Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 10:29 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,020,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
People who donated blood probally never expected that it would go to him.
Well, probably not, but that's how medicine works. It was pounded into our heads in nursing school to be "nonjudgmental" about our patients. Besides, we want him to live so he can talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why do you want to deny the fact that most acts of terror are carried out by young Muslim male extremists?
Not in the US they're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
For the two posts above, they can only catch the ones they frame. Real threats seem to be too much to handle until something happens. They pretty much ignored all of the 9/11 individuals as well.

They forget the bombers and fighter jets...they needed tactical support from above.

Their reaction was extremely weird and seemed like a test. They should have spent more time searching the property around houses and the sewers instead of forcing their way into houses. What they did is in a legal gray area. I would love to see an individual or individuals challenge law enforcements actions in court. There needs to be more talk about their failed methods.

LOL...

I don't agree with banning them from trying to become an American, there just needs to be better monitoring of individuals in these communities. The same type of monitoring should occur in other hate groups and gangs and the areas or ethnic communities that would support certain groups.

Anyways, I would like to say that I was listening to this live on a police scanner (which was cool...no middle man i.e. media) and I am amazed they got him alive. The way they were talking I was thinking he was going to bleed out or commit suicide.

Talk about opposites, I thought they would find him dead in a sewer instead they found him alive in a boat. I still think this is embarrassing for the police. They lose him (after they shot him up) and then cannot find him with thousands of men and the bonus of martial law.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:30 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,519,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
No it does not. Is the US military inefficient? Right-wingers would say no.

Now that both sides are trying to fix this "immigration inefficiency", you are still against it...just so to keep your strawman argument of "it wont work" to shield you from your inherent fear of "the others" coming into this country and making it less white?
The military has been in the poorest country on the planet fighting civilians for 13 years and still can't win. It aint efficient.

Where did I once say I was against fixing the immigration problem? And where did I say I cared if the U.S. is less white? I aint even white myself.

What's your problem dude? You keep wanting to make up things about me. What's your problem?

I said the system is inefficient. That means I am fearful of "the others". LMFAO.

Grow up bub, or at least lay off the sauce.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:30 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,513,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Big difference.

People that say we are a country of immigrants are factually incorrect.

And they say it so they can justify illegal aliens being here.

And pretty much every country could say they are a country of immigrants if they go back far enough in history. I guess Iraq would be the only exception.
Agreed.

[just pointing out basic fact]

Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,756,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Actually ... it was the work of all of the law enforcement agencies that figured out who the suspects were, and posted their pictures for everyone to see.

They made it impossible for the guy to escape since they were practically everywhere, and had the entire city locked down.

I believe the lady who called in the boat was just reporting unusual activity on her property.

ya but in the end it was the lady that called in about her boat cover being moved that led to the capture of the creep, not the massive manhunt... fact: the police just minutes before had cleared the area and let the people go outside thinking they searched that area and it was safe.. looks like they did not look under the boat cover...ahhh

Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,247,203 times
I know this is a coincidence, but hmmm....

from CNN comments:

Quote:
>Dzhokhar (last name of the two suspects)
>pronounced Jo-kar
>The Joker from Batman
>James Holmes who did the Batman massacre and thought he was The Joker
>MK ULTRA

Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,484,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
Armored cars, thousands of police and National guard after one 19yo and they act like they just won the war in Europe single handed. LMAO Really, the head line, "we got him" I felt like if it took any longer you would look kind of stupid.
"When I see a parade, I like to sh*t on it."

-Sharkhunter

Old 04-19-2013, 10:33 PM

32,153 posts, read 15,158,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
She called in because she saw blood from what I heard on the door or what have you. Had they not been "locked down" they would have got this clown sooner. Yes he also was outside of the cordoned off area. How did that happen? Donut break?

Ah kuchief, you seem to be the expert. Please tell me what you would have done in this situation. From "what I heard" is pure speculation on your part. It's not a fact.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:35 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,484,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well now we know why the government buys so many bullets.
zing!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:36 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,178,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
It was only two guys. What if there were 10 of them?
I know one manhunt that skimped on resources...didn't turn out too well though...

Quote:
In the early days of the war in Afghanistan. As a 2009 Senate Foreign Relations Committee report found, the Bush administration blew a critical opportunity to capture Bin Laden in 2001. Bin Laden was wounded and on the run, but top Bush national security officials rejected repeated pleas for reinforcements from commanders and intelligence officials fighting the terrorist leader in the caves of Tora Bora, despite the availability of resources:

Fewer than 100 American commandos were on the scene with their Afghan allies and calls for reinforcements to launch an assault were rejected. Requests were also turned down for U.S. troops to block the mountain paths leading to sanctuary a few miles away in Pakistan. The vast array of American military power, from sniper teams to the most mobile divisions of the Marine Corps and the Army, was kept on the sidelines. Instead, the U.S. command chose to rely on airstrikes and untrained Afghan militias.

Even when his own commanders and senior intelligence officials in Afghanistan and Washington argued for dispatching more U.S. troops, [Commanding Gen. Tommy] Franks refused to deviate from the plan.

The report “removes any lingering doubts and makes it clear that Osama bin Laden was within our grasp at Tora Bora,” but that decisions made by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, his deputies, and other top administration officials allowed Bin Laden to escape.
ANALYSIS: Bush's Lackluster Hunt For Bin Laden | ThinkProgress

Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,053,810 times
Then take it up with the boys on the news as that is where I "heard" it. If you have some cold hard facts that you have heard directly from the FBI or Governor please share and verify. If not put a sock in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies