Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 01:55 PM

977 posts, read 764,016 times

Advertisements

.......without attacking the right's positions?

The right says lower taxes the left says "you don't care about others'.
The right says gun control does not work the left says "you want dead children'.
The right says work hard and strive to do better the left says "it takes a village" and "you didn't build that".
The right says character is important the left says "moral relativism and situational ethics".

That's the short list. It would be novel if for once the left actually could articulate why they believe what they believe without saying "b-b-b-but Bush". It would also be refreshing if they could make an argument based on the merits of their belief system without the nuance, dodge, ducking, obfuscating, straw man, demonizing or otherwise going after the right simply because we believe differently. For those on the left, for once try to say why what you believe is best for this nation has merit without attacking the right.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:01 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,118,467 times
These arguments are made all the time. You're just not looking in the right places.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:02 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
The left says treat gay people equally. The right says gays can marry women too.
The left says don't regulate my body. The right says you can still go to another state.
The left says provide education and food for poor children. The right says don't get pregnant.
The left says don't discriminate. The right says all terrorists are Muslims.

It goes both ways...

(Btw, I despise both parties)

Old 04-22-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancat100 View Post
These arguments are made all the time. You're just not looking in the right places.
Well here is an opportunity in this thread for those on the left.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:06 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,999 times
Typical leftie:

Inquiry is separated from ideological rigidity by a willingness to entertain questions and admit doubt. The giveaway of ideology is emotional hostility to skeptics. Democrats today have it in spades. Just as the church once reacted punitively to Galileo for abandoning the party line, so do ideological Dems to those who do not accept the dogma of their "thinking".

Most'em, Leastways

Old 04-22-2013, 02:07 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Because you can't prove an emotion.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:08 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
The right says reality and common sense - the left says no ...warm and fuzzy.

Again, the American people are being treated like idiots by this administration. Democrats and Liberals use emotion instead of reason when making important decisions. Did you notice during the election all the Democratic fear mongering? Fear is used to control the masses and the Democrats do it all the time.

They put ya'll back in chains
Vote with your lady parts,
They are throwing grandma over the cliff
vote, vote, vote for revenge

Oh and the most recent fear mongering when Obama campaigned on sequestration, it was comical to watch as he was to scare the living life out of people.

Last edited by petch751; 04-22-2013 at 02:17 PM..

Old 04-22-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The left says treat gay people equally. The right says gays can marry women too.
The left says don't regulate my body. The right says you can still go to another state.
The left says provide education and food for poor children. The right says don't get pregnant.
The left says don't discriminate. The right says all terrorists are Muslims.

It goes both ways...

(Btw, I despise both parties)
You just made my point.

But I'll humor you.
Regulate her body? Abortion is legal. Many people on all sides have their personal opinions. Roe v Wade is not going anywhere.

What the hell does education and food have to do with getting pregnant? How's this as a foreign concept to some? If you have the children, provide for them. All states are required to provide an education. Look it up.

LOL! So because most terrorism is committed by Muslims, the right 'discriminates' by thinking 'Muslim' when a terror attack takes place?

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-22-2013 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 04-22-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The right says reality and common sense - the left says no ...warm and fuzzy.

Liberals Use emotion instead of reason when making important decisions.
Of course! They need to get people 'fired up' as Obama likes to say. Create an angry mob and then point to the 'right'.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:10 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,118,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Well here is an opportunity in this thread for those on the left.
Okay. I'm game. As long as you're civil with me, I'll be civil with you. Deal? Is there a particular issue you want to discuss or is this about overall worldviews?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies