Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,598,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I don't know if you're joking or serious. If you're serious, wow! Delusional....
Says Mr. Texas. I live here too. Do you have any idea how out of touch with the rest of the country we are when it comes to politics?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:26 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,115,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Actually the thought now is that A.Q. is just fine and all that's been accomplished has been to decentralize them and spread them out.
And oh my, they have proven to be so sophisticated since then. Underwear bombs, pressure cooker bombs, hell... the Times Square bomber couldn't get a car to explode.

I for one am pretty happy with the difference between AQ 2001 and AQ 2012.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,090,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It is astounding that the right-wingers are still flogging this in the desperate hope that they can somehow hurt the president with it. The fact that there was a different understanding of what was happening between people there and people thousands of miles away, is not a "scandal," it is a given.

Of course keyboard commandos who have never been closer to the action than a Clancy novel have never heard of the fog of war.
While parts of what you say may be accurate I have to question any "fog" that lasts 7 hours or is clear enough to be watching it the whole time. It's not like they were getting radio communications from commanders in the field where a "fog" could occur, they were in the loop REAL TIME and knew exactly what was happening.
Fog of war does happen and is understandable, the problem is it's now an excuse given for any failure.

15,047 posts, read 8,901,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What lesson did you learn from these deaths? Were not these lives important to right-wingers? If so, where was the investigation into how/why they occurred and how to prevent them from happening again? Did I miss the hearings for such?

Many embassies attacked during the Bush years before Benghazi
You're wasting your breath, jojajn. It's been pointed out to them many times here on this board. It matters not, because THIS attack was DIFFERENT than any other attack on a U.S. embassy EVER!! They remind me of birthers, you cannot penetrate the wall of ignorance they have constructed by using reason or facts--they simply will not hear you. And like birthers, no one outside of their echo chamber will ever give them the time of day.

38,496 posts, read 25,891,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What is wrong? You don't like the truth? That man called, no begged for more security and his requests were denied. As the Al-Quaeda flags were flying all around and other countries pulled their people out. Our Ambassador was denied more security. Now tell me about respect.

Do you know who Gosnell is? Or is MSNBC keeping you blind to that. Oh yea, they were called out and forced to report it. Did you see the dead baby. That too is a result of your politics.
Stevens was advised not to go to Benghazi due to security purposes days before he went! Stevens ignored this warning from our State Dept.

Quote:
Despite this email, Stevens went ahead with his trip to Benghazi, arriving there on Sept. 10. At the time, there were three State Department diplomatic security officers deployed on temporary duty at the department's Benghazi mission. Stevens brought another two with him from Tripoli — bringing the total State Department security contingent in Benghazi to five people.
Quote:
"The Board found that Ambassador Stevens made the decision to travel to Benghazi independently of Washington, per standard practice," said the State Department's Accountability Review Board report released on Dec. 18."
Boehner Must Impanel Special Committee to Investigate Benghazi | CNS News

20,496 posts, read 12,432,292 times
This will NOT be Obama's "watergate"

The reason has nothing to do with the merits of the case.

The reason is that Democrats understand the meaning of defending their own. They will NOT allow a democrat to go down like that.

in the first place, doing so would harm the liberal brand
in the second place, minorities would see it as a betrayal and they wold not vote for dems which would prevent dems from winning national elections.

It wont happen. The republican party is the only party that has "bad guys".

Old 05-06-2013, 09:30 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,807,870 times
Quote:
CBS released information on the Benghazi 9-11 massacre today that could potentially bring down the Obama Administration.

Buried in their report (down in paragraph eight) CBS reported, “Throughout the night, sources say Americans on the ground in Libya at times felt helpless and abandoned… But they were told immediate help wasn’t available.” But, counterterrorism sources and internal emails reviewed by CBS News express frustration that key responders were ready to deploy, but were not called upon to help.
I have emphasized above, the reason why the Benghazi attacks and murders will NOT "bring down the Obama administration".

Old 05-06-2013, 09:31 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,598,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So tell us which ones you dispute, don't make a blanket post. Back it up.
I would love to dispute many of these, however I have noticed many conservatives on CD now have me on ignore.

Gee, Wally, I wonder why?

30,205 posts, read 18,779,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
This will NOT be Obama's "watergate"

The reason has nothing to do with the merits of the case.

The reason is that Democrats understand the meaning of defending their own. They will NOT allow a democrat to go down like that.

in the first place, doing so would harm the liberal brand
in the second place, minorities would see it as a betrayal and they wold not vote for dems which would prevent dems from winning national elections.

It wont happen. The republican party is the only party that has "bad guys".

Agreed. Nothing will happen to Obama. The democrats will circle the wagons and prevent any inquiry into Benghazi which might harm Obama.

The dems are not interested in the rule of law- only the defense of "their" president. Of course, the rules will be different if there is ever a republican president again.

22,974 posts, read 27,090,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And oh my, they have proven to be so sophisticated since then. Underwear bombs, pressure cooker bombs, hell... the Times Square bomber couldn't get a car to explode.

I for one am pretty happy with the difference between AQ 2001 and AQ 2012.
So, one airplane attack (that many have pretty much put in the way back of memory) vs the several successful attacks since and you're good with that?
The point that A.Q. figured out is they don't have to be fully successful to be successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies