Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 AM

28,972 posts, read 30,343,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The United States has become a dumping ground for the problem people of many countries, no questions asked. All they have to do is claim political persecution and they get in, no matter what their record. And that isn't even including those who come here illegally and then become criminals. So its about time somebody at least looks at the situation and asks some questions if we're going about this the right way. Maybe not everyone in DC is completely brain dead.
Background checks seem to be the obsession of the left... but not when it comes to immigration? Or voting, or getting home loans, or being hired, or getting government assistance, or health insurance, or......

This
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 10:57 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,472,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The United States has become a dumping ground for the problem people of many countries, no questions asked. All they have to do is claim political persecution and they get in, no matter what their record. And that isn't even including those who come here illegally and then become criminals. So its about time somebody at least looks at the situation and asks some questions if we're going about this the right way. Maybe not everyone in DC is completely brain dead.
Background checks seem to be the obsession of the left... but not when it comes to immigration? Or voting, or getting home loans, or being hired, or getting government assistance, or health insurance,

or......

I agree with you so much. Would be nice, but the people who should be asking questions, ARE NOT. And yes it would be nice if they did.

I am beginning to think everyone who works in DC are brain dead. Can't tell me they do not know right from wrong, or a better way to find a solution. It is almost as any good solution, they truly don't want to find. So they go with a broken down system, because broken it is.

And Janet women gets on my last nerve, according to her more then half the time, nothing wrong with our immigration system in place. Really Janet?

Old 04-24-2013, 11:58 AM

38,649 posts, read 26,433,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Does it matter if he was 8? If you believe the story being spoon fed to us, which is suspect, then this kid never adopted his new homeland. If anything, he had a deep seated hatred for it. We have enough home grown crazies, we don't need to import more. Why is it that we need to be the dumping ground for the worlds human waste?

With permanent 8% unemployment, I really fail to see why allowing in unskilled workers from parts of the world that have a track record of hating America serves a useful purpose.

Of course, if you're liberal Democrat, the good of the country takes a back seat to scamming votes from whatever source presents itself.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:08 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,433,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
It matters in terms of the OP and the senator's assurance that this is a call to explore the weaknesses of our immigration policies. You cannot predict what a child will turn out to be ten years down the road.

We certainly don't need to be the dumping ground for the "world's human waste," but neither you or I can predict that a kid who is admitted into the country will turn out to be such a form of waste.

A Mexican, South American, European or Asian immigrant will be very unlikely to become a terrorist. If these people have the ability to support themselves once here, I'm glad to welcome them to our country. If they come here as colonists rather than immigrants, and if they refuse to accept our way of life, we don't need them and they don't need to be here. In the case of the Boston Marathon bombers, the older brother was the driving force, he was known to be a problem and should have been deported when the Russians warned us about him.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 AM

I don't believe any of you hear are aware of the fact, that there are a whole lot of undesirables here due to our weak immigration...but you don't hear it reported, b/c our government doesn't want you to know just how bad it is.

Last night, I heard that the two boys that bombed Boston, were members of a muslim church that had terroristic ties...to of course, Iraq. Anyway, even the leaders of that church are known to be in connection with terrorists....

I've written this several times in these forums....there are many, many terrorists in this country, training here and recruiting here....

Also, that includes, Mexican Cartels, Russians, etc. Doesn't mean they are all bad...they are not, however, you don't know, and once again...in order to keep this all in check, we have got to do something which yes, will effect the good ones, however, if you don't, we're going to have many, many more bombings here.

Listen, rules may not seem always fair, but they are there for a reason....and this is a perfect example of that reason....rules and laws surely do effect us all, but they should not be taken lightly like we have been doing over the past how many years, letting anyone and everyone into this country.

It's got to stop....and if you cannot see that, they, I'm afraid, someday, your in for a very rude and painful awakening....

Old 10-23-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
99.999999999% of immigrants are good folk. stop being haters.
I don't care if they are good or not, if they came here with the intent of ignoring our systems, they are not good people....good people, become working members of their community, not draining our systems, hospitals and ignore the laws. Good people become legal citizens and work together not against communities.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies