Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:29 PM

29,855 posts, read 24,964,297 times

Advertisements

I will never understand why our government turns a blind eye to illegal immigration, and feels the need to allow so many immigrants in from dangerous, anti American nations. I can understand the illegals... Politicians see easy votes, and they have been brainwashed into believing Americans won't do the jobs that they take. You know, the jobs that Americans have been doing for generations, except for a somewhat livable wage... I would bet half of everything I have that if you got rid of every illegal and freed up about 15-20 million jobs in the process, the mood in the nation would be uplifted many times over. Wages would likely rise and tax receipts would boom.

But really, does America have to open it's arms to every immigrant from every volatile nation? Can't we do better than having boarder security that resembles a thin slice of swiss cheese? You would think these politicians want to see the average American put under extreme hardship and stress for no good reason at all.

I've noticed that we don't seem to attract a lot of immigrants from 1st world European countries any longer. They all seem to come from majority Islamic nations, India, various Latin American nations... I'm sorry, but it's the people that make or break a country in many regards. Many of the 3rd worlders just don't expect much in regards to a standard of living. They are willing to work for the bare necessities. Americans expect more of their nation, so there's simply no competition. Is there really any advantage for the American public to having Americans directly competing with all these 3rd worlders? It doesn't seem to be shrinking our national debt or increasing our tax receipts at the end of the year. My state is about as broke as they come, even though we have masses of illegals running around doing every job imaginable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 04:49 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,325,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
The problem is why do we have 12-25 million illegals in this country?
That is a good question, one our leaders need to be held accountable for.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I will never understand why our government turns a blind eye to illegal immigration, and feels the need to allow so many immigrants in from dangerous, anti American nations. I can understand the illegals... Politicians see easy votes, and they have been brainwashed into believing Americans won't do the jobs that they take. You know, the jobs that Americans have been doing for generations, except for a somewhat livable wage... I would bet half of everything I have that if you got rid of every illegal and freed up about 15-20 million jobs in the process, the mood in the nation would be uplifted many times over. Wages would likely rise and tax receipts would boom.

But really, does America have to open it's arms to every immigrant from every volatile nation? Can't we do better than having boarder security that resembles a thin slice of swiss cheese? You would think these politicians want to see the average American put under extreme hardship and stress for no good reason at all.

I've noticed that we don't seem to attract a lot of immigrants from 1st world European countries any longer. They all seem to come from majority Islamic nations, India, various Latin American nations... I'm sorry, but it's the people that make or break a country in many regards. Many of the 3rd worlders just don't expect much in regards to a standard of living. They are willing to work for the bare necessities. Americans expect more of their nation, so there's simply no competition. Is there really any advantage for the American public to having Americans directly competing with all these 3rd worlders? It doesn't seem to be shrinking our national debt or increasing our tax receipts at the end of the year. My state is about as broke as they come, even though we have masses of illegals running around doing every job imaginable.

Very informative and exact right on target post, thank you

Old 04-24-2013, 04:55 AM

Quote:
malamute
Homeland Security is a joke.
yes, it is, and just to show you how incompetent our government is.....
1. It is a personal insult to those that fell and their families, during 911 that they didn't/refused to reform the illegal immigration then....when they knew, our systems are weak.
2. Homeland Security is a joke, and so is FEMA
3. The government allocated money to states for homeland security, but did not oversee where the money went, they just simply give it out...one community bought brand new garbage trucks with it????? That was our money....yet, Washington refuses to make certain when they give monies away, it is spent wisely.
4. Our social systems in this country, including illegal immigration are completely broken...

Old 04-24-2013, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
We're too damn dumb to do anything about these incidents, or to learn from them. Our border to immigration issues, are a damn joke.

And how is it we get paid, for being a generous Country, people demanding rights on us, then these two idiots pay us back, by killing and maming our citizens.

Time to take a harder stance, before more incidents and copy cat whackos, want to go one better on us.
I think we should all, write letters to our congressmen, and to the President, and hound them about this...really and seriously, it's time the people of this country wake up and smell the roses.

I have no problem with anyone living in this country, as long as they are legal, and become an American citizen....a working member of our community, WE are a community and illegal immigrants have been sucking our social networks dry, not to mention, they work here and send money home????? I'm sorry if they are hard up, truly, but you don't go into someone else's home and take, take, take from them, do you? Not to mention, how is it right illegals can protest? Right there, they should arrest them and if they are illegal, immediately deport them, period. I forget what president it was, who made an announcement, many years ago, that all illegal immigrants would be sought out and sent home....many of them left....
Also, I'm sorry to say this, but the leaders of our country, do not know how to take charge and get things done, period. Look at what happened to FEMA when the hurricane hit down south....no one knew what to do, and everyone blamed everyone else, and it took them years to get things going....???????
I believe a lot of people who are in charge of our social systems, are corrupt, not to mention, the politicians promissing them amnesty if they vote for them....it's got to stop, period....

Old 04-24-2013, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Why are you talking about illegal immigrants?
These two brothers are legal
Because many people are in this country who ARE illegal who will continue to do what these two brothers did...they are in fact recruiting Americans to join them....it is in fact a brainwashing that they impose on these terrorists...train them it's good to die for Allah....now, there are a whole lot of people here in this country who are good people, however, illegal immigration is the root of evil when it is not controled...we need to start all over again...deport all illegals, which will take years, but it's a start, we need to reform our immigration laws, hold steadfast boarders and it should be a priviledge to be in America....
How would you like it if someone came into your home, and continually took from you, robbed from you, but lived there...same thing....
Our corrupt politicians have to be made to stop promising them sanctity for votes...it's got to stop...
b/c if we don't soon start correcting this problem, your going to see more and more bombings like Boston...maybe in your own community...but it's going to happen more and more...b/c they are here...and we are not doing anything about it....

Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 AM

684 posts, read 1,123,514 times
99.999999999% of immigrants are good folk. stop being haters.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
99.999999999% of immigrants are good folk. stop being haters.

I'm sorry, but if we were to go to any other country in the world, we would have to follow their rules and their laws, or else. It is not hating to want to uphold the law....
I don't hate anyone, period....and if that is all you have to say, then you probably do not have a good grasp on how illegals are hurting this country....I don't hate anyone, and neither does any other poster here in illegal immigration reform....apparently you are unable to understand the entire negative effect this all has on our country....and it's chaotic results. Doesn't mean they are bad people....tell you what, why don't we send them all to live at your home? See how you like it....
America will not thrive safely until this issue and our financial issues in this country are fixed.....

Old 04-24-2013, 06:16 AM

Sutherland makes a movie against racial profiling
Kiefer Sutherland, Kate Hudson learned from new film 'Reluctant Fundamentalist' | Fox News

See, it is b/c of movies and people who feel like Keefer Sutherland, that make it necessary.
I would think, if you come to America to live, you would be proud to be here, and become a legal citizen of the U.S.
Terrorists take advantage of our good nature and trust, they use this very issue to bring down lives...children...so, lets not call it racial profiling, lets call it, getting a grip on people who are not American Citizens? Call it whatever you want, but unfortunately, b/c terrorists use this to their agenda, you would think that the good people who are in this country would understand, why we have to do this, and support it?

If your a good person, law abiding, you would definately want to uphold the law?
And if you don't believe this to be true, you should talk to my chinese friend who came to this country, put herself thru college, learned the language and is an American Citizen....to allow this to continue is a disgrace to those who have come to this country and gone thru the pain staking steps to become a citizen.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:14 AM

32,823 posts, read 19,518,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its the ignorant blowhard right wing Grassley who made the comments.....
and what comments did he make???

Quote:
"Given the events of this week, it’s important for us to understand the gaps and loopholes in our immigration system," Grassley said, according to the Huffington Post. "While we don’t yet know the immigration status of the people who have terrorized the communities in Massachusetts, when we find out, it will help shed light on the weaknesses of our system."

again. if figures that the ignorant liberals think that mentioning '''immigration''' means only mexicans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies