Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 01:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What a load of BS. What makes you think what someone did for a STATE will work NATIONALLY? THAT is where you Lefties lost the argument, if you guys truly believed that a STATE program would work NATIONALLY, then the blame is on the Left, not the Right.

BTW, This ACA was NOT a carbon copy of what R's proposed in the 90's, nor is it a carbon copy of what Romney did. This was dusted off the shelves of a far Left think tank. FACT!!!!!
Sure, whatever you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 01:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I may be a kook, but where have you proved any increase health care cost is not due to cost of living/inflation?

Im a big Kook because I am able to see that ...in my life time...cost of services have contiuously risen. Call me Kookie.

Goof ball me is able to dicern anecdotal theroies with actuall causes.

So if you have anthing other than lame quips to back your claim...come on with it.
Obama said healthcare costs would DROP 3,000%, and used this lie to justify voting for the bill.

So anyone who says "its always climbed" as justification to just excuse whats taking place would indeed be a mindless kook.

Hey, college costs have always climbed, so I guess we shouldnt worry about what it costs to send your kids to school right?

Old 04-19-2013, 01:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Sure it is close to Romney's healthcare plan. The earlier 1990s, Republican plan mandated individuals to buy healthcare..... where does that sound familiar.
Thats a lie. A HANDFUL of Republicans suggested it, and it fell flat on its face. Again, WE HATED IT THEN, so why would we like it now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Don't you find it amusing that Romney never mentioned or focused on his relatively successful state healthcare system during the election? I know it must be hard to hear how Obamacare has it's roots in your Republican party, but it is the truth.
The "Romney" healthcare system would not work for the state, its why he never focused on it. He knew that, but I guess you guys now runing around going "Its a Republican plan", is your way of admitting that its a complete failure, without admitting it.. Man thats sad..

Old 04-19-2013, 02:19 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,341,250 times
Healthcare in this country has already been made so much better because of the affordable care act. Things will only gett better from here on out. Republicans are crying like babies and trying to fear monger from every angle possible, but that doesn't change a thing. NONE of the terrible things Republicans were proposing would happen under this law have happened. They keep crowing about the great collapse that will supposedly happen in 2014, but it is all just fear mongering nonsense.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Healthcare in this country has already been made so much better because of the affordable care act. Things will only gett better from here on out. Republicans are crying like babies and trying to fear monger from every angle possible, but that doesn't change a thing. NONE of the terrible things Republicans were proposing would happen under this law have happened. They keep crowing about the great collapse that will supposedly happen in 2014, but it is all just fear mongering nonsense.
They are clinging to the notion that "it is coming, soon" but all the fears they have will just fester as we as a country pass them by.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:32 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Major correction.......the availabiltyof health care insurance has improved because of the Act for a certain segment of the population....mostly those that had prexisting conditions and some young single adults under 27.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:20 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You missed the fact that this is a direct copy of what Romney did as governor and a healthcare plan that was once brought up by Republicans. The biggest mistake Democrats have made was not running with this idea when the Republicans had their names tattooed all over it because you Cons would of jumped in line and supported this plan.
Completely irrelevant, not to mention whiny. Democrats signed it and passed it without as single Republican vote. What Romney did in Massachusetts is no longer relevant to the subject.

Obamacare- brought to you solely by Democrats. Aren't you proud of yourselves?

Old 04-20-2013, 02:00 PM

7,514 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
That can't be, I had a left wing stooge on these boards tell me last week that "rates have not gone up under Obamacare."
When your on Medicaid your rates never go up... So I can see their point.

I still like my idea where we put everyone who gets freebies in the paper. We list all the cash assistance, free housing, cell phones, food, health care costs etc and total them up. That way all the hard working folks can see who lives off the backs of their hard work. I bet you would see a change in the middle class white and blue collar voters block.

Moonbats did it for legal gun owners so this is a great idea!!

Old 04-20-2013, 06:13 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Completely irrelevant, not to mention whiny. Democrats signed it and passed it without as single Republican vote. What Romney did in Massachusetts is no longer relevant to the subject.

Obamacare- brought to you solely by Democrats. Aren't you proud of yourselves?
And now we have a preview of how Liberals will try to defend Obama when Obamacare fails.

It's Romney's fault LOLOL

Old 04-20-2013, 06:47 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,570,627 times
The mindset and assertions by ACA supporters that 'the benefits to be provided next year will be more generous than this year's level of benefits guarantees that premiums are going to explode next year and in years to come.

The bill mandated the creation of 100+ agencies, bureaus, commissions and other micromanaging paper-shufflers which not only must be paid for, but which also have nothing to do with the providing of healthcare services to anybody.

Their ludicrous assertion that the ACA will introduce competition into the marketplace is also absurd; how is implementing a 2,700+ page bill and the accompanying 15,000+ pages of rules and regulations going to introduce any competition into the marketplace given those staggering administration costs, on top of total inflexibility from Preskident Obama & Sebellius?

Overseeing the installation of the exchanges in many states is another 'unanticipated expense' that this administration failed to account for as well.

There aren't nearly enough Excedrin tablets in every drugstore in America for the Democrats who bamboozled us with this ever-expanding financial trainwreck to have to swallow if and/or when they finally realize what this albatross and/or self-inflicted hangman's noose will do for them come election season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies