-18-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Yeah. To say their reporting yesterday was incorrect is an understatement of mammoth proportions. They should be embarrassed. Of course, it the ratings were good, they'd more likely be high-fiving and celebrating.
But you don't condemn FOX News for spewing the same crap they heard from CNN....shouldn't they check the facts before reporting as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies