Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 11:12 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times

Advertisements

Here's the video, starting with the announcements. She starts out by saying, We're hearing there is an arrest, but the sources are coming in one by one and that's never a good thing with reporting. Other networks are reporting this, but bear with us as we try to confirm

Conflicting reports on possible arrest in Boston bombing | Fox News Video

Old 04-18-2013, 11:17 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Here's the video, starting with the announcements. She starts out by saying, We're hearing there is an arrest, but the sources are coming in one by one and that's never a good thing with reporting. Other networks are reporting this, but bear with us as we try to confirm

I just linked the video where she confirms the arrest. The video you're linking happened prior to her officially confirming. Then then discussed it for approx 30 min and retracted the confirmation of the arrest.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
Quote:

There is no specific video linked to, there are many videos at your link.

ETA: Found it, NoScript had it blocked.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:20 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Update 2:58 p.m.: CNN has now completely walked back their original report that an arrest has been made. (The AP and Fox News, however, appear to be sticking to their stories for the moment.) Shortly after the Boston Police Department came out with a rather definitive statement:

More
From your link:

Quote:
Contrary to widespread reporting, no arrest has been made in connection with the Boston Marathon attack. Over the past day and a half, there have been a number of press reports based on information from unofficial sources that has been inaccurate. Since these stories often have unintended consequences, we ask the media, particularly at this early stage of the investigation, to exercise caution and attempt to verify information through appropriate official channels before reporting.
Unofficial source could be the freakin mailboy. I just don't understand where the press gets their "sources". But I'd like to know how much they pay them.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:20 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,658 times
FBI will most likely release the pics this afternoon.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:22 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
I am telling you, LE needs to clear him publicly before one of the "patriots" with guns acts on his/her rage.
>>>> Or he might just get robbed and shot by an Obama "supporter" acting on HIS rage. Oops, that sounded incredibly bigoted, too.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:23 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I just linked the video where she confirms the arrest. The video you're linking happened prior to her officially confirming. Then then discussed it for approx 30 min and retracted the confirmation of the arrest.
Your video is from MSNBC, and it's the first 5 seconds of the same video I posted. She said "We're hearing an arrest has been made" and then they cut it off before she explains that they only heard it from one source and bear with them while they confirm.
Seriously, put down the MSBNC remote and watch the actual reporting.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:23 AM

88 posts, read 94,114 times
Can't we all just agree that all of the media outlets being discussed sucked it up big time yesterday? Good lord, the way some of you defend them I'd think you drew a paycheck from them...

Old 04-18-2013, 11:24 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
The police should just arrest someone now. It's getting boring.
Whom would you prefer ... a large Black man or someone wearing a turban or burka?

No kidding .. when I said to a neighbor that nobody knows who is responsible for this heinous act of terror, he said "probably a Muslim." It was so easy for people to believe a "large Black man" mutilated the face of a young woman in 2008. Now anyone who prays in a mosque is a criminal! In WWII Germany it was the Jews. In the U.S. fear caused us to put innocent Japanese-Americans in camps. Things don't change much, do they?

Old 04-18-2013, 11:25 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Your video is from MSNBC, and it's the first 5 seconds of the same video I posted. She said "We're hearing an arrest has been made" and then they cut it off before she explains that they only heard it from one source and bear with them while they confirm.
Seriously, put down the MSBNC remote and watch the actual reporting.
My video is not from MSNBC. It's from a Youtube news chaneel.

It is showing MSNBCs false report along with all the others - including Fox. Meghan did say that for about 5 minutes before they went into full discussion of the confirmed arrest. The entire time with a huge red banner says "FOX CONFIRMS ARREST MADE". Cmon now.

If you rewatch both videos - you will see that the clip I posted is NOT the first 5 seconds of the video you posted. She is saying totally different things in each video. Your clip is the discussion PRIOR to the clip I posted

I don't watch MSNBC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies