Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 05:08 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Once again.....nobody distributes income.

People earn their worth.

Government redistributes it, but that's another story.
That's not true either.

First, how do you determine their "worth?" Are you basing it on income? Wouldn't that "worth" change depending on their location? Employer?

Does a banker who cheats others to get ahead earn his "worth?"

Does a kid who just takes over the family business earn his "worth?"

I'm curious as to how your determining worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 05:11 AM

977 posts, read 763,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Says the man who doesn't work...

I know poor people who work way harder than other Americans. They are in fact the complete opposite of lazy and might call you so for sitting in an office all day.

Are farmers lazy? Meat packers? Concrete crews?

The way that you try to belittle people is pretty sad.
I don't have to work. I do not need to take money from other people. That is what you and others want done. I have my own money. You support a group of people that rape, riot, assault and loot business' via OWS based on their laziness and failure in life as they blame others.

And the type of workers you mentioned work and get paid well. Make sense. Now go and report this post like you did the others I posited to you. Whiner.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:12 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Says the man who doesn't work...

I know poor people who work way harder than other Americans. They are in fact the complete opposite of lazy and might call you so for sitting in an office all day.

Are farmers lazy? Meat packers? Concrete crews?

The way that you try to belittle people is pretty sad.
There is a difference between working hard and working smart.

People who work every day and provide a living for themselves and their families are not lazy.

However, wages are based on the laws of supply and demand.

If you want a new boat and a vacation home, is it your employers responsibility to provide you with the wages to support that desire?

Or do you make yourself more valuable to someone in order to earn that wage?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:
There is a difference between working hard and working smart.

People who work every day and provide a living for themselves and their families are not lazy.

However, wages are based on the laws of supply and demand.

If you want a new boat and a vacation home, is it your employers responsibility to provide you with the wages to support that desire?

Or do you make yourself more valuable to someone in order to earn that wage?
Your living in the old Economy. This is the new Economy. There's very little mobility for the average worker.

But back to the topic, do you disagree that a more equal income system would be better for business?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:18 AM

Quote:
That's not true either.

First, how do you determine their "worth?" Are you basing it on income? Wouldn't that "worth" change depending on their location? Employer?

Does a banker who cheats others to get ahead earn his "worth?"

Does a kid who just takes over the family business earn his "worth?"

I'm curious as to how your determining worth.
It's easy.

Apply for a job with your current resume' and see what your value is to that employer.

Look at what others in that field are earning.

I don't determine someone's value, they do.

Cheating is unlawful.

I know many, many children of business owners who were raised in that business....sent to university to study business.....started out in a position equal to their ability and then work their way up the chain of command.

A businessman who just hands his business to a kid that is not prepared is the epitome of stupidity and a recipe for disaster.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
I don't have to work. I do not need to take money from other people. That is what you and others want done. I have my own money. You support a group of people that rape, riot, assault and loot business' via OWS based on their laziness and failure in life as they blame others.

And the type of workers you mentioned work and get paid well. Make sense. Now go and report this post like you did the others I posited to you. Whiner.
Those people listed above don't make great money. They work hard, but don't make a lot of money. Especially meat packers.

I make whatever I make. I'm completely self employed at this point and I'm 27. My income ceiling is very high because I do multiple things. I work very, very hard for my money, have taken huge risks, and have no complaints about what my customers pay me.

Notice I said what my customers pay me?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Your living in the old Economy. This is the new Economy. There's very little mobility for the average worker.

But back to the topic, do you disagree that a more equal income system would be better for business?
You are what you think you are.

Things were always the same.

Until you change YOUR thinking, you'll never get to where you want to be.

Nobody owes you a thing.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 AM

Quote:
It's easy.

Apply for a job with your current resume' and see what your value is to that employer.

Look at what others in that field are earning.

I don't determine someone's value, they do.

Cheating is unlawful.

I know many, many children of business owners who were raised in that business....sent to university to study business.....started out in a position equal to their ability and then work their way up the chain of command.

A businessman who just hands his business to a kid that is not prepared is the epitome of stupidity and a recipe for disaster.
Wages have been stagnant nationwide for quite some time now.

What your describing is just shuffling the current marketplace.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Those people listed above don't make great money. They work hard, but don't make a lot of money. Especially meat packers.

I make whatever I make. I'm completely self employed at this point and I'm 27. My income ceiling is very high because I do multiple things. I work very, very hard for my money, have taken huge risks, and have no complaints about what my customers pay me.

Then why do you complain so much?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:
You are what you think you are.

Things were always the same.

Until you change YOUR thinking, you'll never get to where you want to be.

Nobody owes you a thing.

I'm not talking about for myself. However, some of us are worried about the well being of ALL.

I'm looking at the Macro Economy. I want this country to have a strong and healthy future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies