Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 12:27 PM

106 posts, read 81,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Which harm would that be, exactly? I see no problem with gay tolerance. Homosexually isn't "catching" if a child is aware of it.
And speaking of STDs, sexually transmitted diseases are skyrocketing in the senior and retired population, so what's your point, exactly?
When you teach children that a behavior is acceptable and there's nothing wrong with it, they will engage in it, even if it's purely experimentation. What they will not say out loud is, gays represent most of the HIV/AIDS cases in the U.S.

The senior or retired population may very well have its intances of HIV, but it is no where near as high as the homosexual populations. Are you not aware that blood centers in the U.S. will NOT accept donations of blood from men who sleep with men.

Why do you suppose? Surely it's not due to moral reasons.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Well, it is n ot a Federal Issue, since Marriage is an instituion of the States. What part of equal treatment = no discrimination do you think is half-witted, as so inelegantly and dimwittedly stated it.

It IS a federal issue where federal benefits, tax codes, etc. are dependent on marriage definitions amongst the states.

Sometime soon DOMA will be challenged and every state and federal government will have to recognize same sex marriages performed in US jurisdictions where legal, regardless of whether their own state recognizes that coupling.

At that point it's checkmate for gay marriage foes.

Stay tuned. The dustbin of history is closer than you think.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:39 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The Western concept of marriage, pretty much. The first Christian Emperors were quite content following the Roman government's laws on marriage.
Government did not interfere in marriage in the United States until the 1850s or 60s. Can't remember exactly. State of Knasas I believe.

Marriage was rightly viewed as a religious institution and Congress cannot involve themselves.

This is the way it should be today. If the Catholic Church wants to marry someone they should have the right to do so without govt approval/regulation.

A private marriage company could marry people that the churches don't want to. Like same-sex couples or non-religious folks.

And the government could recognize those marriage contracts just as they recognize other private contracts. Which would allow for inheritance, tax breaks and other issues.

We could eliminate publik divorce courts too. The institution that married the people could grant the divorce. This would put the cost on the couple, instead of forcing everyone everyone to pay for their failed relationship via taxation. This would also free up the courts to habdle other disputes more rapidly.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
When you teach children that a behavior is acceptable and there's nothing wrong with it, they will engage in it, even if it's purely experimentation.
And? If they're not gay they won't KEEP experimenting. That's what experimentation is. Were you ever a teenager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly Allen
What they will not say out loud is, gays represent most of the HIV/AIDS cases in the U.S.
Really? Lesbians represent most of the HIV/AIDS cases in the USA? Newsflash lady: Lesbians are 50% of gay people, but folks like you just can't stop thinking about the butt sex.

I suppose gay men are also responsible for most of the out of wedlock and teenage pregnancies, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly Allen
The senior or retired population may very well have its intances of HIV, but it is no where near as high as the homosexual populations.

Epic fail of logical thinking.

Gay sex doesn't cause the spread of HIV. If two committed guys have anal sex for years they will never get HIV, never get any diseases at all.

People engaging in unsafe sex causes the spread of STDs of all kinds. Promiscuity AND safe sex increases the chances of catching STDs.

Solution: Keep focusing on promoting safe sex and non-promiscuity... but focusing on safe sex because we live in a place called "the real world" where people have sex. This same real world where gay and bisexual people exist that you want to pretend doesn't exist.

Transmission of HIV in the gay community is fastest among the traditionally disenfranchised groups, such as African American males. Education and access to resources, as usual, goes a long way in reducing STD transmission.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:44 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
When you teach children that a behavior is acceptable and there's nothing wrong with it, they will engage in it, even if it's purely experimentation. What they will not say out loud is, gays represent most of the HIV/AIDS cases in the U.S.

The senior or retired population may very well have its intances of HIV, but it is no where near as high as the homosexual populations. Are you not aware that blood centers in the U.S. will NOT accept donations of blood from men who sleep with men.

I'm not attracted to men. I have never been attracted to men, ever. When I go to the beach I look at women in bikinis not men. When I go to a bar I notice the women, not the men. When I workout I notice the women not the men. When I was 13 I wasn't trying or even interested in trying to get with men. Men have never turned me on and I would have no problem being with a man except I don't like men.

If the above doesn't represent you then you may not be as straight as you think.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:45 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:

Yeah, they ask me if I ever had relations with another male or a prostitute. They also ask if I ever visited certain countries and if I ever shot drugs. Now they ask if I was in England when the Mad Cow epidemic broke out.

All presumbly to limit the chance of having HIV in the blood donation supply.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:45 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It IS a federal issue where federal benefits, tax codes, etc. are dependent on marriage definitions amongst the states.

Sometime soon DOMA will be challenged and every state and federal government will have to recognize same sex marriages performed in US jurisdictions where legal, regardless of whether their own state recognizes that coupling.

At that point it's checkmate for gay marriage foes.

Stay tuned. The dustbin of history is closer than you think.
Homosexuals already have the right to marry. Why do you keep ignoring that fact"? There are no restrictions, whatsoever, that apply to homosexuals that don't apply same, same to heterosexuals.

Allowing same-sex marriages turns marrige into a farce, which is your ultimate goal, now isn't it.!!!!!!

Marriage has served society in general very well across the milleneum, and it is in no need of tinckering by Progressive with Ulteriorr motives.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:

Well, that's odd. My son was raised around gays since infancy, has many gay friends but never had the urge to experiment with a man. He thinks it's "icky" but none of his business.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:53 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Gar's already have the right to marry. Why do you keep ignoring that fact"? There are no restrictions, whatsoever, that apply to homosexuals that don't apply same, same to heterosexuals.

Allowing same-sex marriages turns marrige into a farce, which is your ultimate goal, now isn't it.!!!!!!

Marriage has served society in general very well across the milleneum, and it is in no need of tinckering by
What a crock of ****. You are making as much sense as saying blacks and whites can marry as long as they don't marry each other.

Gays can only marry in a handful of states. The rest of the states banned civil unions/gay marriage, all post 2000 I might add.

As long as the federal government is doling out benefits and rights to married couples then it cannot discriminate based on sexual orientation.

Ultimately, you have no say. The SCOTUS is going to decide whether or not the federal gov even has the right to dole out benefits, should have any say in marriage, and whether or not the fed can treat people differently.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Homosexuals already have the right to marry. Why do you keep ignoring that fact"? There are no restrictions, whatsoever, that apply to homosexuals that don't apply same, same to heterosexuals.
Wow, your argument is so amazingly smart! I wonder why NONE of the lawyers that argue against gay marriage haven't thought about that argument! Quick, call NOM!

Oh wait... they have... back during the days of the miscegenation cases where the Courts told them it was a crap argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi
LOL, no. The ultimate goal is to allow people to marry whomever they please, based on their heart.

Just like is happening across the civilized world. Every year more countries are added to the list. Face it, Robin: You and your ideological allies just may not be cut out for life in western, free society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi
Marriage has served society in general very well across the milleneum, and it is in no need of tinckering by Progressive with Ulteriorr motives.

Gay marriage does not change anything one iota for straight marriages.

All it does is rile up the idiots and the insecure, who can't think their way logically out of a paper bag. To hell with those people.

Last edited by TriMT7; 04-22-2013 at 01:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies