Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2015, 06:20 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,263,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
JESUS /God destroyed the Sodomites in Sodom and Gomorrah. They had their warnings to repent also. God's longsuffering has a limit. Don't confuse God's longsuffering for tolerance or weakness.

Sodomy is an abomination and if not repented of through the blood of Christ and forsaken will come into judgment.
Enjoy your pulled pork sandwich after the football game.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:23 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I have been a female Scouter who has served BSA in a variety of capacities for well over twenty years, including helping to lead many backcountry trips. I am attracted to men. Am I also guilty of getting my freak on when I work with BSA? Of course not. I volunteer my time because I enjoy spending time in the outdoors in the company of other people who enjoy the outdoors, not because I am secretly preying on teenage boys.
No offense, but women don't really have a say in this conversation any more than it should be left up to men as to whether it is appropriate for males to accompany Girl Scouts on expeditions wherein privacy is limited.

Furthermore, like it or not, we have a number of social norms that apply to males and not females for the simple reason that men, statistically, are more sexually aggressive. Thus, unless you are also for giving up every one of those social norms, the anecdote of a woman accompanying Boy Scouts doesn't apply in a meaningful way as an argument when the genders are reversed.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:40 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
No offense, but women don't really have a say in this conversation any more than it should be left up to men as to whether it is appropriate for males to accompany Girl Scouts on expeditions wherein privacy is limited.

Furthermore, like it or not, we have a number of social norms that apply to males and not females for the simple reason that men, statistically, are more sexually aggressive. Thus, unless you are also for giving up every one of those social norms, the anecdote of a woman accompanying Boy Scouts doesn't apply in a meaningful way as an argument when the genders are reversed.
Women have been boy scout leaders since 1988...Where have you been?

1988 - In February, the BSA National Executive Board voted to remove gender restrictions on all adult volunteer leadership positions. BSA removed gender requirements for all adult leadership roles in Scouting. BSA Discrimination.org:Home -> Girls in BSA -> Women in Scouting

Old 07-15-2015, 06:42 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post

Pretty sure mothers are going to have a say in any activity their child takes part in.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:46 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
As a long-term registered leader in good standing with the BSA, yes, I do have a say. And if you are a registered and trained BSA leader, you should already know this.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:54 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,713,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There have been some horrible statements about homosexuals in this thread and in other threads dealing with gays...It's time for people to accept them respectfully as people, with the same rights as everyone else, and not as sodomites or any of the other hateful names I've seen them called....
Precisely. There is no better characterization for such disrespect than immaturity, and I'll apply that word to a 90 year old pastor, if necessary. The reality is that dogmatic Christianity has prompted nothing less than selective immaturity in millions of Americans, and immaturity with regard to perhaps the first moral lesson anyone is taught, the ethic of reciprocity. If you wouldn't want yourself regarded with such juvenile, false appellations, then a mature person wouldn't refer to others with such juvenile, false appellations.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:03 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,889,745 times
Exclamation It will come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
When lightning starts striking gay night clubs, perhaps I'll reconsider.

Touchdown Jesus struck by lightning: 60ft statue of Christ goes up in flames | Mail Online
Its Sodom and Gormia! Retribution will be for those who walk away from the Light. The Problem the Gay community wants to make their Sinful Life "Normal". This is what this is about. They have not interest in the attributes of Scouting what's so ever.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:07 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
JESUS /God destroyed the Sodomites in Sodom and Gomorrah. They had their warnings to repent also. God's longsuffering has a limit. Don't confuse God's longsuffering for tolerance or weakness.

Sodomy is an abomination and if not repented of through the blood of Christ and forsaken will come into judgment.
'Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fulness of bread, and prosperous ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.' Ezekiel 16:49

Gosh! It's sounds like the REAL Sodomites were actually like todays conservative Republicans!

Isn't it interesting that the Hebrew people who wrote the texts, never mentioned homosexuality in relation to the story of Sodom. It was all about inhospitality to strangers and poor treatment of the poor and needy.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/13827-Sodom

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/ar...05-hospitality

Old 07-16-2015, 05:16 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Its Sodom and Gormia! Retribution will be for those who walk away from the Light. The Problem the Gay community wants to make their Sinful Life "Normal". This is what this is about. They have not interest in the attributes of Scouting what's so ever.
What's "Gormia"?

Old 07-16-2015, 05:26 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Not a very Christian attitude.
I doubt Jesus would condone that kind of outlook on the situation.
Seriously? Then I don't think you know Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies